Quantcast
Other football - 2020/21 - Page 554 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
WhiskeyJar

Other football - 2020/21

42 minutes ago, Alex_K said:

Would take Kane over pretty much every other player in the world for us. If he stays in England you'd hope we have as good a shot as any, if the money is right. Fantasy that FSG would stump up, though.

The worrying thing is, he will want to stay in the Premier League and break Shearers record, so he will either go to City or United, and if he goes to either of those two, I can't see us finishing ahead of them.

10 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

The worrying thing is, he will want to stay in the Premier League and break Shearers record, so he will either go to City or United, and if he goes to either of those two, I can't see us finishing ahead of them.

Yes I also think he’ll want to stay here. Depressing thought. 

11 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Spurs would not sell us a good player, just as we wouldn't sell them a good player. 

Why not? Do you think they would sell to City or United? We’ve probably done more business with Spurs historically than we’ve done with any of the other ‘leading’ English sides. Money is the thing.

20 minutes ago, Stickman said:

Kane’s ankle could have gone again by the looks of it ....

That might be our best hope. His ankles seem to be a bit fucked so hopefully he will keep breaking down. 

13 minutes ago, No2 said:

Kanes price + Kanes ankles = Kane is unviable for a proper club. Oil money only.

I’m not convinced Kane is a Guardiola player. At the very least, City would have to significantly change their system to get the best out of him without sacrificing a lot elsewhere on the pitch.

He has Man Utd splurge written all over him, and while he’d be a fine addition to a team that is having a decent season, he’d probably be their only major signing and I’m not convinced he automatically transforms them into world beaters.

Just now, Anubis said:

Good result for us tonight, though.

Perfect result for us, not that I think either Everton or Spurs have a chance in hell to finish above us. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Alex_K said:

Why not? Do you think they would sell to City or United? We’ve probably done more business with Spurs historically than we’ve done with any of the other ‘leading’ English sides. Money is the thing.

Kane would force a move to City or United. He'd not force a move to us because bar these past few seasons, we've been the same tier of club as Spurs in terms of competitiveness. And yes, they have more money. 

Kane would suit Man U if he stayed fit. They aren’t currently good enough to finish above City, but with a proven goal scorer like him they’d be pretty good I fear.

Son would be more likely to fit in with our style, but there’s no way Levy is losing both of them in the summer, he might cash in on Kane before he gets too old and still has a good trade in value, and would likely have someone lined up to replace him.

We likely wouldn’t have enough cash for either.