Quantcast
Other football - 2020/21 - Page 256 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
WhiskeyJar

Other football - 2020/21

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, Stickman said:

 


 

Salah get in the bin there is a new kid in town ...I’m sure Shearer and Murphy will be all over this 

 

I've said it before, and I know here's one of your boys @dave u but Grealish has Manc twat written all over him.  Nailed on he'll go there.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BBC site:

 

It's not fit for purpose is it, the offside law now?

 

In 1876 they brought it in to stop some guy playing up front for the Royal Engineers from goalhanging, now we're drawing lines on Ollie Watkins' toenails.

 

Got to go.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Every week they hammer another nail in the games coffin.

 

The clubs need to get together as one and tell these useless bastards they've had enough of this now.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, an tha said:

Every week they hammer another nail in the games coffin.

 

The clubs need to get together as one and tell these useless bastards they've had enough of this now.

 

But if the TV stations/football authorities think this is the type of armchair entertainment people want, the clubs are going to do fuck-all.

 

A neutral watching this shit on TV probably thinks it's great fun.

 

It needs to come from spectators, I think - and currently there aren't any... so when/if they're allowed back, are they going to stay away from games in protest at VAR making football shit?

 

Because if they don't, and people keep watching this shit on TV and advertisers keep paying... clubs, I fear, will do nothing.

 

On that pessimistic basis, Klopp might well want to reconsider his quixotic stance lately... or at least, I hope he's also leaning on and ranting at those who are the real nub of the problem:  eg. like, people in charge of his own club who sign and receive the cheques.

 

I know his hobby horse is 12.30 kick-offs mainly, but the good of football, what's good for football, is all one big thing really.

 

And as long as money keeps talking loudest, that will be that.

 

Until VAR becomes bad for business, it's here to stay.

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, skaro said:

 

But if the TV stations/football authorities think this is the type of armchair entertainment people want, the clubs are going to do fuck-all.

 

A neutral watching this shit on TV probably thinks it's great fun.

 

It needs to come from spectators, I think - and currently there aren't any... so when/if they're allowed back, are they going to stay away from games in protest at VAR making football shit?

 

Because if they don't, and people keep watching this shit on TV and advertisers keep paying... clubs, I fear, will do nothing.

 

On that pessimistic basis, Klopp might well want to reconsider his quixotic stance lately... or at least, I hope he's also leaning on and ranting at those who are the real nub of the problem:  eg. like, people in charge of his own club who sign and receive the cheques.

 

I know his hobby horse is 12.30 kick-offs mainly, but the good of football, what's good for football, is all one big thing really.

 

And as long as money keeps talking loudest, that will be that.

 

Until VAR becomes bad for business, it's here to stay.

 

 

 

 

 

I make you right, sadly.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like Newcastle have a big Covid problem and the entire squad is isolating. The FA are planning to reschedule Newcastle's next game. How nice for them. Didn't remember the pricks in charge being so sympathetic to us when we had a few covid infections going around. Newcastle should be forced to field a covid-free team even if they're from the youth team otherwise forfeit the match.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Baltar said:

Sounds like Newcastle have a big Covid problem and the entire squad is isolating. The FA are planning to reschedule Newcastle's next game. How nice for them. Didn't remember the pricks in charge being so sympathetic to us when we had a few covid infections going around. Newcastle should be forced to field a covid-free team even if they're from the youth team otherwise forfeit the match.

They looked like they were all suffering from AIDS against Chelsea last week...

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, skaro said:

 

But if the TV stations/football authorities think this is the type of armchair entertainment people want, the clubs are going to do fuck-all.

 

A neutral watching this shit on TV probably thinks it's great fun.

 

It needs to come from spectators, I think - and currently there aren't any... so when/if they're allowed back, are they going to stay away from games in protest at VAR making football shit?

 

Because if they don't, and people keep watching this shit on TV and advertisers keep paying... clubs, I fear, will do nothing.

 

On that pessimistic basis, Klopp might well want to reconsider his quixotic stance lately... or at least, I hope he's also leaning on and ranting at those who are the real nub of the problem:  eg. like, people in charge of his own club who sign and receive the cheques.

