You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football - 2020/21

WhiskeyJar

Short of a letter in the Times confirming it's going on, these images are just two blatant examples of the horrific refereeing decisions being made. In the days before VAR, it may have been excusable to not spot these in real time, but the fact that VAR is doubling down on these, with countless replays and angles to choose from, is a damning indictment of the state of current match officiating.

5 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Wilder will be lucky to get a gig at youth level after this.

Gene Wilder could do better - eze dead.

Billy Wilder could do better, and he's dead even longer than Gene.

However, Eze playing, not dead. He even scored.

42 minutes ago, Chocoholic said:

Short of a letter in the Times confirming it's going on, these images are just two blatant examples of the horrific refereeing decisions being made. In the days before VAR, it may have been excusable to not spot these in real time, but the fact that VAR is doubling down on these, with countless replays and angles to choose from, is a damning indictment of the state of current match officiating.

Call me paranoid, but im convinced the Premier league officials are deliberately giving utd a helping hand with decisions. 

I don't know whether they where pissed of that the league wasn't competitive last year or whether financially they need utd to be battling for the title. Because its as plain as the nose on your face that they get more decisions in their favour than any other team this season. 

My best mate is a villa fan and he's always giving me shit about my "paranoid delusions" but even he text me last night saying, "I think you're right" 

Spawny fucking two bit cunts. I hope we absolutely pummel them in two weeks

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

How is he still in the job? 2 points all season and he's still clinging on. 

Maybe they wanted to make a change before the January transfer window but the usual 'firefighters' from the LMA merry-go-round of mediocrity were not available. Fat Sam wouldn't go near it. Alehouse Pulis has just been sacked by Sheffield Wednesday. 'Sparky' isn't interesting enough for them. 'Pards' might have considered the gig in the days of the Leadmill and Gatecrasher, but not now. 'Beachball Head' is still at Newcastle.

Spending over £40m on Ramsdale and Brewster hasn't proved to be a wise investment. Ramsdale was kept busy playing behind a porous Bournemouth defence last year. Brewster had hardly any first-team experience (and zero goals) when they paid over £20m for him. Berge was a good signing last January, but I'd expect he will be moving on in the summer. He would suit a side like Southampton who look to use the ball much more than a team like Sheffield United.

Bloody hell, I've not seen or heard of Earthworm Jim for absolutely ages. He may be available, but is he interested? He's not even been on pundit duty for who knows how long to keep himself in the public eye, and 'relevant', if that's even the right word.

4 hours ago, magicrat said:

Nor do I buy into some organised conspiracy to hand Utd the title. Do you honestly think the FA could get away with some covert plan to pressurise officials at all levels to favour the Mancs without at least one person blowing the whistle. Until I see some credible evidence that is happening it gets filed in the Donald Trump election fraud column.   

Very nicely put

2 hours ago, Creator Supreme said:

Been over for a while mate, that just confirmed it!

Cunts!

I thought as much but 10 minutes in when it could easily have been 3 nil Celtic my dad said if we pump these they will bottle it. 

Only one team bottled it today and it wasn't that other shower. Lennon has to go now, get a new man in who can work his philosophy into the side for next year. Gerrard wont be there next season. 

That sending off has wound me up more and more as the day's gone on. They offered fuck all. 

39 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

Call me paranoid, but im convinced the Premier league officials are deliberately giving utd a helping hand with decisions. 

I don't know whether they where pissed of that the league wasn't competitive last year or whether financially they need utd to be battling for the title. Because its as plain as the nose on your face that they get more decisions in their favour than any other team this season. 

My best mate is a villa fan and he's always giving me shit about my "paranoid delusions" but even he text me last night saying, "I think you're right" 

They definitely get more than against them. Once strength they have for the modern game is that they have a team of snides. I mean they always had a few, but their current team has plenty. The slightest touch and they hit the deck and the chorus are singing. Meanwhile, Sadio is taken out in the closing stages against Newcastle and barely raises his hands for the appeal. The rest of the team did fuck all as well appealing. In the modern game and I hate myself for saying this, you have to be appealing everything.

I kind of feel in as much as we had 4 points taken from us, we have thrown away multiple points with some poor performances. On the other side, we have delivered some excellent performances this season and that despite missing a lot of players. Let's go for the final 22 games and get as close to the remaining 66 points as possible.

They needed a deflection against Wolves and they were fortunate to beat Villa. The Leicester game could have gone either way. They are in great form and have turned some great results even with some dodgy displays. Their Southampton 3-2 away result summed up their spirit in fairness.

They don't scare me like City of two years ago though where you could never really see them dropping points. They will drop a good few and if they lose Fernandes for a spell, it could unravel for them. 

1 minute ago, 3 Stacks said:

He's an ex player and the supporters love him already, as a result. It could be a fine choice. More chance to work than Emery or Tuchel. 

If by that you mean win the CL I do not agree. He really cannot win anymore than the other two if he doesn't deliver that.

1 minute ago, TheHowieLama said:

If by that you mean win the CL I do not agree. He really cannot win anymore than the other two if he doesn't deliver that.

You're right about that, but he'll have more sympathy and time and to try. Emery and Tuchel were dead in the water very quickly and no one really believed in them. Pochettino has more assets in his corner. 

2 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

You're right about that, but he'll have more sympathy and time and to try. Emery and Tuchel were dead in the water very quickly and no one really believed in them. Pochettino has more assets in his corner. 

It is a completely different club to anything Pochettino played for or has operated in as a manager.

They are expected to win the treble every year and they do -- what is patience and sympathy for? The CL?

He is not winning that, especially with the core he has now - every single good player at that club wants to be playing somewhere else.

1 hour ago, chrisbonnie said:

They have mastered the art of going down under contact. The slightest chance and they go down and they make it look realistic enough to be given.

• Upvote 1