Quantcast
Other football - 2020/21 - Page 413 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
WhiskeyJar

Other football - 2020/21

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

10 points behind City already, I have some beachfront property in Stoke to sell to anyone who thinks City will drop 10 points between now and the end of the season. 

We're 7 behind you thick fuck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Drinking in last chance saloon now I’m afraid! Highly unlikely we’ll retain our title now dropping 7 pts behind city at the half way point. If we go into city game no worse off than now and win then we’re still in with a shout but that will require probably 4 wins on the the trot which we haven’t done all season. It’s over isn’t it?..............

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

10 points behind City already, I have some beachfront property in Stoke to sell to anyone who thinks City will drop 10 points between now and the end of the season. 

The title shouldn’t even be a consideration, it’s gone and the hope is that City hold off their Red neighbours and we sneak into fourth ahead of Everton, Tottenham, West Ham, Chelsea and Villa, tough as that will be. Inserting us into the race for the league title requires the sort of delusional, ridiculous thinking that we mock Evertonians for.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:


The sheer number of teams around us is going to make it very, very hard. I suspect that we’ll need to put a 10 game winning run together almost immediately to be likely candidates for fourth, something that is improbable at best given FSG’s abject failure to invest at the most crucial time. Forget the Manchester clubs, we can essentially consider Leicester out of sight in third if they win tomorrow and we fall at Spurs.

Bollocks If we win ten on the bounce we’ll be in the running for the title! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Baltar said:

It's just ridiculous. It's not that City are that great, it's because WBA are so shit. Yet this atrocious team got a draw at Anfield and could have even won. Mind boggling.

It is part of what makes our recent form/results all the more bewildering/frustrating.

 

We have somehow managed to fail to beat (or even look like beating) a WBA side who have let in about 25 goals since.

 

Failed to beat a Newcastle team who have lost all 5 since holding us.

 

Lost to an injury ravaged Southampton team who look likely to tonight lose their 2nd game in  league on bounce since beating us.

 

Lost to an abysmal Burnley.

 

Add in failure to beat Fulham or Brighton and it really paints a picture of our decline this season that is not just a 'blip' or a downturn in form, but is actually the stuff of a real crisis.

 

Even with problems we have, these results should simply not be happening - an odd one or two like them OK, it happens, happens to lots of top sides, but these results especially when looking at what else the sides who we have got them against have done recently, and the sheer number of them is so far below what is acceptable and what even with our current problems we should be managing it is almost laughable.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Strontium Dog™ said:

 

I've already factored in our defeat to Spurs on Wednesday and City winning their game in hand you dimwit.

I know you have you thats why I call you a thick fuck. There is a stink of I told you so all over this place, delighted to behind so they can get on  with their favorite hobby of bashing the owners. Supporting the club and wanting them to win is a distant second to being right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, No2 said:

I know you have you thats why I call you a thick fuck. There is a stink of I told you so all over this place, delighted to behind so they can get on  with their favorite hobby of bashing the owners. Supporting the club and wanting them to win is a distant second to being right.

 

Okay, so when you called me a thick fuck, what you meant was you disagreed with the scenario I posited that will occur imminently. 

 

I support the club, not the parasite custodians. I'll still be supporting Liverpool long after these shysters have crawled back to wherever they came from. Unless you work for FSG I'm not really sure why you're being so hostile. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, No2 said:

I know you have you thats why I call you a thick fuck. There is a stink of I told you so all over this place, delighted to behind so they can get on  with their favorite hobby of bashing the owners. Supporting the club and wanting them to win is a distant second to being right.

There's as much solidarity and support for the fight on this site as there was with the Nottingham NUM in the 80s. Sad twats the lot of them.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, an tha said:

I wish they'd try and match our pts tally instead

Ha! That would be nice. Cheer up though. We’re gonna pummel Maureen’s lot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

10 points behind City already, I have some beachfront property in Stoke to sell to anyone who thinks City will drop 10 points between now and the end of the season. 

They could drop 25 and we wouldn't finish above them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, devilsadvocate said:

Drinking in last chance saloon now I’m afraid! Highly unlikely we’ll retain our title now dropping 7 pts behind city at the half way point. If we go into city game no worse off than now and win then we’re still in with a shout but that will require probably 4 wins on the the trot which we haven’t done all season. It’s over isn’t it?..............

