You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football - 2020/21

WhiskeyJar

The fawning over fernandes is embarrassing.  He was absolutely crap again.  He gave the ball away constantly sometimes just passing it straight to the opposition in front of him.  To credit him with an assist for United’s goal is one thing but to actually try to make out this means he’s good or had a good game is mental.

14 minutes ago, The Guest said:

The fawning over fernandes is embarrassing.  He was absolutely crap again.  He gave the ball away constantly sometimes just passing it straight to the opposition in front of him.  To credit him with an assist for United’s goal is one thing but to actually try to make out this means he’s good or had a good game is mental.

He keeps producing. His stats are comparable to peak De Bruyne (14 goals + 9 Assists this season). He gives the ball away at times because he’s the only one trying to create...

1 hour ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

Hate to say I agree with every word in this post.

They’re key players are Fernandes and Rashford, who are both world class in my opinion. If Cavani can stay fit he’ll bring experience and mentality.

Their weakness is the tactics, I reckon they’re still more or less at the ‘let the lads go out and express themselves’ stage when it comes to the tactics. Which is why their players are better than their team. But individual brilliance, avoiding injuries to key players and a strange season overall could see them go far.

Was just thinking that tonight. The tactics are basically Fernandes being brilliant, Rashford and Greenwood with their pace and Cavani with his world class experience and ability to change a game. I mean you can see Nuno is a very good manager and he set up a tired and depleted Wolves well and they were unlucky not to get a point. If they had Jiminez, they could have won. United play Villa next and if Grealish was in the Wolves team tonight, I think they would have won so here's hoping they drop points in their next game. Those are the margins but I felt I saw one very tactically astute manager tonight and it certainly wasn't Ole. Ole never tried to change anything as the game slipped away. He is an absolute clown but the reality is that players like Fernandes, Cavani and Rashford can still do the business against 13-14 of the teams in the league, even with that chicken nugget at the wheel. On Fernandes, he is a real leader. He is their best midfielder since Keane. Different type of player obviously but absolute top class. It gives me no pleasure to say this, but a player a manager can build a team around. Yes, he was poor tonight but everytime he gets the ball, you get worried.

Regarding City, I actually think their spirit is much poorer than United. They could fold with one or two bad results. They don't have too many goals in them. Not disputing that they are a threat.

I just feel right now we are wildly inconsistent. Some brilliant performances mixed with some really poor ones and points dropped in places that are unforgiveable like West Brom at home or Fulham away. You could see the anger at the end of the game, just like it was there after Fulham, so I'm hoping that the lads turn it on Newcastle and Southampton.

Matip is a huge player for us and he is majestic with Fabinho. An absolutely gigantic loss for us over the next few months and when you look at our fixtures over the next 2 months, it's hard to see us not dropping quite a few points with so many huge players missing. Thiago and Jota could be gigantic in that period.

1 minute ago, TheHowieLama said:

West Brom boss Sam Allardyce says football needs a break after the Premier League returned its highest number of positive coronavirus results in a single round of tests this season.

Just started work and wants a break. 

In fairness, he did say "I'm 66 and a fat cunt, so at significant risk." 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

West Brom boss Sam Allardyce says football needs a break after the Premier League returned its highest number of positive coronavirus results in a single round of tests this season.

Well, he's got his memorable point for the season.

He's 26 as well. Coming up to his peak. 

Mind you, you would swear Ole picked him up from the Swedish second division. He was a 60 odd million player. They also make it sound like they took a punt on this unknown bloke called Edison Cavani - a world class player over the last ten years. 

Great player unfortunately. He's a snide bastard, but aside from Robbo, we lack that and sometimes you need a bit of it. 

I could see him as a galactico in a few years for a Real Madrid spending splurge. Well hopefully he is. 

10 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

All that football management malarkey is leaving him with very little time to do yards of gravy.

11 hours ago, aRdja said:

He keeps producing. His stats are comparable to peak De Bruyne (14 goals + 9 Assists this season). He gives the ball away at times because he’s the only one trying to create...

No he literally gives the ball away under no pressure whatsoever playing 5-10 yard passes in the middle of the pitch which aren’t intended to create anything.  He’s living off the era of the explosion in the number of penalties which are stat padding him.  He’s capable of great moments in games but overall his game is weak.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

Would probably be safer if he wore a mask properly 

Eqe2FbQW8AIJT9N?format=jpg&name=medium

9 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Not one to be an ITK or spout shite rumours, but...

My sister knows the Head Of BBC Sport. She’s been talking to him this morning and apparently there will be an announcement today / tonight all football will suspended for 2 weeks.

I've heard the same thing, so maybe some truth in it.

2 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Not one to be an ITK or spout shite rumours, but...

My sister knows the Head Of BBC Sport. She’s been talking to him this morning and apparently there will be an announcement today / tonight all football will suspended for 2 weeks.

If so, I reckon it'll be the FA Cup weekend and the following one.