You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football - 2020/21

WhiskeyJar

7 minutes ago, Anubis said:

All the Scots fans on Twitter slating Robbo, saying he’s shite for Scotland anyway, and bigging up Tierney.

All the Liverpool fans on Twitter laughing their arses off.

Meanwhile, if I was Robbo I’d sue this cunt, or at least get him sacked from CBS.

vfuFzXN.png

Yeah Scotland fans don't seem to like our Andy at all, apparently they don't like his accent. 

14 minutes ago, Anubis said:

All the Scots fans on Twitter slating Robbo, saying he’s shite for Scotland anyway, and bigging up Tierney.

All the Liverpool fans on Twitter laughing their arses off.

Meanwhile, if I was Robbo I’d sue this cunt, or at least get him sacked from CBS.

vfuFzXN.png

This is one of the big reasons i hate international footy so much...we are all meant to 'come together' but bottom line is club loyalties always run deeper, and club biases etc will always take over.

Can't stand idea of one week standing watching chelsea fans for example waving £50 notes at us, singing murderers, always the victim, sign on etc then the next we are all supposed to be mates as we all cheer for Ingerlund.

Fuck off 

38 minutes ago, Trumo said:

Haaland's been in beast mode this past couple of years. He's averaging exactly a goal a game for club and country. Either it's a ridiculous purple patch or he's the real deal.

You'd have thought one of our resident Noggies would have been singing his praises a while ago. 

9 hours ago, aws said:

You'd have thought one of our resident Noggies would have been singing his praises a while ago. 

I'll stick my head out... Haaland is great as a flat track bully when given good service and playing against shit or very naive teams (of which there seems to be a few...). He's very quick and has great movement in the box. Massive self-belief. Not great in the air considering his size. His biggest obstacle is that his link-up play and touch is Lukaku-like though. If he's playing for the dominant team in a league he'll go on to score lots of goals, of that I have no doubt. Will it make the team better? Not so sure, 

Misunderstood this... Haaland wasn't as hyped up superkid in early teenage years (like Odegaard), as his technical levels are somewhat lacking. He scored once in 32 games for Bryne (D1) and Norway u 17. From 16-17 his body developed really quickly, and then he started most games for Molde as a 17-year old, scoring freely. Quickly got snapped up by RB Salzburg after 1.5 seasons at Molde.

Personally he's not a player I like or admire, and I don't think he's suited to the way we play. He would have been perfect for Houllier, though! Odegaard and Berge (at Sheff U) are the only two players from Norway I would have wanted here.

• Upvote 1

On 12/10/2020 at 07:56, lebron said:

Misunderstood this... Haaland wasn't as hyped up superkid in early teenage years (like Odegaard), as his technical levels are somewhat lacking. He scored once in 32 games for Bryne (D1) and Norway u 17. From 16-17 his body developed really quickly, and then he started most games for Molde as a 17-year old, scoring freely. Quickly got snapped up by RB Salzburg after 1.5 seasons at Molde.

Interesting commentary. Wonder if there are certain parallels with Harry Kane. Strikers are a funny breed; some incredible talents at younger youth levels who never make a splash, then others completely the opposite (Kane; Vardy; from your comments - Haaland?).

Harry Kane has it all to prove this year methinks. Nowhere near the goal return in the league over the last three seasons as the top attackers and if he is transitioning into a deeper role where he is more of a playmaker they really are going to struggle unless Son turns into a 25 goal a season fella. Granted notching four a game may get him there.

52 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Harry Kane has it all to prove this year methinks. Nowhere near the goal return in the league over the last three seasons as the top attackers and if he is transitioning into a deeper role where he is more of a playmaker they really are going to struggle unless Son turns into a 25 goal a season fella. Granted notching four a game may get him there.

I hate the slack jawed twat - but not sure about this.

Last season he scored 18 in 29 in league....top scorer in league had 23 in 35...2nd top 22 in 36.

Kane's goals per game slightly worse than top scorer, slightly better than 2nd top...his problem is missing games.

This season he has 3 in 4, but then everybody has a bomb load this season so maybe you are right.

1 minute ago, an tha said:

I hate the slack jawed twat - but not sure about this.

The injuries are part of what he needs to show he can get over. The last three seasons have been less than spectacular for him.

Gotta be behind Salah, Vardy, Aubamayeng, Aguero during that time - probably Sterling and Mane as well.

10 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

The injuries are part of what he needs to show he can get over. The last three seasons have been less than spectacular for him.

Gotta be behind Salah, Vardy, Aubamayeng, Aguero during that time - probably Sterling and Mane as well.

Think he was joint 6th top scorer last season yeah.

Vardy 23

Aubamayeng, Ings 22

Sterling 20

Salah 19

Mane, Kane 18

Aguero got 16

Season before:

1.Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang 22 

1.Sadio Mané 22 

1.Mohamed Salah 22 

4.Sergio Agüero 21 

5.Jamie Vardy 18