No not really, there's going to be all kinds unexpected results this season, obviously City will have to falter which they will at some stage plus us getting a few wins on the bounce which could well happen  so it'll be a quite a few games yet before I concede. 

I think we'll be OK at Spurs now that some improvement has been made as such. 

Imagine doing the Pools every week in this season there's virtually no fixture you could say was a banker. 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, No2 said:

I know you have you thats why I call you a thick fuck. There is a stink of I told you so all over this place, delighted to behind so they can get on  with their favorite hobby of bashing the owners. Supporting the club and wanting them to win is a distant second to being right.

I happily bashed the owners when we were winning everything. I can separate the owners from supporting the team. You appear unable to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

No not really, there's going to be all kinds unexpected results this season, obviously City will have to falter which they will at some stage plus us getting a few wins on the bounce which could well happen  so it'll be a quite a few games yet before I concede. 

I think we'll be OK at Spurs now that some improvement has been made as such. 

Imagine doing the Pools every week in this season there's virtually no fixture you could say was a banker. 

 

 

Arsenal have as much chance of catching City as we do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking at those offsides City are getting lately and Utd pretty much only having refs whose family members have got Old Trafford season tickets then it's nailed on the PL have decided it's a Manc dogfight for the title 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Stickman said:

Looking at those offsides City are getting lately and Utd pretty much only having refs whose family members have got Old Trafford season tickets then it's nailed on the PL have decided it's. Manc dogfight for the title 

 

Yup, its a fuckin disgwace is what it is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Herp McDerp said:

 

Arsenal have as much chance if catching City as we do.

Your probably right, i was being silly, hang on though what if? Nah Klopp said about playing for 4th spot, which was rather gloomy, so I'll go with whatever he says, you can only hope for a favourable outcome. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

 

Okay, so when you called me a thick fuck, what you meant was you disagreed with the scenario I posited that will occur imminently. 

 

I support the club, not the parasite custodians. I'll still be supporting Liverpool long after these shysters have crawled back to wherever they came from. Unless you work for FSG I'm not really sure why you're being so hostile. 

I called you a thick fuck because you were first in line nothing personal. I'm sick of reading all this defeatist shit, the players deserve more than that, the manager deserves more than that. Its embarrassing, you can want a defender signed, hate the owners and support the team at the same time. Its fucking miserable right now but the gloating by our own fans is unbearable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, No2 said:

I called you a thick fuck because you were first in line nothing personal. I'm sick of reading all this defeatist shit, the players deserve more than that, the manager deserves more than that. Its embarrassing, you can want a defender signed, hate the owners and support the team at the same time. Its fucking miserable right now but the gloating by our own fans is unbearable. 

I totally agree with you re: deserved respect. I’ll be the first to admit that we may not retain the title, but when we consider the run of key injuries - regardless of how the owners have reacted - and with a lot of season left in front of us, it’s hard not to imagine that we will be riding the top three right to the end. After witnessing our narrow loss to Utd - and it was a narrow loss - and to see some of our incisive play back on display, I say, particularly if we beat Spurs, the confidence boost together with returns of some players over the coming weeks, will restore belief and lost points. 90% of what the manager and owners have put in place is still in place.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Two tough games coming up but if we win them, it's going to put the shits up the teams in front of us.

 

United will wallop Sheffield tomorrow but could drop points at Arsenal. City have us and Spurs in the coming weeks.

 

If we can be a few points off top with a lot of tough games done even factoring maybe beating City, I think it's a good place to be. So many teams with something real to play for means all teams will drop points. If we were to take 28 points from 30, we are not going to be far off top with a lovely looking final few games.

 

City have generally always been great against the likes of West Brom. Let's see how they do against us and Spurs. 

 

They are not City of two years ago especially without De Bruyne. Having said that, they are a very good team. The Mancs are doing a good version of us in 2013/2014 without a Luis Suarez but balanced off with a much better defence and squad than we had. I'd love to see them cope with the kind of adversity we had this season and they have an almighty hard run in with plenty of places they could drop points.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Morale at rock bottom. Yet, don't forget we're exactly half way into the season. You'll are scribbling on here like we've five/ six games to go. Theoretically, anything could happen with 19 games left, anybody can with this shit. Like someone above said, the next two/three games are crucial. If only we could gain some momentum soon, we'll be up there before we know it. Come on you Reds!

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×