You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football - 2020/21

WhiskeyJar

18 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I was gutted we didn't get Werner. How wrong I was. He's shite. 

So far, he’s the German Djibril Cisse - runs fast, hits it hard, good at penalties, always offside, all force & no actual skill. 

Based on his current output / performances, I’m not upset we didn’t sign him. 

I turned the Dortmund v Bayern game when Dortmund took the lead, at what I thought, was half time.

Changed TV room, has a piss, ate a yoghurt, got a beer.... turned it on at 48 mins and it’s 2-1 Bayern!

Dortmunds recent record v Bayern is Everton-esq.

18 minutes ago, The Guest said:

Brewster just looks clueless.  Werner has been so average since he’s gone there.  It’s classic Chelsea though.  They’re going to get over the line in games just because of the sheer amount of money they’ve spent.

I want the lad to do well but its like they've put the house on him being the new Rooney 

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I want the lad to do well but its like they've put the house on him being the new Rooney 

I got ripped last year for saying he doesn’t look quick enough and he’s just been outpaced by a 36 year old centre back.  It’s not all him to be fair.  Sheffield look like the worst team in the league.

1 minute ago, The Guest said:

Sheff Utd look like they’re going to get relegated.  It felt like they only had about 8 men on the pitch.

I already thinks WBA & Fulham have gone and the other place is between Sheff Utd, Brighton & Burnley.

Might be harsh to lump Brighton in so far as their performances, generally like Sheff Utd, have been decent. However, if your playing well & not picking up points, it doesn’t bode well.

If winning while not playing well is the sign of a good team, surely the opposite is also true?

23 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

So far, he’s the German Djibril Cisse - runs fast, hits it hard, good at penalties, always offside, all force & no actual skill. 

Based on his current output / performances, I’m not upset we didn’t sign him. 

I was annoyed when we didn't sign him because it seemed like he was destined to come here. 

Happier we got Jota as he seems to be more suited to us and has worked hard to warrant a starting place, whereas Werner wasn't convinced that he would do that and wanted reassurance that he would be in the first team.

5 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

I was annoyed when we didn't sign him because it seemed like he was destined to come here. 

Happier we got Jota as he seems to be more suited to us and has worked hard to warrant a starting place, whereas Werner wasn't convinced that he would do that and wanted reassurance that he would be in the first team.

I think we were all annoyed at the time. Posters levels of annoyance was based on how willing they were prepared to accept the COVID19 situation. 

However, in hindsight it certainly looks to have worked out for the best.

I’m not writing Werner off, I’m sure he’ll get his share of goals, but I currently don’t think he’s at the level of our established front 3 or, after a couple of months, Jota.

5 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Turned into this game late. Heard Bamford had a goal disallowed and only just seen the stills.

Absolutely, 110% bollocks. 

01EEC1A7-8123-4B70-BBFA-092F1E3BCB56.jpeg

Week after week it just gets worse....fucking clowns have taken something designed to help game and used it to make it worse.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Duff Man said:

Does seem to be in contradiction to "The hands and arms of all players, including the goalkeepers, are not considered.". I mean it's pretty much his elbow.

Haven’t IFAB redefined what's an arm and what's a shoulder? I heard that this year, if the ball hits the area normally covered by a short sleeve, it's not handball.

Because, obviously, that makes loads of sense.