You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football - 2020/21

WhiskeyJar

7 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

City are unbelievably good

They’ll win at least 8 out of 10 titles for the foreseeable future - won’t be long until they’re on over 20 and the focus of the Premier League in the same way as their neighbours. I dread to think what will happen when they win the CL - I think many more will follow very quickly.

Of course, how they got there will be glossed over entirely; they’ll have earned it all more organically than any other club. The cognitive dissonance among press and public alike is something else.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, TheDrowningMan said:

They’ll win at least 8 out of 10 titles for the foreseeable future - won’t be long until they’re on over 20 titles and the focus of the Premier League in the same way as their neighbours. I dread to think what will happen when they win the CL - I think many more will follow very quickly.

Of course, how they got there will be glossed over entirely; they’ll have earned it all more organically than any other club. The cognitive dissonance among press and public alike is something else.

I don’t know how you can say they will win titles for years, that’s daft, football changes very quickly, if this season has taught us anything it’s taught us that.

2 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

I don’t know how you can say they will win titles for years, that’s daft, football changes very quickly, if this season has taught us anything it’s taught us that.

If they keep investing as they have, it won’t ever stop beyond the occasional off-year. They’ve now won five of the last ten titles and had pretty unremarkable managers for the first two. Our situation is very, very different - they’ll never have an injury crisis because where one elite player ends another one begins.

3 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

They'll have won 5 of the past 10 by the end of this season. Another 2/10 won by the other oligarch owned cunts. Id say that this season has just highlighted why it'll be impossible to dislodge these cheating twats from the top.

6 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

They’ll win at least 8 out of 10 titles for the foreseeable future - won’t be long until they’re on over 20 and the focus of the Premier League in the same way as their neighbours. I dread to think what will happen when they win the CL - I think many more will follow very quickly.

I hope that cognitive dissonance changes once they start counting the trophies from here and abroad in the double digits.

Baldy twat will still be winning titles from a cryogenic chamber in the year 2070, MOTD and the footballing public will love it.

9 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

I’m sure other investors will come along and other clubs will become a threat, once Guardiola wins the CL he’ll fuck off. Ten years is a long, long time.

Here's to hoping, but looking at the City sportswashing project they have going on around the world I fear they're in this for the long haul, and wirh City being their crown jewel they'll sink as much blood money into their little project as is required.

9 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

I’m sure other investors will come along and other clubs will become a threat, once Guardiola wins the CL he’ll fuck off. Ten years is a long, long time.

Didn't we all think that of Abramovic? Cunt's  still there, and how much did they send last summer?

14 minutes ago, Herp McDerp said:

They'll have won 5 of the past 10 by the end of this season. Another 2/10 won by the other oligarch owned cunts. Id say that this season has just highlighted why it'll be impossible to dislodge these cheating twats from the top.

Quite likely that by the end of this season, they'll have 8 out of the last 12 domestic trophies. And the media in this country don't seem to think that's an issue. The same media have massively downplayed the gargantuan effort it took last year (which was the culmination of four years of hard work by everyone to the club)  to dislodge those cheating twats.

11 minutes ago, DaveT said:

Quite likely that by the end of this season, they'll have 8 out of the last 12 domestic trophies. And the media in this country don't seem to think that's an issue. The same media have massively downplayed the gargantuan effort it took last year (which was the culmination of four years of hard work by everyone to the club)  to dislodge those cheating twats.

Just wait, another decade or so of it and a handful of the morons who could, at this point, still make a difference in the court of public opinion will start to ruminate on whether or not their indefinite dominance is the best thing for the game and whether, perhaps, something should have been done in the 2010s-20s. By then, however, City will be so entrenched and have people biased towards their cause working at every level so it’ll just be ignored. 

Eventually, far too late, people will get sick of it without realising why and FIFA will end up a bigger spectator event than live football. Naturally, City’s eSports venture will sign up all the best players and win all the titles.