You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football - 2020/21

WhiskeyJar

The thought of our rag tag group of misfit centre backs possibly having to face Haaland in the next round gives me anxiety.

I really hope he doesn't sign for the mancs.

Or if he does we need to make a statement by signing Mbappe. 

7 minutes ago, Josef Svejk said:

Barca want Haaland as their new president's statement signing. Unfortunately, his ugliness makes him a better fit for the Manchester clubs... 

I don't think Haaland wants La Liga.  

He's built for the PL, it's just a matter of who. 

He's not actually a good fit for Man City's style, makes me wonder if Pep might see him as potentially a problem by being the big star who wants everything through him. 

He seems like more of a for for United, with Solskjaer having managed him previously, and their direct style. 

1 minute ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

I don't think Haaland wants La Liga.  

He's built for the PL, it's just a matter of who. 

He's not actually a good fit for Man City's style, makes me wonder if Pep might see him as potentially a problem by being the big star who wants everything through him. 

He seems like more of a for for United, with Solskjaer having managed him previously, and their direct style. 

I take your point. But I think he'd do just fine anywhere. And also think Barca need to redefine themselves.

Still think he'll end up elsewhere in England, unfortunately. I've been preparing for this eventuality by learning to hate him and his inbred face... 

• Upvote 1

I can't see Pep wanting Haaland. His technique is Welsh Premier League levels, his touch and passing is not befitting of the the CL. His scoring rate is ridiculous but I can't see Pep going down that route. He looks a Man Utd certainty to me.

39 minutes ago, Aventus said:

The thought of our rag tag group of misfit centre backs possibly having to face Haaland in the next round gives me anxiety.

Or if he does we need to make a statement by signing Mbappe

Don’t do it to yourself mate.

No chance. 

7 minutes ago, No2 said:

I can't see Pep wanting Haaland. His technique is Welsh Premier League levels, his touch and passing is not befitting of the the CL. His scoring rate is ridiculous but I can't see Pep going down that route. He looks a Man Utd certainty to me.

You are being a bit harsh on his technique, he's a much much better player than he gets credit for.

I agree about United though. With Cavani essentially announcing that he is leaving in the summer, I can see United breaking the bank to get Haaland. If they literally only signed him, he could turn them in to title winners even with Ole in charge. The one thing I wonder about was that its alleged that he turned United down to go to Dortmund, I wonder what the reason for that was?

1 minute ago, MegadriveMan said:

You are being a bit harsh on his technique, he's a much much better player than he gets credit for.

I agree about United though. With Cavani essentially announcing that he is leaving in the summer, I can see United breaking the bank to get Haaland. If they literally only signed him, he could turn them in to title winners even with Ole in charge. The one thing I wonder about was that its alleged that he turned United down to go to Dortmund, I wonder what the reason for that was?

It sounds like he has his career mapped out, thats why he went to Dortmund, doesn't he have a release clause at a certain point? He will demand another one from Utd and then move to Madrid when he's 26. I think he's shit and will dry up spectacularly.

2 hours ago, Aventus said:

Or if he does we need to make a statement by signing Mbappe. 

We can't afford Mbapper. He wants like 700k a week.

14 hours ago, No2 said:

It sounds like he has his career mapped out, thats why he went to Dortmund, doesn't he have a release clause at a certain point? He will demand another one from Utd and then move to Madrid when he's 26. I think he's shit and will dry up spectacularly.

I think you are talking some of the absolute worst gibberish ever spoken on here, thats absolutely clueless. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Let him go to united we will get Sarr there's potentially a profit to be made on that lad we can use that profit to buy more players with the potential for profit before you know it we've got a good little business going.

Edward's masterclass teaches Manchester United transfer lesson.

Echo headline sometime in the next two years.

Haaland clearly isn't shit. The only thing that will stop him becoming a truly great player would be a serious injury.

Some people doubted his mentality and personality when they saw him stropping in the game against us and the fact that he scored a lot in the Austrian league. 

He's gone to a big club in a better league, worked hard and hasn't stopped scoring against all types of opponents so he's not a flat track bully. I would love him to play for us.

15 hours ago, No2 said:

Nonsense. 

Hes an incredible player and ill be gutted if he comes to the premier league - as theres no chance he signs for us.

See the clubs twitter just put up the goals from the Real game in 09

fuck we were special that week

4-0 Real and then 4-1 away at the mancs with Dossena putting the icing on the cake twice

Just thinking how good a combined team would be 

--------------------------Alisson

Trent-----------Matip---------VVD----Robbo

----------------Mascherano--Xabi

Salah----------------Gerrard-------Mane

-------------------------Torres

1 hour ago, Lee909 said:

See the clubs twitter just put up the goals from the Real game in 09

fuck we were special that week

4-0 Real and then 4-1 away at the mancs with Dossena putting the icing on the cake twice

Just thinking how good a combined team would be 

--------------------------Alisson

Trent-----------Matip---------VVD----Robbo

----------------Mascherano--Xabi

Salah----------------Gerrard-------Mane

-------------------------Torres

Masch has no business being near the combined team. A very good defensive midfielder but an extremely limited footballer.