You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football - 2020/21

WhiskeyJar

I guess the football Gods decided if we were going to win the league then we'd have to suffer an absolutely horrible season afterwards. A City-Chelsea champions league final seems the perfect way to finish off this godawful season. The only way it probably could have been any worse was an all Manchester final (just felt a shudder at the sheer thought of that ever happening). 

Chelsea winning it would be the least unpleasant outcome just because I find Pep, this City squad, and pretty much everyone associated with City these days so dislikeable. It's probably best Madrid didn't somehow fluke their way through tonight because they'd have got absolutely slaughtered by City in the final. It really shows how poor we were though to get knocked out by them. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Dr Nowt said:

Ha. Fuck off Rojo! Stealing my thoughts before I have them.

Haha! Great minds, mate.

If you didn’t laugh manically at this horrific season you’d never stop crying. A few weeks to go yet too. 

• Upvote 1

You watch these Sky twats now, “ this proves that the prem is the best league in the world” whist conveniently forgetting the millions spent, and the fact that the Allardice clones plotting next season’s campaign with 37 draws I win to keep them in the league, park the bus and destroy football.

One year ago I expected us to beat City, Chelsea and any other team in the world. 

Now the gap from us up to City and Chelsea is so huge that it is absolutely devestating.

Chelsea today; the pressing, the guts, the skills, the pace - very impressive. We were just like that, then we lost it all completely. 

The only good thing about this is if Chelsea lose the final it will be legitimately hilarious that they will have spent 250m in a summer only to waste their time by handing the keys to Fat Frank for half a season and they'd win nothing major except potentially the FA Cup. And if City lose, well, that's inherently a fantastic result. 

6 minutes ago, KevieG said:

I know we're shite now, but still, how did Madrid beat us so comfortably. They are brutal. Chelsea could have won this tie by 6 or 7 goals. 

A combination of being shite and spineless/gutless at same time.

If we'd have had even a bit of guts in that first half over there we might have had a squeak even as shite as we are, but we shit all down our legs.

Again.

28 minutes ago, ben48 said:

You watch these Sky twats now, “ this proves that the prem is the best league in the world” whist conveniently forgetting the millions spent, and the fact that the Allardice clones plotting next season’s campaign with 37 draws I win to keep them in the league, park the bus and destroy football.

Sky will hardly mention the CL, it's like it doesn't exist since they lost the rights to show it.

57 minutes ago, mike23 said:

I guess the football Gods decided if we were going to win the league then we'd have to suffer an absolutely horrible season afterwards. A City-Chelsea champions league final seems the perfect way to finish off this godawful season. The only way it probably could have been any worse was an all Manchester final (just felt a shudder at the sheer thought of that ever happening). 

Chelsea winning it would be the least unpleasant outcome just because I find Pep, this City squad, and pretty much everyone associated with City these days so dislikeable. It's probably best Madrid didn't somehow fluke their way through tonight because they'd have got absolutely slaughtered by City in the final. It really shows how poor we were though to get knocked out by them. 

Prefer Chelsea to win the final as none of them isn't an option. Madrid are shite but they didn't have to be any good to beat us. Grim season. 

• Upvote 1

I know there’s no time for two club cunts on here but Sporting just need 4 points to clinch the Premeira. Three years ago they were known as the worst run club in world football, when their president paid supporters to attack players at the training ground. Just goes to show anything is possible and you are never as far away as you think. All done on a shoestring budget, with a rookie manager and a bunch of punk kids. Big Seb Coates finally came good.

• Upvote 4

On 04/05/2021 at 22:34, TheHowieLama said:

Is it just me or is Neymar massively over rated?

The last time he won anything of meaning was a 5 or 6 years ago and he was the third banana in that side.

1 trophy in Europe - zero trophies at international level I think.

Excellent in "money heist"

Bullshit final this. Both cheated their way to it. Chelsea to a lesser extent. Chelsea to win it can't stomach the thought of Cuntiola winning it with his gazillion pound squad who pays marginally more wages than we do.

Guest Alex_K

I, for one, welcome our new overlords of the Beautiful Game. City & Chelsea provided a leading moral-light as protectors & guardians of footballs past (c 1992), present and future. All is as deserved and as wanted by the country’s enlightened fans, especially those wise and proactive brothers in Mancunia.