You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football - 2020/21

WhiskeyJar

Just now, skaro said:

They may not be, but until they're out of it, I'm not writing teams off.

Fair enough. Yes, the others are a threat. But I dont see this city have to fit 2 games into a crowded schedule being any hinderance to them with the squad they have. If they get their customary easy draws in the FA Cup, they can play a 3rd team and most likely than not win those games.

21 minutes ago, Supremolad said:

He's making no damn sense.

The outbreak was their fault. Yeah and so, that means the Premier League should have allowed the game to go ahead vs Everton when they were not sure at that point if more players had been infected or not. So let's compromise more players on both sides just because some Liverpool fans would be angry at City getting a "few days extra of rest". Forgetting we did fuck all with our own 8 day period of rest.

And also ignoring the fact that games had been cancelled before and after  which didnt involve City. And I certainly didn't see all this cryarsing when those other cancellations took place.

This is beside the point. The PL rules stipulate that matches should proceed unless a team is unable to field 11 players plus 3 substitutes. City have offered no evidence that the quantum of positive tests (and close contacts of those infected) was anywhere near the scale that would need meet this threshold given their massive, expensively assembled squad. It is entirely reasonable (as Everton did) to request this evidence and take a dim view of their behaviour until it is provided. 

19 minutes ago, No2 said:

Man City had a game called off 4 hours before kick off because they weren't in control of close contacts or pretended they weren't. There are rules in place for this that should be followed. Ireland lost half a team for 2 separate games earlier this season by following the protocols. They're a dodgy club with at least 2 players that have repeatedly broken lockdown rules, they don't deserve the benefit of the doubt and I won't be giving it to them. The truth here is they had 8 positive tests, if they followed the protocols they probably would have ended up with half the squad isolating so instead went for the confusion route.

Its worth noting before the Everton game only 1 match was postponed and that was flagged well in advance and called a couple of days before.  What had happened since is irrelevant as once City got the clearance to skip a game it became a free for all.

That City are dodgy is undisputed.

If they have somehow manufactured this game off against Everton, what should be done?

Or, is it a case of (as appears usual), them just having enough money to avoid scrutiny/sanction/trouble?

They've flown under the radar this season, but it appears that now they're up our arses on the table... they're the dodgiest team around again.

They are cunts, without question.

The bigger cunts, surely, like in the case of VAR and all other things, are the FA for condoning the football shitshow.

29 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Fair enough. Yes, the others are a threat. But I dont see this city have to fit 2 games into a crowded schedule being any hinderance to them with the squad they have. If they get their customary easy draws in the FA Cup, they can play a 3rd team and most likely than not win those games.

That's the old chestnut of their having "two teams".  Nothing new.

And that's also why I don't see their having a game off against Everton as being that big a deal, football-wise at least.

It might be as likely as not that, had the game gone ahead, City might be a point behind us now.

Who knows, their having to try to make up that 3 points later in the season might be a blessing in disguise.

4 minutes ago, skaro said:

That City are dodgy is undisputed.

If they have somehow manufactured this game off against Everton, what should be done?

Or, is it a case of (as appears usual), them just having enough money to avoid scrutiny/sanction/trouble?

They've flown under the radar this season, but it appears that now they're up our arses on the table... they're the dodgiest team around again.

They are cunts, without question.

The bigger cunts, surely, like in the case of VAR and all other things, are the FA for condoning the football shitshow.

Nothing can or will be done, getting a medical professional to say there is a risk to health is a piece of piss. Once the PL signed off they opened a can of worms that every scummy owner in the league will look to take advantage off just like they did last season.

20 minutes ago, AlissonsBeard said:

This is beside the point. The PL rules stipulate that matches should proceed unless a team is unable to field 11 players plus 3 substitutes. City have offered no evidence that the quantum of positive tests (and close contacts of those infected) was anywhere near the scale that would need meet this threshold given their massive, expensively assembled squad. It is entirely reasonable (as Everton did) to request this evidence and take a dim view of their behaviour until it is provided. 

So you mean to tell me the Premier League signed off on postponing the game without sufficient evidence? I would love to see the evidence of this. Genuinely.

What I read was the fact that a decison was taken to postpone the game because they were not sure how many more players had been infected or not. So the next round of testing was very crucial to provide confirmation. And those results then came back negative for all their other players and staff, which allowed training ro resume.

And also, to what end is all of this? So City were so scared of the mighty Everton, they preferred to cry off that game only to get ready for the Chelsea game a couple days later? Sounds bonkers to me. Considering they would still have to fit in those 2 extra PL games somewhere in an already congested calendar. 

Citeh are going to win every league game until we play them in February. 

If we’d have beaten Brighton, Fulham, WBA and Newcastle, we’d be coasting this. 

Instead, we’re going to win all our games in January to ensure we are still ahead of them come February. 

Southampton A, the mancs H, Burnley H, Spurs A, West Ham A and Brighton H is a seriously more daunting task than the below...

