Jump to content
WhiskeyJar

Other football - 2020/21

Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Just watching West Brom walking the ball into the Southampton area, wave after wave. 

Saints can't be arsed, fans can't return quick enough, these mad silent games are absolute shite and a waste of everyone's time. 

Its really shite can barely watch our games and even thats a struggle , football is nothing without fans .Really hope those in charge appreciate fans even more now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, magicrat said:

Shams boys giving Saints a shafting . God forbid he keeps them up, his head would shrink to size of a small planet .

Fixed.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, magicrat said:

Shams boys giving Saints a shafting . God forbid he keeps them up, his head would swell to size of a small planet .

It's unlikely, that last Newcastle win really screwed them. They've got to turn around an 8 point or rather a 9 point deficit considering the goal difference with 7 games remaining. Nothing would ever deflate Sam's ego.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Just watching West Brom walking the ball into the Southampton area, wave after wave. 

Saints can't be arsed, fans can't return quick enough, these mad silent games are absolute shite and a waste of everyone's time. 

Since they beat us at the beginning of January, Southampton have only won two league games and yet they're still only 14th! That's 11 games lost in three months!

 

But yes, I agree, this season (and the end of last) is shite - football in empty stadiums is normally a punishment, yet here we all are, pretending it's any good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, clangers said:

It's unlikely, that last Newcastle win really screwed them. They've got to turn around an 8 point or rather a 9 point deficit considering the goal difference with 7 games remaining. Nothing would ever deflate Sam's ego.

I was hoping they would be down before we played them .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With seven games to play for both Newcastle and West Brom, let's take a guess at what might be likely.

 

Newcastle are currently 8 points ahead of West Brom, with a goal difference of -19 to West Brom's -31. A reasonable and realistic target for them would be a win and two draws from their remaining 7 games. A win at home against Sheffield Utd (37), a draw away at Fulham on the last day, and another draw from any of their other 5 games, to bring them to a total of 37.

 

West Brom, after tonight's game, are on 24 pts. To get above Newcastle's projected total of 37, would require them to win at least 4 of their 7 remaining games. Four wins would get them only to 36, but with a current goal difference of 12 worse off than Newcastle, they would need another win, or at least a couple of draws to sneak ahead to safety, as well as hoping Newcastle don't get any more than 5 pts from a possible 21.

 

Having managed only 5 wins in the previous 31 games, it's extremely unlikely that they will manage that same number in only 7, which are as follows...

 

A Leicester 

A Aston Villa

H Wolves

A Arsenal

H Liverpool

H West Ham

A Leeds

 

On any given day, a win against any and all of these, including ourselves, given our form this season, is possible. But getting a consistent run to win, and having to win 5 of them, is an ask about the size of Sam's massive head - external and internal combined.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Chocoholic said:

With seven games to play for both Newcastle and West Brom, let's take a guess at what might be likely.

 

Newcastle are currently 8 points ahead of West Brom, with a goal difference of -19 to West Brom's -31. A reasonable and realistic target for them would be a win and two draws from their remaining 7 games. A win at home against Sheffield Utd (37), a draw away at Fulham on the last day, and another draw from any of their other 5 games, to bring them to a total of 37.

 

West Brom, after tonight's game, are on 24 pts. To get above Newcastle's projected total of 37, would require them to win at least 4 of their 7 remaining games. Four wins would get them only to 36, but with a current goal difference of 12 worse off than Newcastle, they would need another win, or at least a couple of draws to sneak ahead to safety, as well as hoping Newcastle don't get any more than 5 pts from a possible 21.

 

Having managed only 5 wins in the previous 31 games, it's extremely unlikely that they will manage that same number in only 7, which are as follows...

 

A Leicester 

A Aston Villa

H Wolves

A Arsenal

H Liverpool

H West Ham

A Leeds

 

On any given day, a win against any and all of these, including ourselves, given our form this season, is possible. But getting a consistent run to win, and having to win 5 of them, is an ask about the size of Sam's massive head - external and internal combined.

 

Hopefully West Brom are 10pts behind Newcastle when we play them as i would fucking love to relegate that Jabba the hut cunt. But If West Brom can do a job on leicester next week and West Ham a few weeks later i'll happily see them stay up. But then if Newcastle can do a job on Leicester aswell....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This sums up the entire mentality of Everton from top to bottom. Mediocre and 26 years without a trophy, but another shite performance is accepted because Coleman has a sly dig at us in his post-match interview.

 

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/brighton-ha-v-everton-preview-match-report-and-motm-poll.112384/page-156

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

What did he say?

He said he doesn’t want to blame their results on injuries because there are “other teams doing that”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why Seamus you cheeky scamp. I bet the sky sports Twitter feed is blowing up tonight with top banter. Although who gives a shit.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Reckoner said:

Why Seamus you cheeky scamp. I bet the sky sports Twitter feed is blowing up tonight with top banter. Although who gives a shit.

Just quite incredible banter all round from the top, top LADS. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Just quite incredible banter all round from the top, top LADS. 

It must be hilarious. Sponsor approved pre-scripted bantz from those two legends, followed by genuine sounding laughter all round.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

It must be hilarious. Sponsor approved pre-scripted bantz from those two legends, followed by genuine sounding laughter all round.

I love seeing the face on Souness or Keane when they're enduring it. 

 

The non ex player presenter always acts like he's got a massive stonk on as well. That Jake Humphries is absolutely excruciating. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

I love seeing the face on Souness or Keane when they're enduring it. 

 

The non ex player presenter always acts like he's got a massive stonk on as well. That Jake Humphries is absolutely excruciating. 

 

 

It’s hysterical on ‘MNF’ when they make some statement like it’s all massively controversial and like it’s going to send ripples through the football world. It’s obviously come from the producer as part of their huge contract to say. Then they amplify the silence like it’s discussing a fucking peace process, chairs creaking, all sit there with serious expressions, like shit, this is really important stuff. The world will be a different place now Gary has said some England players didn’t get really get on. Or Jamie has said Rafa was a bit cold. 
Absolute weapons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Jairzinho said:

I love seeing the face on Souness or Keane when they're enduring it. 

 

The non ex player presenter always acts like he's got a massive stonk on as well. That Jake Humphries is absolutely excruciating. 

 

 

Roy Keane is in on it. He plays it up for the crowd big time.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×