You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football - 2020/21

WhiskeyJar

34 minutes ago, an tha said:

I know city are an excellent side and keep ball like no other team....they seem to always have loads of time, rarely give it away and just grind teams down in a relentless manner.

But fuck me to not even win a corner at home....

worringly they look like they got their mojo back its going to take a monumental effort to climb above them next season i wonder if we still got it in us to go again

14 minutes ago, bizzle10 said:

worringly they look like they got their mojo back its going to take a monumental effort to climb above them next season i wonder if we still got it in us to go again

One lesson learned after following football for a few decades. Next season wont necessarily be a repeat of the current one. Applies to City as well.

2 hours ago, The Guest said:

You then get cunts like these and United who clearly train their players to actually dive.

How to dive convincingly, how to initiate contact, tactical fouling in a defensive sense, how to make an opponent's foul look worse by feigning injury, etc. The growth of this type of shit - as you say, trained deliberately - is really bringing the game down for me. 

1 hour ago, LFC 6 Times said:

But but he’ll stop Mane and Salah from scoring. What a load of shite.

This is some straw man bullshit.  We won the champions league and then followed it up with the league winning a ridiculous number of games and sealing it earlier than anyone has.  People quite rightfully were saying we’ve had the best attacking trio in world football for a number of years and sides couldn’t handle it.  Despite Firmino not being brilliant it was still working a treat.  Why the fucking hell would you want to mess with that?

Things have moved on since then and Firmino is now putting out stinkers more often than not and we are no longer beating everybody in sight.  I’m sure if you said to most fans would you want to replace Firmino with Haaland a lot of fans would be up for it.

7 minutes ago, The Guest said:

This is some straw man bullshit.  We won the champions league and then followed it up with the league winning a ridiculous number of games and sealing it earlier than anyone has.  People quite rightfully were saying we’ve had the best attacking trio in world football for a number of years and sides couldn’t handle it.  Despite Firmino not being brilliant it was still working a treat.  Why the fucking hell would you want to mess with that?

Things have moved on since then and Firmino is now putting out stinkers more often than not and we are no longer beating everybody in sight.  I’m sure if you said to most fans would you want to replace Firmino with Haaland a lot of fans would be up for it.

Sorry, I think you've misinterpreted my sarcasm. The idea that a player who is poor the vast majority of games and offers no genuine threat to a defence and constantly makes the wrong decision in the final third is critical to us, is just simply wrong. 

Haaland would be an absolute superstar here, the fella is absolute, his finishing is a joke how clinical is, he's lightning quick and his movement and desire to get goals is just remarkable. There's no way our goals for the column would not dramatically increase with him replacing Bobby.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1