You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football - 2020/21

WhiskeyJar

I hate saying it but you have to hand it to them, after a pretty mediocre start they have put together the kind of winning run that them or us had been doing in the previous 3 seasons.

A decisive burst of just winning and winning week after week.

Bastards

Just for once I'd like to see a journalist have the guts to say to that gravel-gargling cunt: "So, you've been bummed by Manchester City fifteen times in a row. How much are Abu Dhabi paying you?"

If nothing else, it would be interesting to see if he could turn a deeper shade of purple. 

4 minutes ago, an tha said:

I hate saying it but you have to hand it to them, after a pretty mediocre start they have put together the kind of winning run that them or us had been doing in the previous 3 seasons.

Bastards

Early goals to which kills most teams from the off. They seems to score in the first 5 minutes every game.

Just now, manwiththestick said:

Early goals to which kills most teams from the off. They seems to score in the first 5 minutes every game.

Been their trademark for years.

I remember the season we missed out narrowly to them it was a running joke on whatsapp group was in about them scoring in first 5 mins.

16 minutes ago, magicrat said:

I don't see us catching these tbh.  These dross sides think they have lost before they kick a ball 

7 points behind isn't a huge gap to close, all it takes is a few draws and it's closed if we do our own job...City will defo be dropping points once they start playing the sides that aren't in the relegation zone....or a Burnley.

• Downvote 2

11 minutes ago, an tha said:

Bastards

The problem with this City team is missing someone like De Bruyne, who is their best player, makes absolutely no difference to their results. They have so many creative players to compensate that they barely need him. They now also have so many centre backs that anybody getting injured there also means practically nothing.

Their only real achilles heel in the squad is they only have two strikers and they have to do the false 9 thing if Aguero and Jesus are unavailable. But even then, they can get away with doing that most games.

Fair play to City. They are a very good side.

Having said that they have had a nice run of games against teams that suit them. We have had a lot of tough games but have dropped stupid points in our "easy" ones. You can't blame the likes of Burnley or West Brom for us dropping the ball and silly points along the way. I actually think if Jota was fit, we would have about 5 more points but what's done is done.

If we beat them and it's 4, like fuck is it over. 7 isn't insurmountable either even if Carra will be squaking like a hyena that it is if it ends in a draw.

I would like them to play the blueshite away soon though. Everton away with them having dreams of top 4 is much harder than playing them at the end of April when that dream is busted and if they are in a title race with us. 

27 minutes ago, magicrat said:

I don't see us catching these tbh.  These dross sides think they have lost before they kick a ball 

It would take something remarkable. I’m not at all convinced that winning 16 of the last 17 would be enough given that, Anfield aside, the closest they have to a tough away game is Leicester.