You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football - 2020/21

WhiskeyJar

Biscan is Croatia’s coach.

Tell what’s bizarre about my memories of Igor, is that I don’t remember any of the bad stuff. He was obviously really, really poor in his time with us but unlike say Diao, Konchesky, J. Cole and a few others, I can’t remember him having a real, real stinker for us.

I just remember him dominating his first 2 games v Man Utd & Arsenal and looking like the best player ever, then good memories of his goal at Fulham (my 23rd b’day), a last minute goal v Bolton and some of his performances during the run to Istanbul (he was outstanding v Deportivo and Leverkusen). 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

91st minute, Croatia score a beauty. 

England going out.

Is Igor Biscan Croatia’s coach?

Yes he is.  Airy Boothroyd has has an absolute stinker.  Played some of the wrong players in a shit formation they clearly weren’t comfortable with and they didn’t get a shot on target for 2 games.  Jones came off the bench in the first one and was all over the place which was probably the reason he didn’t start the second.  He’s been England’s best player in this third game though.  He hit the bar, should have scored another trying to go around the keeper, was creating all sorts and eventually scored a great goal.

3 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Tell what’s bizarre about my memories of Igor, is that I don’t remember any of the bad stuff. He was obviously really, really poor in his time with us but unlike say Diao, Konchesky, J. Cole and a few others, I can’t remember him having a real, real stinker for us.

I just remember him dominating his first 2 games v Man Utd & Arsenal and looking like the best player ever, then good memories of his goal at Fulham (my 23rd b’day), a last minute goal v Bolton and some of his performances during the run to Istanbul (he was outstanding v Deportivo and Leverkusen). 

He was pretty good in spells and specific games.  I think there was one against deportivo in 2004/5 when Gerrard was out and he absolutely ran the show.  I think long term he wasn’t really good enough to be a centre mid and just got shunted into positions which made him look worse than he was.

7 minutes ago, The Guest said:

He was pretty good in spells and specific games.  I think there was one against deportivo in 2004/5 when Gerrard was out and he absolutely ran the show.  I think long term he wasn’t really good enough to be a centre mid and just got shunted into positions which made him look worse than he was.

Yep, that’s the game I referenced. Leverkusen at home, he was brilliant as well. 

Pretty sure he he started at least one of the Juventus matches and he definitely started the second leg v Chelsea.

If Igor can be part of a Champions League winning squad, so can Nat Phillips. 

35 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Yep, that’s the game I referenced. Leverkusen at home, he was brilliant as well. 

Pretty sure he he started at least one of the Juventus matches and he definitely started the second leg v Chelsea.

If Igor can be part of a Champions League winning squad, so can Nat Phillips. 

Yes he played the away Juventus game - a midfield of Antonio Nunez, Igor Biscan, Xabi Alonso and John Arne Riise. Quite the rum bunch! 

52 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

After that Gerard started playing him on the right and then the left and you could tell he was never mobile enough to play in either of those roles which in turn led to a loss of confidence 

1 minute ago, Rushies tash said:

Dixon tying himself in knots trying to spot any contact at all on Sterling. Why can't they just call it for what it is?

Because only dirty , cheating foreigners fall over like big squealing girlies when they are touched by an opponent  

Watching England is like watching paint dry, age, discolour, fade, peel and crack, fall from the wall exposing the plaster beneath, then, when the plaster blows, watch it crumble to dust, to unimaginably, microscopically tiny grains of dust - one of which Sterling trips over.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Tj hooker said:

If Salah gets a penalty for that then he's definitely getting called out on it , soft as fuck but enough for Dixon to tie himself in knots over it 

I remember a few weeks back Mane went over and the BBC website said “to be fair it is windy” today Sterling goes over which even Waddle calls a dive and the same BBC “it looked a pen as soon as Sterling went down” 

6 minutes ago, Stickman said:

I remember a few weeks back Mane went over and the BBC website said “to be fair it is windy” today Sterling goes over which even Waddle calls a dive and the same BBC “it looked a pen as soon as Sterling went down” 

The double standards is truly outstanding