You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football - 2020/21

WhiskeyJar

6 minutes ago, mike23 said:

You couldn't make it up, but there's actually a thread on Redcafe where they're moaning about United being hard done by with refereeing decisions this season.

Fucking hell. Fernandes could two foot tackle someone in the head and he'd be given the free kick the cunt should have at least 4 reds and 15 yellows this season.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Baltar said:

Leeds getting spanked by Arsenal. Another hopeless team we made to look like world beaters this season.

Bit harsh on Leeds. They just look like a very inconsistent team to me. They've looked really good in some matches and dreadful in others. Our game against them at the start of the season would be pretty low down on performances to be unhappy about this season.

19 minutes ago, mike23 said:

You couldn't make it up, but there's actually a thread on Redcafe where they're moaning about United being hard done by with refereeing decisions this season.

Glad Klopp went public recently with his comments on them getting so many pens. Funnily enough they’ve not been getting as many since.

the one they got against villa a few weeks ago still blows my mind how it was given to them.

15 minutes ago, Marko121 said:

The big headed cunt said as much after their game. Fucking unbelievable 

Didn't see the interview. He wasn't actually moaning about the penalty not being given was he? I don't agree with VAR getting involved to overturn it for the foul as I suppose you could just about say there was enough there to justify the ref's on pitch decision (although as usual it was so soft that no one other than United would have got it), but more importantly it was just obviously offside and everything else should have been irrelevant after that. Absolutely incredible that the officials didn't seem to check the offside. Did they just forget about it like with the Pickford incident? Can they seriously not check more than one thing at any one time? Right decision somehow reached but for all the wrong reasons. The thread on Redcafe just gave me a much needed laugh. They'd be in the bottom half without all the help they've had from officials this year. 

Arsenal are the bestest team in the whole wide World.

Well at least until they get bummed senseless next week by Man City.

I never thought it would be possible for Utd to be given a penalty and for it to then be overturned. Bloody amazing given their recent history of penalties and officiating of their games.

1 minute ago, Mark M said:

Glad Klopp went public recently with his comments on them getting so many pens. Funnily enough they’ve not been getting as many since.

the one they got against villa a few weeks ago still blows my mind how it was given to them.

Yeah they're all moaning about how they've had nothing since Klopp's comments. More like they've finally had a few matches that were refereed fairly. It's why I think Klopp needs to keep now just bringing up dodgy calls going against us in every press conference. Put the spotlight on the officials. Maybe eventually there will be proper scrutiny of their decisions in our games if they decide to carry on like they have with us all season.

12 minutes ago, mike23 said:

Didn't see the interview. He wasn't actually moaning about the penalty not being given was he? I don't agree with VAR getting involved to overturn it for the foul as I suppose you could just about say there was enough there to justify the ref's on pitch decision (although as usual it was so soft that no one other than United would have got it), but more importantly it was just obviously offside and everything else should have been irrelevant after that. Absolutely incredible that the officials didn't seem to check the offside. Did they just forget about it like with the Pickford incident? Can they seriously not check more than one thing at any one time? Right decision somehow reached but for all the wrong reasons. The thread on Redcafe just gave me a much needed laugh. They'd been in the bottom half without all the help they've had from officials this year. 

Yep, the old " i felt contact and went down " angle.  The offside wasn't even mentioned by him or the interviewer.  Threw in that they are not getting decisions - So they will definitely get the next few 

Just turned this on. First thing I see is Ayling with a theatrical dive when under pressure (no obvious contact) from Aubameyang, gets a free kick. Seconds later Xhaka flops to the floor under no contact whatsoever and gets a foul. It’s just unwatchable. I turned it off at that point. Football’s fucked.

5 minutes ago, Halcyon Days said:

It’s laughable how bad this league is, funny that’s all we heard last season now not a peep.

It is a joke, who knew the team with the massive squad use to playing without noise would be good. We played 75% of our games with crowds and the league was basically won ‘ asterisk’

1 hour ago, mike23 said:

Yeah they're all moaning about how they've had nothing since Klopp's comments. More like they've finally had a few matches that were refereed fairly. It's why I think Klopp needs to keep now just bringing up dodgy calls going against us in every press conference. Put the spotlight on the officials. Maybe eventually there will be proper scrutiny of their decisions in our games if they decide to carry on like they have with us all season.

They used to have a manager who did exactly the same but he was called a master of mind games.

1 minute ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

It is a joke, who knew the team with the massive squad use to playing without noise would be good. We played 75% of our games with crowds and the league was basically won ‘ asterisk’

Yep and our fans felt the need to buy into it to nullify the noise. This whole football bantz culture, tribalism or whatever the fuck it is nowadays is truly tragic. Spouted by wind up merchants for follows, clicks and advertising income.

Yeah fuck City if we can’t compete let them dominate. Going by the noise last season this is what the public want anyway so it’d be quite funny watching them destroy the English footballs landscape and dynamic.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Haha, is that fucking slabhead Maguire really cry arsing on tv that united arent getting the decisions since Jurgen called them out?

Jurgen, we love you. Crack on fella.

Fucking hell the sheer brass neck on those manc bastards after all the dodgy decisions they've had not just this season but for a few seasons.