Quantcast
Other football - 2020/21 - Page 400 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
WhiskeyJar

Other football - 2020/21

Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Adama Traore is fucking shite.

 

And people still want him here, convinced Klopp will somehow give him a brain and some skill.

 

He would be a cracking addition if we were running a 4 x 100 metre relay team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Talk of Nunos the Wolves manager's agents looking for a new club for him? Could be the next Newcastle or Leeds manager, maybe?

He needs to worry about his current job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rodgers and Leicester motoring along again. Considering they've lost 5 times already, they've done well to climb to 2nd place. Helps them that they have only 2 draws though. 

 

Would be great if we dont add to our 6 draws tomorrow. 3 points, nice and easy please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have said before, Nuno is now stuck in Benitez 09/10 territory. Shades of Torres' injuries in Jimenez, and it leaving Wolves without a recognised striker which upsets the balance of a carefully-wrought team who are now struggling to get ahead against dross. He's clearly a top manager but that ship is starting to leak.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Alex_K said:

Have said before, Nuno is now stuck in Benitez 09/10 territory. Shades of Torres' injuries in Jimenez, and it leaving Wolves without a recognised striker which upsets the balance of a carefully-wrought team who are now struggling to get ahead against dross. He's clearly a top manager but that ship is starting to leak.

Has that kind of look about it, I feel sorry for him, he seems like a really sound bloke and he's got some really talented young players that just need time. Neto looks class and the left back  Ait Nori looks to have bags of potential.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, that was announced on Friday. As a result, there'll be a huge price to pay for Villa to arrange postponed fixtures into a congested schedule. As it stands, Most teams this weekend will have played their 18th or 19th game, while Villa lag behind with only 15 played, which is a ridiculous disparity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Chocoholic said:

Yeah, that was announced on Friday. As a result, there'll be a huge price to pay for Villa to arrange postponed fixtures into a congested schedule. As it stands, Most teams this weekend will have played their 18th or 19th game, while Villa lag behind with only 15 played, which is a ridiculous disparity.

They have already arranged one for next weekend. Villa aren't in Europe  so they can just play the rest on the Champions League mid week spaces. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

They have already arranged one for next weekend. Villa aren't in Europe  so they can just play the rest on the Champions League mid week spaces. 

UEFA insist on no top flight league games in countries during Champions League weeks. Not sure if they've made an exception to this due to covid so if not, The PL wouldnt be allowed to re schedule games during the same week CL games were played.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, No2 said:

Has that kind of look about it, I feel sorry for him, he seems like a really sound bloke and he's got some really talented young players that just need time. Neto looks class and the left back  Ait Nori looks to have bags of potential.

Likewise. He's given that club a sophisticated footballing identity that took them to ET in the EL Quarters (losing to eventual winners) & made them competitive against every side in the league with very little squad depth -- incl. being able to push teams likes ourselves & City back without compromising on their own style of play. They've lost a lot from the outfield though by injuries (Jonny, Jimenez), sales (Jota, Doherty) & age (Moutinho) so they're in a difficult position. Still brought through some new talent this season as you say.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With the way the tables shaping up, we need to regain our form and start winning more games as it's not inconceivable we'll finish outside the top 4.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dockers_strike said:

Rangers drop 2 points but go 21 points in front at the top.

Yep whats fucking annoying is Celtic have dropped 4 points by drawing 2 games at home since that cunt Dubai trip and 13 players having to isolate. With 3 games in hand (assuming they are won) that lead could be 7 points. Lennon  should be fired out of a fucking cannon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×