You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football - 2020/21

WhiskeyJar

"This black guy" instead of just "This guy" is not a racial insult in my opinion. It's insensitive and thoughtless given the efforts to stamp it out but can we never identify people by their appearance because it's unavoidable . Donald Trump is an orange cunt , does that make me a racist ? 

5 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Why would the official need to sue that word if he wasn't being racist? 

If the ref is asking the fourth official which of the coaches he should send off, you'd surely want him to send the correct person off. It's only natural he should use a characteristic unique to that person, whether that be the colour of their hair or skin, whether they're wearing headwear or glasses etc.

Unless you believe it's inherently racist to describe a black person as black. I'm afraid I don't. I also don't think it's racist to say that someone has red hair or that they are tall.

Just now, Strontium Dog™ said:

If the ref is asking the fourth official which of the coaches he should send off, you'd surely want him to send the correct person off. It's only natural he should use a characteristic unique to that person, whether that be the colour of their hair or skin, whether they're wearing headwear or glasses etc.

Unless you believe it's inherently racist to describe a black person as black. I'm afraid I don't.

A man who cries about negs on an internet forum and tries to get someone sacked over it has the temerity to imply that a man who has no doubt had racism to deal with most of his life is over-reacting.  

6 minutes ago, magicrat said:

"This black guy" instead of just "This guy" is not a racial insult in my opinion. It's insensitive and thoughtless given the efforts to stamp it out but can we never identify people by their appearance because it's unavoidable . Donald Trump is an orange cunt , does that make me a racist ? 

Yeah borderline, but I’d personally rather they err on the side of caution. I wouldn’t be comfortable if they start referring to players/coaches by their ethnicity  e.g., “Send that Arab off” or “Card the Jew”.

Ba is absolutely spot on, there’s no need to identify someone by the colour of their skin, and to do so, shows a racist bias.

If the ref asked to identify the offender in the coaching staff, he wouldn’t say “the white guy there”, so by the same token, their is no need to identify someone as “the black guy”

Fair play in instanbul in taking the stand, someone had to, and equally so for PSG to support them too. It’s too much to ask for UEFA to do anything other than fine the match official 10p and a weeks suspension which is what they’ll do

• Upvote 2

Just now, Stickman said:

If Utd get a goal Leipzig will shit the bed ...It’s amazing how teams should be totally out of sight against them yet they spawn their way back into games because of that very reason . 

Yeah we need a break from Leipzig and a third goal to seal it.

Just now, Jedd Drudge said:

Or maybe there’s a situation somewhere in the middle 

A 4th official officiating at the side of the pitch somewhere in-between ordering an alcoholic beverage  or being a racist cunt resulting in both sides leaving the pitch? I'd like to see that middle.