609ABEE0-FEE3-4F6B-AC06-E5F2233CAA63.png

What I would say about us is, a bit of pressure normally brings out the best in the fucking mentality monsters. 

1 minute ago, Supremolad said:

And also, to what end is all of this? So City were so scared of the mighty Everton, they preferred to cry off that game only to get ready for the Chelsea game a couple days later? Sounds bonkers to me. Considering they would still have to fit in those 2 extra PL games somewhere in an already congested calendar. 

Which with their huge squad is not a problem, just like playing Everton a few days ago wouldn't have necessarily been.

3 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Citeh are going to win every league game until we play them in February. 

If we’d have beaten Brighton, Fulham, WBA and Newcastle, we’d be coasting this. 

Instead, we’re going to win all our games in January to ensure we are still ahead of them come February. 

Southampton A, the mancs H, Burnley H, Spurs A, West Ham A and Brighton H is a seriously more daunting task than the below...

609ABEE0-FEE3-4F6B-AC06-E5F2233CAA63.png

1 hour ago, 3 Stacks said:

You're the one talking shite. Shakhtar beat Real Madrid when they had like 10 cases earlier this season. City were done a huge favour here, there's no doubt about it. It's not about safety, it's about accountability. 

So were Fulham but no one gives a shit about them, so I wasn't gonna mention them, was I. And also Everton weren't exactly happy about the cancelation either, did you read their statement? Probably because they knew it was fucking bullshit.

Ok, I'll agree to give City credit for masterminding a couple days extra rest, to avoid playing the Mighty Ev.

Scott Parker and the Fulham team should surely get top marks for getting their games called off too. Their game vs Spurs was also called off less than 4 hours to go and Mourinho wasn't happy with it. That one was also surely a conspiracy, judging from your very strong argument here. Thanks for leading me to the light and the truth which was out there.

• Downvote 1

Just now, Supremolad said:

Ok, I'll agree to give City credit for masterminding a couple days extra rest, to avoid playing the Mighty Ev.

Scott Parker and the Fulham team should surely get top marks for getting their games called off too. Their game vs Spurs was also called off less than 4 hours to go and Mourinho wasn't happy with it. That one was also surely a conspiracy, judging from your very strong argument here. Thanks for leading me to the light and the truth which was out there.

No one uttered the word "conspiracy", you tool. Stop pretending you're more objective than the rest because you can't figure out why City getting a game canceled in the middle of a busy period in the season is an advantage.

1 hour ago, 3 Stacks said:

You're the one talking shite. Shakhtar beat Real Madrid when they had like 10 cases earlier this season. City were done a huge favour here, there's no doubt about it. It's not about safety, it's about accountability. 

I reckon it actually is more about safety than accountability.

The accountability bird has flown, as regards City, a long time ago.

1 minute ago, 3 Stacks said:

No one uttered the word "conspiracy", you tool. Stop pretending you're more objective than the rest because you can't figure out why City getting a game canceled in the middle of a busy period in the season is an advantage.

Nothing screams "conspiracy nutjob" louder than someone like you raging and negging away when flaws have been pointed out in his tin-foil hat logic.

Keep it up lad.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Supremolad said:

Yep, it was a rest period which is helping 6 of their other players get extended time off under the guise of an infectious disease.

And Scott Parker pulling the same trick to get his own players extended rest shows how daft the Premier League is.

3 minutes ago, Supremolad said:

Nothing screams "conspiracy nutjob" louder than someone like you raging and negging away when flaws have been pointed out in his tin-foil hat logic.

Keep it up lad.

You posted this earlier. Your opinion seems to have changed within an hour. In short, shut up. You don't know what the fuck you're talking about. 

26 minutes ago, Chocoholic said:

Fwank bringing up Klopp's first season again to compare his own situation. Hahahahahaha. 

Just saw a table of points per game under Abramovic and he's in 12th place of 12, with 1.67 ppg with Ancelotti at the top with over 2ppg

Fwank is circling the drain, I don't see them sacking him just yet but he'd better get most of the points in their next four games (Fulham, Leicester, Wolves and Burnley) or he won't be there for the 5th game against Spurs. 

24 minutes ago, Supremolad said:

So you mean to tell me the Premier League signed off on postponing the game without sufficient evidence? I would love to see the evidence of this. Genuinely.

What I read was the fact that a decison was taken to postpone the game because they were not sure how many more players had been infected or not. So the next round of testing was very crucial to provide confirmation. And those results then came back negative for all their other players and staff, which allowed training ro resume.

"Not knowing how many other players are infected" is pure obfuscation. There are clear protocols for teams to monitor and isolate close contacts of infected players. If City were following these protocols, it would have been straight forward for them to confirm the number of absent players and whether this met the threshold for postponement. If they were not following the protocols, they should be fined and forfeit the points. 

As for the supposed evidence, their opponents were apparently not provided with it so it's reasonable enquire whether it exists at all. 

• Upvote 1