 

I know his hobby horse is 12.30 kick-offs mainly, but the good of football, what's good for football, is all one big thing really.

 

And as long as money keeps talking loudest, that will be that.

 

Until VAR becomes bad for business, it's here to stay.

 

 

 

 

 

To be honest, Klopp complaining to the broadcasters who fund his and his players' obscene wages is pretty ludicrous.

 

He can of course make good arguments for player welfare. But others can make stronger arguments against player (and management) renumeration.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Josef Svejk said:

To be honest, Klopp complaining to the broadcasters who fund his and his players' obscene wages is pretty ludicrous.

 

He can of course make good arguments for player welfare. But others can make stronger arguments against player (and management) renumeration.

 

Totally agree, Jo.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Moctezuma said:

Has anyone counted the statistical likelihood of us consistently drawing premier league teams in this round for the past 4/5 years or however long it's been?

Catcherintherye is always my go to person.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Josef Svejk said:

To be honest, Klopp complaining to the broadcasters who fund his and his players' obscene wages is pretty ludicrous.

 

He can of course make good arguments for player welfare. But others can make stronger arguments against player (and management) renumeration.

We play on Wednesday night 3 times in the CL group stages. His ask is they not stick us on a Saturday morning kick off on any of these 3 slots. Not a big ask imo, ourselves and Utd play different nights in the CL so worst case scenario for them is one of the big 2 are removed from their options 3 times.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, DalyanPete said:

Catcherintherye is always my go to person.

Back of a fag packet I have it as 0.8% so less than 1 percent likelihood, though I suppose each year is 30.1% so while entirely possible next year it would be extremely unlucky for it to happen again.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You couldn't make it up territory........ Ole has just rationalised the Cavani tweet - 'he's only just in the country and in Uruguay, it's used differently' (or words to that effect). Overlooking the fact that Cavani has been playing in Europe for the last THIRTEEN years and that the guy he's been playing alongside in the national team for a decade got hammered for using the same word (presumably it never once came up in conversation on all thise trips back to Uruguay?!).

It's going to be really interesting to see what the FA does with this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

It's disingenuous to say the Cavani and Suarez situations are similar, but it would be quite funny to see the FA suspend him.

 

You're wrong, one plays for United and will face the befitting non-consequential consequences. The other didn't play for United and was forever defamed on the back of repeatedly changed testimony and no substantive evidence.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Em City said:

 

You're wrong, one plays for United and will face the befitting non-consequential consequences. The other didn't play for United and was forever defamed on the back of repeatedly changed testimony and no substantive evidence.

I'm more talking about the fact that Cavani put the word on an Instagram Story, on a post to his buddy, whereas Suarez said it to a black, Senegalese, French guy during the heat of a game. Context is a lot different.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Stickman said:

 


 

Salah get in the bin there is a new kid in town ...I’m sure Shearer and Murphy will be all over this 

 

If only he was one of those cheating, dirty foreign types....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Newcastle seeking postponement w/ 5 players (currently) out from covid. I assume we'll also be seeking postponement of our games then with far more injury absences. V dangerous precedent. The rules are clear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Alex_K said:

Newcastle seeking postponement w/ 5 players (currently) out from covid. I assume we'll also be seeking postponement of our games then with far more injury absences. V dangerous precedent. The rules are clear.

Wasn't it a Steve Bruce side who did that years back and got deducted points? or am I thinking of when he took his team off the pitch.... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Alex_K said:

Newcastle seeking postponement w/ 5 players (currently) out from covid. I assume we'll also be seeking postponement of our games then with far more injury absences. V dangerous precedent. The rules are clear.


In my opinion, it’s tough shit. They should have to play. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bjornebye said:

Wasn't it a Steve Bruce side who did that years back and got deducted points? or am I thinking of when he took his team off the pitch.... 

 

Bryan Robson. ‘Boro at Blackburn.

 

Bruce threw a hissy fit as Sheff Utd manager at Arsenal & took his players off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Scott_M said:


In my opinion, it’s tough shit. They should have to play. 

Yes. PL rules were made very clear re: squad availability for games to go ahead. Unless Newcastle prove they have less players available than those rules it should go on. I think between marginal VAR decisions & injuries we've been fucked over more this season than any team in recent memory.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×