You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football - 2020/21

WhiskeyJar

Just now, Doctor Troy said:

Both as bad as each other Stig. 

Is the Edinburgh derby as bad politically/religiously?

They aren’t DT. I’ve been enough old firms and around fans of both enough to know. Like I’ve said though both have twats following them. Them lot are vile on a whole other level. Compare Seville with Manchester for the uefa cup finals. 

@Mookwill know more than me re: hearts / Hibs but nope nowhere near. Hearts traditionally the protests at and Hibs Catholic. Always get more hassle from Hearts than Hibs at Celtic though. 

Celtic are 11/4 to win the league. Rangers are shit, a championship side playing well. Celtic are also a championship team but they have a couple of good players and a budget to get some more. Once they don't fuck up Lennon's replacement they should win it handy.

On 25/11/2020 at 19:29, sir roger said:

How can a CL game be that one-sided that the home team have had no shots while the away team has had 21 in the 70th minute.

Ring any bells?

26 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

They aren’t DT. I’ve been enough old firms and around fans of both enough to know. Like I’ve said though both have twats following them. Them lot are vile on a whole other level. Compare Seville with Manchester for the uefa cup finals. 

@Mookwill know more than me re: hearts / Hibs but nope nowhere near. Hearts traditionally the protests at and Hibs Catholic. Always get more hassle from Hearts than Hibs at Celtic though. 

Hibs were the original Irish team in Scotland (Celtic nicked most of their team early on) & there is a fair bit of sectarianism involved with Hibs/Hearts but nowhere near on the scale it is with Rangers & Celtic. It's mostly daft wee laddies who come away with the UVF/IRA pish on the East Coast.

Hearts & Celtic have a really bitter rivalry too, there's always bother.

57 minutes ago, Arnaud said:

Do Celtic and Rangers fans support the national team ? How are things going then together in the Tartan army ?

The Scotland support has always had a decent lot of Rangers & Celtic fans although from what I can make out the numbers are dwindling a bit. Rangers supporters blame the SFA for a lot of what's happened to them over the last few years (they're wrong).

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, No2 said:

Celtic are 11/4 to win the league. Rangers are shit, a championship side playing well. Celtic are also a championship team but they have a couple of good players and a budget to get some more. Once they don't fuck up Lennon's replacement they should win it handy.

Eddie Howe bookies favourite ..... 

I’d give it to Martin O’Neil till the end of the season. Or even Larsson. Club needs a

boost. 

24 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

What about Giggseh til end of season?

Fortunately there is enough domestic violence and wife shagging going on in Glasgow. I was talking with my dad about it the other week. He wants MoN back for the season then Steve Clarke after the Euros. I wouldn't be against that. David Wagners a free agent but he had a shit time at Schalke. 

Jesus we've all heard some shite spoken by complete bellends like Joe Cole for example but just switched our game on and heard him passing comment on Maradonas 2nd goal against England and he said if they take him out at the very start of the run then it's a straight red,  fuck off you tit that match was played in 1986 not 2016 .

Why do BT still employ this clown surely there are more qualified people out there who could do a far better job 

21 minutes ago, Tj hooker said:

Jesus we've all heard some shite spoken by complete bellends like Joe Cole for example but just switched our game on and heard him passing comment on Maradonas 2nd goal against England and he said if they take him out at the very start of the run then it's a straight red,  fuck off you tit that match was played in 1986 not 2016 .

Why do BT still employ this clown surely there are more qualified people out there who could do a far better job 

I think they employ people like Cole to spout rubbish as it creates clicks on Twitter a bit like @Talkshite had endless reruns of a supposed Liverpool fan phoning in after the Atlanta game saying Klopp had been found out and should be sacked ...It was obviously a wind up but they’re not arsed.

Just seen this caption on the BBC's ticker for the City-Burnley game:

65 mins

Post update

Man City 3-0 Burnley

Jay Rodriguez's attempt in the 61st minute was Burnley's first shot on target at the Etihad in the PL since January 2017.

This is their 4th league game there since. Like games against Watford, Burnley games are an absolute gimme for City.