Quantcast
Other football - 2020/21 - Page 405 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
WhiskeyJar

Other football - 2020/21

Recommended Posts

They way I see it, the 'deliberate play' was brought in for times when defenders deliberately play it back to the keeper, not this.

 

Happened a couple of seasons ago when we played spurs. Through ball flicked off Lovren on its way through to an offside Kane, who then threw himself over Karius for the penalty. In no way was Lovren's touch an intentional play, but then, they like to make it up as they go along.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rushies tash said:

They way I see it, the 'deliberate play' was brought in for times when defenders deliberately play it back to the keeper, not this.

 

Happened a couple of seasons ago when we played spurs. Through ball flicked off Lovren on its way through to an offside Kane, who then threw himself over Karius for the penalty. In no way was Lovren's touch an intentional play, but then, they like to make it up as they go along.

That was Fat Jon Moss as well wasn't it?

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been saying this for a couple of years now but Football was absolutely fine the way it was a few years ago (on the park). They have truly fucked it messing about with the offside rule, the handball rule & now this VAR bollocks.

 

Another bugbear of mine is the new kick off, that needs fucked off as well.

 

Regardless of all that, the title is City's to lose now & I can see them walking it unfortunately.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They actually changed the rules to say if the player goes for the ball when he’s offside then he’s off.  He doesn’t have to touch it any more.  That cunt literally runs straight for the ball.  Mings even takes his eyes off the ball for a second to see where he is which probably plays a part in his miscontrol.  The mental gymnastics they go through to justify this nonsense is laughable.  The problem is that I reckon about 90% of refs give the offside there.  It takes one fat knobhead to not give it and then it sets the precedent because the rules aren’t clear to stop nonsense like that happening.  That’s now the rule going forward because the knobhead referees come out and defend it.  Had they given offside and been asked to explain it then they’d be saying that was the right call instead.  It’s genuinely game ruining and should be getting called out straight away.  You’ve then got McManaman and the other knobheads in the studio agreeing with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, No2 said:

Has there ever been a worse decision than that? 

Didnt they give Spurs a goal at Anfield when Kane was offside at the moment the ball was kicked but because Degsy tried to clear it, said Kane way played onside? So the defender is expected to gamble on shit refs and \ or VAR giving offside after the ball's in the net and not go for the ball?

 

The officials cant have it both ways that they expect defenders to play to the whistle when linos keep the flag down for offside but then say if the defender has 'tried to play the ball' that nullifies any offside.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mook said:

I've been saying this for a couple of years now but Football was absolutely fine the way it was a few years ago (on the park). They have truly fucked it messing about with the offside rule, the handball rule & now this VAR bollocks.

 

Another bugbear of mine is the new kick off, that needs fucked off as well.

 

Regardless of all that, the title is City's to lose now & I can see them walking it unfortunately.

With VAR on their side that would seem to be a possibility. Meanwhile, Lookman scores for Fulham. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Didnt they give Spurs a goal at Anfield when Kane was offside at the moment the ball was kicked but because Degsy tried to clear it, said Kane way played onside? So the defender is expected to gamble on shit refs and \ or VAR giving offside after the ball's in the net and not go for the ball?

 

The officials cant have it both ways that they expect defenders to play to the whistle when linos keep the flag down for offside but then say if the defender has 'tried to play the ball' that nullifies any offside.

I think they did mate. Well, according to the post 4 above yours anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, torahboy said:

With VAR on their side that would seem to be a possibility. Meanwhile, Lookman scores for Fulham. 

VAR will dig the mancs out of trouble if needed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Think I'm pretty much done now with footy to be honest. This is the worst season in living memory.

 

The games gone.

 

Even though United are losing its just pissed me off because we couldn't do anything like that against them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MegadriveMan said:

 

Even though United are losing its just pissed me off because we couldn't do anything like that against them. 

They were never that high up the pitch to be fair.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Mook said:

I've been saying this for a couple of years now but Football was absolutely fine the way it was a few years ago (on the park). They have truly fucked it messing about with the offside rule, the handball rule & now this VAR bollocks.

 

Another bugbear of mine is the new kick off, that needs fucked off as well.

 

Regardless of all that, the title is City's to lose now & I can see them walking it unfortunately.

Yep, City will piss this league

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems it's a double jeopardy for defenders now, isnt it? Heads the striker wins, tails the defender loses.

 

With linos being told not to flag offsides and let VAR decide, even for players miles offside, a defender is fucked if he goes for the ball and gets a touch putting the offside player onside or, just let's the ball go and risk an attacking player who IS onside nip past the defenders and plant the ball in the net.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Mark M said:

Dean was right to go mad at the ref. Shocking - the ref and whoever was doing VAR should be made answer how they decided that wasn’t offside 

Don't worry, in 5 months time they'll admit they got it wrong. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, skend04 said:

It's just not worth watching football now. Their incompetence and cheating is off the scale. Fuck it, I'm beyond caring about this season. Wake me up when it's over.

Same here to be honest mate. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, The Guest said:

They actually changed the rules to say if the player goes for the ball when he’s offside then he’s off.  He doesn’t have to touch it any more.  That cunt literally runs straight for the ball.  Mings even takes his eyes off the ball for a second to see where he is which probably plays a part in his miscontrol.  The mental gymnastics they go through to justify this nonsense is laughable.  The problem is that I reckon about 90% of refs give the offside there.  It takes one fat knobhead to not give it and then it sets the precedent because the rules aren’t clear to stop nonsense like that happening.  That’s now the rule going forward because the knobhead referees come out and defend it.  Had they given offside and been asked to explain it then they’d be saying that was the right call instead.  It’s genuinely game ruining and should be getting called out straight away.  You’ve then got McManaman and the other knobheads in the studio agreeing with it.

Doubt you'll see this rule practised in any high profile games for a while. I think this is the first time I've seen it used this way since the Lovren/Kane incident, and I watch a LOT of footie...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really couldn't give a fuck anymore. I've seen us win the league again, become champions of europe and thr way football is now has turned me right off it. 

 

You no longer get that moment of joy when scoring a goal as you know they are looking for Nything to scrub it off. Handball and offside is a complete shambles. 

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Available Subscriptions

  • Last Match Report

  • Latest Posts

    • But @Denny Crane the governing model of Liverpool hasn't changed since the club's founding has it?  The club has always been owned by a variety of rich people and governed by a board made up of these rich people.  In the past there have been different majority shareholders, right now it's FSG.   I think there would have been an outside chance of majority fan ownership at the price that Moores sold at - plus he might have been persuaded into it rather than looking to maximise his cash out - but it would have needed to be managed by the club itself and not competing supporters groups.  Unfortunately at the time the club board and Parry had no vision whatsoever, and couldn't even keep the season ticket waiting list on a computer.  Never mind being able to organise a membership scheme.    The only way we're getting a different ownership model now is if the club goes bust or you have a time machine.
    • Nice to see Timmy Cahill in the back there 
    • I thought a new corporate structure was required but here he walks through the steps.                                                   
    • Usual Twatter rumours that Jota is injured as wasn’t pictured in training and could be out for Utd game too....Sad thing is they’re usually true
    • Lee, Labour have had a bit on football ownership in their election manifestos for around a decade. The focus has been on good governance and supporters trusts to get stakes in football clubs. The sound argument put forward has long been that football is incapable of regulating itself. It needs people whose sole aim isn't growth to have an influence or veto. This is why we are where we are today. A sport with Oligarchs, Hedge Fund owners and Sheikhs dictating the terms of how football evolves.     
  • Latest Round Up

  • Popular Contributors

  • top casino sites
  • new UK casino
×