Quantcast
Other football - 2020/21 - Page 547 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
WhiskeyJar

Other football - 2020/21

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Okay. They’re a brilliantly managed side that have a real chance of winning the title and the European Cup this season, you know, those competitions that we very nearly doubled up on in recent years.  Is that better?

Was more focusing on your Utd are an irrelevance nonsense. Utd are never an irrelevance when it comes to Liverpool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Captain Howdy said:

Ok

I don't get it, though. You keep assuring us that Man United have been a very good team and that we've been terrible for a while, yet you have no idea how they've ended up above us? Seems like you're just confused.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

I don't get it, though. You keep assuring us that Man United have been a very good team and that we've been terrible for a while, yet you have no idea how they've ended up above us? Seems like you're just confused.

I am, very. It’s been a fucking massive turn around in a relatively short space of time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:Utd are never an irrelevance when it comes to Liverpool.

Agree on that, same as with Everton. They’re no longer our yardstick of what success is, though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

 

I'm not sure really because if we finish somewhere between 5th and 7th the big picture for next season will be trying to get into the top four. 

 

I can't see us getting near City. It would need VVD and at least one of Matip or Gomez to come back at the level they were previously, Firmino and Mane to both stay and get their form back, the owners to spend some money, etc, etc. I don't see it.

Of course we’ll struggle to catch City and Chelsea next season, but I don’t think we’ve too much to fear elsewhere. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Of course we’ll struggle to catch City and Chelsea next season, but I don’t think we’ve too much to fear elsewhere. 

Do you think we'll finish a long way clear of United?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This seasons been a complete aberration, no need to read too much into it. If anything it will give us the motivation to prove ourselves again next season. VVD is a 20 pointer simple as. Well be in the reckoning next year.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jairzinho said:

Do you think we'll finish a long way clear of United?

Yes, if we’re not absolutely blighted with injuries again. Not sure where that will leave us in terms of a title challenge, though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

I am, very. It’s been a fucking massive turn around in a relatively short space of time.

An insane turnaround. I think the centreback injuries has been massive but it doesn't excuse some of the performances of players, often the team or even some managerial decisions. We dropped points to most of the bottom 6 sides where not one single player would make it into even our weakest side. Its been a shitshow on every level. We have to hope that this season is just an anomaly, everything hit us at once, its just going to be tough to rebuild that mentality with the players, they've lost that invincibility and unless we do something exciting in the transfer window I dont think "we go again" cuts the mustard.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

An insane turnaround. I think the centreback injuries has been massive but it doesn't excuse some of the performances of players, often the team or even some managerial decisions. We dropped points to most of the bottom 6 sides where not one single player would make it into even our weakest side. Its been a shitshow on every level. We have to hope that this season is just an anomaly, everything hit us at once, its just going to be tough to rebuild that mentality with the players, they've lost that invincibility and unless we do something exciting in the transfer window I dont think "we go again" cuts the mustard.

Aye. I’m 56 years of age and I’ve followed football since I was a child, I’ve never seen a turnaround like it. We’ve gone from being virtually unbeatable, tearing up all sorts of records and being touted as one of the greatest sides of all time to getting twatted at home by all manner of shite and wrestling with the likes of Everton for a sniff of one of the last CL places, all within the space of less than one season. It’s fucking mental and dare I say bizarre.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

Aye. I’m 56 years of age and I’ve followed football since I was a child, I’ve never seen a turnaround like it. We’ve gone from being virtually unbeatable, tearing up all sorts of records and being touted as one of the greatest sides of all time to getting twatted at home by all manner of shite and wrestling with the likes of Everton for a sniff of one of the last CL places, all within the space of less than one season. It’s fucking mental and dare I say bizarre.

 

VAR, injuries to top player, no investment to replace injured superstar. Covid fuckery, no fans at anfield, Klopp mum dying etc. Hardly fucking bizarre is it. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have not gone from anywhere.

 

We are driving a formula 1 car with just three wheels. 
 

When we get that last wheel on, we will only have one competitor. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

Aye. I’m 56 years of age and I’ve followed football since I was a child, I’ve never seen a turnaround like it. We’ve gone from being virtually unbeatable, tearing up all sorts of records and being touted as one of the greatest sides of all time to getting twatted at home by all manner of shite and wrestling with the likes of Everton for a sniff of one of the last CL places, all within the space of less than one season. It’s fucking mental and dare I say bizarre.

5 of the main players in that team were missing from that side pretty much the entire season, either completely, or from their proper positions.

 

4 of the 5 are starting every game, if fit.

 

That's more than a third of the starting line up.

 

On top of that, our fresh blood signings missed 3 months each.

 

How many times has that happened in your 57 years?


 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, El Rojo said:

Of course we’ll struggle to catch City and Chelsea next season, but I don’t think we’ve too much to fear elsewhere. 

No we won't . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hope this true . Kane out , Mophead in. 

 

Tottenhamboss Jose Mourinho is planning a possible reunion with former Belgium midfielder Marouane Fellaini by bringing him to Spurs. The 33-year-old, who worked under Mourinho at Manchester United, has been with Chinese club Shandong Luneng since leaving Old Trafford in 2019. (Voetball 24 via Su

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, magicrat said:

Hope this true . Kane out , Mophead in. 

 

Tottenhamboss Jose Mourinho is planning a possible reunion with former Belgium midfielder Marouane Fellaini by bringing him to Spurs. The 33-year-old, who worked under Mourinho at Manchester United, has been with Chinese club Shandong Luneng since leaving Old Trafford in 2019. (Voetball 24 via Su

Then in January, Jose out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Daniel Levy is almost always very shrew and calculated but as soon as Mourinho fluttered his eye-lids at him he dropped his pants like a Phuket brass. His days as a top level manager are gone. In-fact he is that toxic no owner should want anything to do with him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maureen's been on the wane for almost a decade now. Only the dumbest, dumbest owner would give him a long-term gig at a top European side after this. The obscure far-east club/international team circuit is where he's headed next, I'd have thought.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is where Tottenham found themselves when Pochettino got sacked, and where they finished last season. 
 

 

77130C6D-DE9D-46EF-97F7-8EAD4990C7BF.jpeg

BEE94663-034A-4BEF-9CDB-7B923ACB098F.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Code said:

This is where Tottenham found themselves when Pochettino got sacked, and where they finished last season. 
 

 

77130C6D-DE9D-46EF-97F7-8EAD4990C7BF.jpeg

BEE94663-034A-4BEF-9CDB-7B923ACB098F.jpeg

This is Tottenham two years ago under Pochettinho

 

Harry-Kane.jpg?width=1200

 

This is Spurs now

 

960x0.jpg?fit=scale

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×