You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football - 2020/21

WhiskeyJar

24 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Sometimes I look at Man United and at how many goals they score just on sheer individual quality and I think, if they could hire a single decent manager, they'd win the league. 

Think they are 2-3 players short but they have a proper squad. Having said that, they will spend this summer so who knows. Still City and us (yeah I know) along with Chelsea will be better, though I think our squad is by far the poorest of the four even if our starting eleven is the best on paper.

Ole will get the start of next season and not long until they are getting to 10 years and counting without a title...that is when the pressure cranks up as we know.

I dont know why Man Utd fans whinge about the Glazers. It only seems to happen when they have a bad run of form.

Yes they have put the club into debt and the Goblin is a shit manager but they always let their managers spend megabucks and have had the ambition to get Van Gaal and Mourinho. 

Arsenal fans moan about Kroenke but they spent £72m on a player while they were in the Europa league and haven't qualified for the CL for 3 years. 

40 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Sometimes I look at Man United and at how many goals they score just on sheer individual quality and I think, if they could hire a single decent manager, they'd win the league. 

True. They’ve been buying good and expensive players for a number of years now, and it’s unbelievable how little they get out of them. Reason is simple of course, there is no plan in place as to where and how those players will fit in, not before they get them and not after.

If they get a really good manager in, after 2-3 transfer windows of small adjustments to the squad and quality work in training they’d be massively improved. 

Yeah, it’s just beyond fucking infuriating. Any manc hits the floor and it’s just assumed “ah well, it’s soft but there you go, penalty.”

Whereas if Salah goes down there it’s forensic analysis of the direction of the fucking wind to make absolutely sure that he was knifed and therefore, reluctantly, we’ll have to not award the penalty.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, dandyman said:

Couldn’t bare to watch any footy today, not just cos of yesterday, the whole thing is just shit atm.

Now just seen that the man a hit yet another pen.

but the question is, was it really a pen or another gift from PGMOL

Here you go. I've seen worse decisions but this wasn't checked by VAR at all, and not even an eyebrow raised by the commentary team, it's just a collective shrug. They cheat week after week and it's just brushed under the carpet, we get fuck all week after week but the second somebody tries to exaggerate to make a point in desperation, it's full on "SALAH IS A DIVER".

In fact, we get that regardless of whether he does it or not.

It's just full on English Football Narrative now:

• Salah is a diver and the evil cunt will hit the deck at the slightest gust of wind
  • Fernandes is a breath of fresh air and a classic United player
  • Rashford is a saint
  • Raheem is a saint
  • Harvey Barnes is a saint
  • Jack Grealish has a bit of theatrics to him but my word, what a player

And so on. And I think the referees aren't immune to this just being absorbed subconsciously which makes certain contacts get looked at more closely, and others given a lot more face value.

• Upvote 6

56 minutes ago, Manny said:

Yeah, it’s just beyond fucking infuriating. Any manc hits the floor and it’s just assumed “ah well, it’s soft but there you go, penalty.”

Whereas if Salah goes down there it’s forensic analysis of the direction of the fucking wind to make absolutely sure that he was knifed and therefore, reluctantly, we’ll have to not award the penalty.

Coupled with Carragher calling him a diver live on telly to millions of cunt fans.

1 minute ago, Halcyon Days said:

Coupled with Carragher calling him a diver live on telly to millions of cunt fans.

Carragher would never say that about a City or United player.

Carragher is obviously a big fan of Liverpool, but his evident annoyance when we are playing badly coupled with his desire to be seen as neutral means he is nauseating. He needs to learn off Souness or Gary Neville who clearly love their clubs but can be reasonable about things. Even Rio Ferdinand has been fair about us in recent weeks.

Carragher's punditry bullying of Kabak yesterday was a disgrace. The lad was poor and right now I have big question marks about him, but Carra almost seemed to go out of his way to have a go. Seemed like a gobby bully really. Carragher turned out to be a very good defender, but he had plenty of flaws to his game himself. 

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Manny said:

Here you go. I've seen worse decisions but this wasn't checked by VAR at all, and not even an eyebrow raised by the commentary team, it's just a collective shrug. They cheat week after week and it's just brushed under the carpet, we get fuck all week after week but the second somebody tries to exaggerate to make a point in desperation, it's full on "SALAH IS A DIVER".

In fact, we get that regardless of whether he does it or not.

It's just full on English Football Narrative now:

• Salah is a diver and the evil cunt will hit the deck at the slightest gust of wind
  • Fernandes is a breath of fresh air and a classic United player
  • Rashford is a saint
  • Raheem is a saint
  • Harvey Barnes is a saint
  • Jack Grealish has a bit of theatrics to him but my word, what a player

And so on. And I think the referees aren't immune to this just being absorbed subconsciously which makes certain contacts get looked at more closely, and others given a lot more face value.

