You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football - 2020/21

WhiskeyJar

28 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

chelsea fans are cunts. Always have been. They're just more entitled priks since the russian bought them. They used to get 12 and 15 thousand in that shit hole in the old Division One days.

Utter cunts without that russian crook they are West ham

10 minutes ago, an tha said:

It is 2018 again.

They are totally dominant.

Yeah, the boot stamping on a human face forever springs to mind. There’ll be the odd challenge to them here and there - but they’ll be impossible to stop more years than not.

Guardiola is all smiles and magnanimity now that the deck is rigged again and he’s free from challengers. 

6 minutes ago, Manny said:

Yeah, the boot stamping on a human face forever springs to mind. There’ll be the odd challenge to them here and there - but they’ll be impossible to stop more years than not.

Guardiola is all smiles and magnanimity now that the deck is rigged again and he’s free from challengers. 

Yeah the baldy twat

15 minutes ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

True. I wonder if many City fans wrote him off at some stage. Probably did, I know he would’ve been on here if he’d had the same track record the last few seasons.

They did. Thought he was shite. Now he's cured of his injury problems and has a 1 in 2 goal record from midfield. 

59 minutes ago, Anubis said:

The reason the rest of the country don’t like Liverpool (the city and its inhabitants) is that we will stand together for the most part, answer back and not just take being shafted up the arse. They may whine a bit in private, but ultimately take whatever shafting they get. Then they see us stick up for ourselves and they are envious, so hit out at us. Just look at the stick we got from Chelsea fans for taking a banner to support Justice For Grenfell. They should have been joining in with us and singing in support of people killed or devastated by a local tragedy, but instead they were having a go at us.

Problem is we’ve never had a media or political presence so the city’s fair game for the usual shithole TV centres to project their own failings in crime, deprivation etc on to us. The last 40 years of image stereotyping that’s created is hard to shake off and seemingly passed on through the generations! Unfortunately our City has leaders who you wouldn’t trust to run a bath so it’s impossible to combat like Glasgow successfully did.

59 minutes ago, Anubis said:

The reason the rest of the country don’t like Liverpool (the city and its inhabitants) is that we will stand together for the most part, answer back and not just take being shafted up the arse. They may whine a bit in private, but ultimately take whatever shafting they get. Then they see us stick up for ourselves and they are envious, so hit out at us. Just look at the stick we got from Chelsea fans for taking a banner to support Justice For Grenfell. They should have been joining in with us and singing in support of people killed or devastated by a local tragedy, but instead they were having a go at us.

Problem is we’ve never had a media or political presence so the city’s fair game for the usual shithole TV centres to project their own failings in crime, deprivation etc on to us. The last 40 years of image stereotyping that’s created is hard to shake off and seemingly passed on through the generations! Unfortunately our City has leaders who you wouldn’t trust to run a bath so it’s impossible to combat like Glasgow successfully did.

2 hours ago, Manny said:

I’ll be shocked if they’re not on 21 titles 20 years from now. Given the amount they’re allowed to spend, City not winning the title will become a once or twice a decade event.

3 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

I’ll be shocked if they’re not on 21 titles 20 years from now. Given the amount they’re allowed to spend, City not winning the title will become a once or twice a decade event.

Am I alone in thinking Chelsea and Man City's trophies mean absolutely nothing? 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Josef Svejk said:

I’d argue that finishing second by 20 points to one of the oil clubs is a far greater achievement than their record breaking victory, but most of the footballing world does nothing but swoon about their glorious football and puts it down to nothing but incredible management and, you know, doing things the right way.  

10 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

I’d argue that finishing second by 20 points to one of the oil clubs is a far greater achievement than their record breaking victory, but most of the footballing world does nothing but swoon about their glorious football and puts it down to nothing but incredible management and, you know, doing things the right way.  

Fuck that, when fans are back in the ground we'll rip them a new arsehole. 

3 hours ago, Josef Svejk said:

I couldn't give two shits if City win something once we're no longer in contention for it. Chelsea are a different beast, I'd begrudge that lot winning an egg and spoon race.

As for it meaning absolutely nothing, that just comes across as a coping mechanism to me, City will have won 5 of the past 10 titles by the end of this season, Chelsea will have 2. Last time I checked there weren't any asterisks in the record books which denote titles won by oil clubs.