You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football - 2020/21

WhiskeyJar

Thought I create a new thread as per a discussion in the previous thread. 

The Champions League summer tournament is nearly finished and people are already discussing our pre-season in last season’s thread. I believe a new one is required.

Any and all teams discussed in here are not as good as compared to the current champions.

6 hours ago, Scott_M said:

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-liverpool-premier-league-2021-18777327

Allegedly we start at West Ham. Hopefully that means we finish at Anfield.

Someone already said City and united both at home on the same weekend! All the 'W' clubs at home too? Nah, dont think so.

14 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Someone already said City and united both at home on the same weekend! All the 'W' clubs at home too? Nah, dont think so.

I didn’t read it any detail, just looked for the important bit (ie us).

I just hope we’re at home last game of season.

1 hour ago, dockers_strike said:

Easier for Altrincham fan Anthony Taylor to walk to the grounds then.

• Upvote 1

Have these 'leaked' fixtures ever turned out to be the actual ones?

Scheduling two teams from the same city at home never happen, even taking into account there'll be no fans.

Man Utd v Arsenal on the opening day? Bollocks. Granted, it's only the Mancs v a midtable team now, but still.

We’ll be alright as long as we top up the squad. With that said, no team has ever accrued 90+ points in three consecutive seasons, so it’s essential that we don’t drop off too much and gift wrap someone else a low-scoring title.

Man Utd will do well and would probably be my pick for second assuming they keep getting penalties every other time they reach the opposition penalty box, although Chelsea will run them close - both should be on or around the 80 point mark and probably within 10 points of the top.

City have shit themselves mentally and barring a spending spree of previously unseen proportions, I wouldn’t be surprised to see them battling it out with Spurs and Arsenal for fourth / fifth / sixth.

2 hours ago, Trumo said:

For those of you complaining about the design of our new Nike kits, this is what Adidas have cooked up for Man Utd's 3rd kit.

vo7hEU1_d.webp?maxwidth=728&fidelity=gra

Fuck me! They'll be doing another half time kit swap like they did at Southampton some years back when they're 3 down in a game wearing that!

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Manc Echo running a story Gini and Virgil might be targets if he does. Did united lose a game last night?

They have no money, they had to cook the books with the swap deal they did, there’s no chance they’re in for anybody unless they manage to sell some of their mistakes and nobody is going to be offering anywhere near market value for any of theirs due to knowing the above.

Basket case of a club at the minute and I think they’ll have a real fallow period whist they try and sort their shit out.

25 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Manc Echo running a story Gini and Virgil might be targets if he does. Did united lose a game last night?

Given his contract, Gini is a maybe.

They’ve nowhere near enough money for VVD. 

On 16/08/2020 at 17:55, Chocoholic said:

Man Utd v Arsenal on the opening day? Bollocks. Granted, it's only the Mancs v a midtable team now, but still.

We played Arsenal on the opening day a few years back. 

I think the only rule regarding big teams is that you can't have two of the previous top 4 playing each other, but one of those teams against Spurs or Arsenal will be fine.