You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football - 2020/21

WhiskeyJar

2 hours ago, Grinch said:

Wonder what team that acts like a big club will Haaland be at next year.  Far too good for the shite bundesliga for sure. 

Chelsea probably. 

Doesn't he have a 70m release clause that can be activated in 2022? 

I think that opens the possibility of us getting him, we should have a bit of change left over after we get M'Bappe

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Code said:

Can you imagine?

I still have no idea how and exactly when Matip got a season ending injury. 

I actually doubt it was an actual season ender.

4 months for that type of injury seems very extreme.

More a case of the straw that broke the camels back with his accumulation of injuries and club deciding he may be out again for 8 weeks, but guessing he'd probably come back and just have something else in no time.

So give him a clear period all way through to pre season to recover from this and all his other issues - then work on being ready for next season.

Personally i think its a waste of time and he should just be bin bagged.

Very good player, but an absolute waste of a squad place because he is so unreliable, especially given he plays in a position we have chosen to go very light in on terms of numbers.

2 hours ago, an tha said:

Personally i think its a waste of time and he should just be bin bagged.

Very good player, but an absolute waste of a squad place because he is so unreliable, especially given he plays in a position we have chosen to go very light in on terms of numbers.

Strongly agree

3 hours ago, an tha said:

More a case of the straw that broke the camels back with his accumulation of injuries and club deciding he may be out again for 8 weeks, but guessing he'd probably come back and just have something else in no time.

So give him a clear period all way through to pre season to recover from this and all his other issues - then work on being ready for next season.

Exactly the wrong way to handle Matip - should play anytime he is available because he won't be a couple of weeks later.

4 English clubs playing tonight in Europe and 5 posts in this thread. That for me sums where I'm at with Covid football, its shit. Even our own matches are a grind half the time, the idea of watching someone else is a fucking nightmare ( bar Leeds, I love watching them). If you offered me a 4th place finish and we end the season right now and start again in August I'd take the hand off you.

• Upvote 2

https://socceronsunday.com/article/mbappe-its-my-dream-to-play-for-west-ham/

Kylian Mbappé has set West Ham fans’ hearts aflutter by insisting that his lifelong dream is to play for the London club. The Frenchman’s East End-born grandfather was a season ticket holder for decades at the Boleyn Ground.

“Wonderful player,” David Moyes told Soccer on Sunday. “It’s just whether Kylian fits the profile for what we’re building here. On paper he doesn’t, so I’d have to say ‘no’ if he was offered to me. Maybe if the lad works on tracking back, defending corners, slide-tackling — those kinds of things. But at the moment it’s a hard ‘no’.”

“I’m not singling Kylian out,” said the Scot. “It’s a ‘no’ to Messi too, and the boy Ronaldo. There’s more to football than goals and assists. Can these players charge down a shot with their face, only to take the rebound in their testicles and still have the presence of mind to break quickly?”

“I dare say they can’t,” added Moyes. “So again, it’s a ‘no’ unfortunately.”

Screenshot_20210220-085931_Facebook.jpg