The bbc live text commentary for last nights game said it was very windy every time Mane or Salah hit the deck. 

2 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Carragher is obviously a big fan of Liverpool, but his evident annoyance when we are playing badly coupled with his desire to be seen as neutral means he is nauseating. He needs to learn off Souness or Gary Neville who clearly love their clubs but can be reasonable about things. Even Rio Ferdinand has been fair about us in recent weeks.

Carragher's punditry bullying of Kabak yesterday was a disgrace. The lad was poor and right now I have big question marks about him, but Carra almost seemed to go out of his way to have a go. Seemed like a gobby bully really. Carragher turned out to be a very good defender, but he had plenty of flaws to his game himself. 

He needs to tone the negative LFC shit down now, it’s doing him no favours when it comes to his status. Personally I disliked the fella during the H&G fiasco when it took Rafa and some of the Spanish lads (Pepe Reina you fucking legend) to call them out and get the fans onboard to fight for the club’s existence urging them to fuck off and sell. Local lads yes Stevie as well where quiet as mice didn’t really want to get involved....anyway i digress and understand Jamie probably means a lot more to the younger lads on here.

• Upvote 1

I know we aren’t great at the minute and football is pretty grim but I kind of liked this stat....

Man City are absolutely unstoppable, right?
Man United are BACK & looking strong, right?

So let's see how the current table would be looking with last season's 'overrated' champions Liverpool thrown in... 1. Liverpool - 73

2. Man City - 59

3. Man United - 49

25 minutes ago, Stickman said:

I know we aren’t great at the minute and football is pretty grim but I kind of liked this stat....

Man City are absolutely unstoppable, right?
Man United are BACK & looking strong, right?

So let's see how the current table would be looking with last season's 'overrated' champions Liverpool thrown in... 1. Liverpool - 73

2. Man City - 59

3. Man United - 49

This shite about 'worst ever' title defence is pissing me off as well.

When you've won the league by one of the biggest margins ever, missing the record number of points by 1 and the season is not yet over, seems premature to be going on about 'worst' title defences.

16 hours ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

He's pretty much the least likeable  pundit on telly, and that's without mentioning the spitting episode. He's also being up as clueless by Neville (!) on most discussions not involving Pogba. He was incredibly lucky to reach the number of games he did for us, and would have been absolutely ridiculed by supporters had he tried to play with the high line we're currently employing.

Brede Hangeland (former Fulham defender and Man Utd supporter) is one of the more knowledgeable pundits on telly over here.. He described the LFC CB position as the hardest position to play in football. No wonder a 20-year old with limited pace and a 25-year old Championship defender will struggle with it.

There's an argument that we should change our playing style until VVd/Gomez/Matip are back. That will turn everything we've worked with for the last 4 years on its head though. I think personally we need to accept that results will continue to be up and down, and concentrate our efforts on the CL where there's something resembling a level playing field, and where we will meet opponents that play a style that suits our own better. Better not draw Atletio though...

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, lebron said:

He's pretty much the least likeable  pundit on telly, and that's without mentioning the spitting episode. He's also being up as clueless by Neville (!) on most discussions not involving Pogba. He was incredibly lucky to reach the number of games he did for us, and would have been absolutely ridiculed by supporters had he tried to play with the high line we're currently employing.

Brede Hangeland (former Fulham defender and Man Utd supporter) is one of the more knowledgeable pundits on telly over here.. He described the LFC CB position as the hardest position to play in football. No wonder a 20-year old with limited pace and a 25-year old Championship defender will struggle with it.

There's an argument that we should change our playing style until VVd/Gomez/Matip are back. That will turn everything we've worked with for the last 4 years on its head though. I think personally we need to accept that results will continue to be up and down, and concentrate our efforts on the CL where there's something resembling a level playing field, and where we will meet opponents that play a style that suits our own better. Better not draw Atletio though...

Agree with that. Interesting what Hangerland said. Makes sense.

I agree about drawing Athletico. Would be a horrible draw.

22 hours ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

I don’t think either Carragher or Neville should co-comment on their teams. 
Neville annoys me when doing the Manc games.

As for the derby we were fucking shite and deservedly lost im really not sure what some of our fans want -

have carragher say we were good ? 

Kabak was piss poor kid or not.

It’s a sink or swim time for him to get the club to shell out a decent wedge for him this summer and the fact is he needs to do much more imo.

I’ve seen a lot on social media from our fans saying there sick of carragher.

im more concerned and sick of the pure shite we’re serving up recently rather than who’s commenting on the matches.