Quantcast
Other football - 2020/21 - Page 384 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
WhiskeyJar

Other football - 2020/21

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Joey Barton sacked by Fleetwood. lasted a lot longer than I expected he would. 

That's one in the eye for him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Joey Barton sacked by Fleetwood. lasted a lot longer than I expected he would. 

 

Fleetwood Sack.

  • Upvote 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

Joey Barton sacked by Fleetwood. lasted a lot longer than I expected he would. 

Think he has done well there and putting all of the other issues to one side , on football efforts alone he seems unlucky. Got them to division one play offs last season and they are mid division and unbeaten in 4 games over Xmas , that's Fleetwood Town. As a general rule I do wonder what some of these lower league chairmen actually expect.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Think he has done well there and putting all of the other issues to one side , on football efforts alone he seems unlucky. Got them to division one play offs last season and they are mid division and unbeaten in 4 games over Xmas , that's Fleetwood Town. As a general rule I do wonder what some of these lower league chairmen actually expect.

 

Saw something last week that he had dropped Ched Evans for making a joke about his methods in-front of the squad. Knowing Barton he's probably started offering all the players out and lost the dressing room. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Saw something last week that he had dropped Ched Evans for making a joke about his methods in-front of the squad. Knowing Barton he's probably started offering all the players out and lost the dressing room. 

Ha ha, Ched Evans criticising anybody, one for the 'shitness' thread. I know the Daniel Farke thing is still rumbling on and not due in court for another 6 months or so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

Not confirmed, just rumours

No it's definitely true. He's been told to 'Go Your Own Way'.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

Saw something last week that he had dropped Ched Evans for making a joke about his methods in-front of the squad. Knowing Barton he's probably started offering all the players out and lost the dressing room. 

Ched Evans is one occasion when I’d forgive Barton resorting to violence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Joey Barton sacked by Fleetwood. lasted a lot longer than I expected he would. 

They were 10th weren’t they? Seems a bit hysterical.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Barton reportedly fell out with a number of the squad because he wouldn't pick them. Players only love you when they're playing.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watching the official world Cup 1970 film. Fans trying to rip the knickers off Brazil players at the end, scenes. 

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, No2 said:

Watching the official world Cup 1970 film. Fans trying to rip the knickers off Brazil players at the end, scenes. 

Was that the women's 1970 World Cup Final?!

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Wigan Athletic takeover has collapsed. 

 

For the majority of Wigan fans and the staff there, it's awful news.

 

In some quarters, Wigan fans believe Whelan sold them down the river when he sold out to the Chinese consortium. He was and still is an old cunt anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Preston Red said:

The Wigan Athletic takeover has collapsed. 

 

For the majority of Wigan fans and the staff there, it's awful news.

 

In some quarters, Wigan fans believe Whelan sold them down the river when he sold out to the Chinese consortium. He was and still is an old cunt anyway.

Yeah but he broke his leg in a cup final once 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even with the need for distraction in the middle of a global pandemic I’m not sure I could bring myself to watch Spurs and Brentford. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, halewood pete said:

RIP Colin Bell.

Sad news, another great passing. Saw this fella a number of times as a couple of mates were city fans and during the late 60s and early 70's we used to go to a couple of games together. They used to call him Njinsky after a race horse I think because he could run all day. RIP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×