You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football - 2020/21

WhiskeyJar

2 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Playing a half fit Kane was a masterstroke...again.

Should have just played their three quickest forwards considering their only chance of scoring was on the break. 

Kane's bigger than the club. He wouldn't accept being left out of a final.

Really in two minds about City winning the Champions League. 

On the one hand I despise them so much and the thoughts of them getting their hands on Old Big Ears fills me with dread. Having said that, I have a feeling if they win it, they might be a little slower off the blocks next year, so if they are going to win it, it's better they do it in s clusterfuck of a season.

20 minutes ago, Elite said:

It really is.

City and to a lesser extent Chelsea just cheating their way to trophies. Devalues the whole competition.

We put up a great fight for a few seasons but everyone else just bends over.

I think Chelsea have overtaken our FA cup haul and City have either drawn level or overtaken our League Cup record. 

It's amazing what money can do, both of them had about 18 trophies between them before oil money. 

39 minutes ago, Tj hooker said:

Is it Me or does Citehs end look as it would in normal times 

Thought the same myself mate 

30 minutes ago, Stickman said:

There literally is no rivalry between Utd and City anymore I know Neville has to try and be unbiased but there is no way he comes out with this fawning if it's Liverpool. 

I guess as long as either stops us then both sets of fans are happy  

To be fair he was pretty complimentary about us a good few times when we were the best in the world. He had to be. 

11 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

They'll always be Wigan with a lottery win. 

Hahahaha is right 

It seems at least one of them has woken up.

£50m Ederson - top 3 GKS in league 

£50m Walker - best RB in prem or close 
£50m each Dias & Laporte 2 of best CBs apart from VVD 
£50m Cancelo - one of best FB’s in league 

£50m Rodri or Fernandiniho - world class holding miss
£30m KDB - best player in Orem 
£30m Gundogan - one of best CM’s in league 

£50m Sterling - top player 
- foden - world class talent 
£50m Marhez - incredible player 

Then on bench likes of:
£50m Mendy 
£50m Stones 
£50m ake 
£30m Bernardo silva
£30m Torres 
£30m jesus 
£30m aguero 
*figures are very approx but all those players are big money signings*
It’s basically cheating. Absolute joke how good their team and squad a

• Upvote 2

Fuck me, that was so boring I fell asleep during the 2nd half, only the sounds of tyler gushing over one of the saviours of English football woke me up. But I guess he didnt give them the sly digs that we got off both sky and BT, eh?

Given the way city camped outside the Spurs box in the 1st half and blocks by Spurs players, I thought their name might be on the trophy. Despite Kane playing, I guess his ankles hurt too much for him to make any impact and I only saw Son look remotely interested. Wish we could sign this boy, he'd make an impact here.

• Upvote 1

I hope city never win the CL and would prefer almost anyone else (Everton excepted,(stop laughing at the back!)) to win it before them.

Its the one thing that their owners brought Guardiola in for, expecting they’d win it before now I expect, and it’s the one thing the owners, manager and fans want more than anything else.

So fuck them, let them have the League, the FA cup and League cup, they’ve paid for them already, keep the CL out of their grubby hands and keep them boiling their piss that we have six already and got the last one only two seasons ago.

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Fuck me, that was so boring I fell asleep during the 2nd half, only the sounds of tyler gushing over one of the saviours of English football woke me up. But I guess he didnt give them the sly digs that we got off both sky and BT, eh?

Given the way city camped outside the Spurs box in the 1st half and blocks by Spurs players, I thought their name might be on the trophy. Despite Kane playing, I guess his ankles hurt too much for him to make any impact and I only saw Son look remotely interested. Wish we could sign this boy, he'd make an impact here.

I think age could be an issue. 29 in July.

Hard to care really.  The Sky mob can play down that City have won this 'fair' competition four times in a row, but how much longer can they dress this nonsense up.  

£200m they bought City for.  Every time the price of a barrel of oil rises by $1, it is estimated Abu Dhabi gains as much as £280m a day...

When they were bought, ex City chairman David Bernstein said:

"Many boards have fallen foul in the chase of Man Utd, but this is mega finance and maybe in a year we could be top five and chasing Champions League places."

Which for me, goes back to the start of this mess, United.  

• Upvote 1