You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football - 2020/21

WhiskeyJar

6 minutes ago, Grinch said:

They've had one more penalty than us this season in the league. 

One. 

Indeed

1 Leicester City Leicester City 10
2 Manchester United Manchester United 6
3 FC Fulham Fulham FC 5
4 FC Chelsea Chelsea FC 5
5 Brighton & Hove Albion Brighton & Hove Albion 5
6 FC Liverpool Liverpool FC 5
7 Aston Villa Aston Villa 4
8 Newcastle United Newcastle United 4
9 Sheffield United Sheffield United 3
10 Manchester City Manchester City 3
11 FC Arsenal Arsenal FC 3
12 Crystal Palace Crystal Palace 2
13 FC Everton Everton FC 2
14 Leeds United Leeds United 2
15 FC Southampton Southampton FC 2
16 Tottenham Hotspur Tottenham Hotspur 2
17 Wolverhampton Wanderers Wolverhampton Wanderers 1

2 hours ago, skaro said:

It's just as well they are shite and are not going to win it.

Because - after we were denied a proper celebration last season - if they were to pop up and win it the very next season to go to 21, it would just about ruin it for me.

It really would.

It was only a matter of time before the Utd reaction to our resurgent brilliance. We shouldn’t be afraid of it. We’ve broken the Premier League jinx. No longer can they say ‘used to be famous’. We’ve actually once again, shown by example, what it means to be the best.

If United go the distance and win it, it will be because they either cheated and/or played out of their skins. However, on paper, we can throttle the little cunts.

12 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

They have 32 pens in the last two and a half seasons. That is a bizarre trend, no matter how objective you try to be. 

We win under the same circumstances as them yesterday the world and his dog would be up in arms. The narrative would be spun 360 degrees, we know this because it’s happened over and over again.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Halcyon Days said:

We win under the same circumstances as them yesterday the world and his dog would be up in arms. The narrative would be spun 360 degrees, we know this because it’s happened over and over again.

Can you image the shite talked on Match of the Day if that had been Salah. 

I don't give a fuck about Utd or can I be arsed about the media wank fest over their resurgence. They are only where they are because we can't beat shite in our games.  CB crisis or not the recent results are a reflection of our finishing not a result of shipping shed loads of goals . 

1 minute ago, magicrat said:

I don't give a fuck about Utd or can I be arsed about the media wank fest over their resurgence. They are only where they are because we can't beat shite in our games.  CB crisis or not the recent results are a reflection of our finishing not a result of shipping shed loads of goals . 

You won’t be saying that if we continue to lose points due to borderline corrupt VAR decisions.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Halcyon Days said:

You won’t be saying that if we continue to lose points due to borderline corrupt VAR decisions.

Nor do I buy into some organised conspiracy to hand Utd the title. Do you honestly think the FA could get away with some covert plan to pressurise officials at all levels to favour the Mancs without at least one person blowing the whistle. Until I see some credible evidence that is happening it gets filed in the Donald Trump election fraud column.   

There are quite a few Manc refs and Manc supporting refs whether they deny it or not. Forget the amount of pens and check the dodgy ones for them and the ones that don’t get given against. Fernandes is the new Scholes he can foul at will with no threat of dismissal, am I wrong upto now?

Doesn’t need to be anything but a few dodgy officials. But what do I know.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Not sure the difference in the penalty Spurs got here and the one Salah didn’t get at Villa at 1-0?

The leg that was kicked was outside even though most of his body was inside the box. What should happen there? The foul happened outside. How's that a pen? 

Apart from the fact that the “contact” on bergwijn’s left leg was about a foot outside the penalty area.

remember when the VAR was getting the microscope out for McBurnie and Fab.

David coote strikes again, he really isn’t fit to ref an u13’s game.

All VAR has done is show that refs aren’t that good at making considered decisions, there was less controversy whey just had to make quick decisions whilst the game was flowing, now there not capable of looking at all aspects of the incident 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

If Covid19 had a voice it would be Glenn Hoddle's

He's worse when he's on Spuds games. The cunt usually drones on unintelligibly in the background but if Tottingham are playing he suddenly gets a bit louder and spouts even more shite than usual . 

31 minutes ago, Halcyon Days said:

If we were doing our job properly and hammering the relegation fodder, as we should be, it’d be irrelevant.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, dandyman said:

Apart from the fact that the “contact” on bergwijn’s left leg was about a foot outside the penalty area.

remember when the VAR was getting the microscope out for McBurnie and Fab.

David coote strikes again, he really isn’t fit to ref an u13’s game.

All VAR has done is show that refs aren’t that good at making considered decisions, there was less controversy whey just had to make quick decisions whilst the game was flowing, now there not capable of looking at all aspects of the incident 

Nobody can be that bad. Coote is a cheat.

40 minutes ago, magicrat said:

Our centre halves problem is not just about whether we are shipping loads of goals or not though....it has a much wider impact on how we are playing - our ability to pen teams in, squeeze the game, play out, defend high - even our threat from corners.

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, an tha said:

Our centre halves problem is not just about whether we are shipping loads of goals or not though....it has a much wider impact on how we are playing - our ability to pen teams in, squeeze the game, play out, defend high - even our threat from corners.

Weve been playing in the oppositions half most of the games weve played. The biggest problem we have is our final ball and the link up play by our forwards.  We've scored 1 in 2 games. 

Jota is the biggest miss at the moment

• Upvote 1