You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football - 2020/21

WhiskeyJar

9 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Allegri supposedly going back to Juve as well.

It’s like clubs are just ignoring the 20/21 season and going back to pre-pandemic.

Hopefully it results in us winning the CL and / or the Premiership again. 

1 minute ago, Baltar said:

I don't know how you stop it? There are millions of morons around the world that will happily create troll accounts to leave racist abuse. Ban them and they simply recreate another account. 

These cowards hide behind anonimity to spout their shite and hatered. I dont know what the answer is because some will always be able to circumvent net protocols and security.

That said, the veil of secrecy needs to be lifted so it can easily be seen who the vast majority are.

4 minutes ago, Baltar said:

Seems like a desperate attempt by spuds to convince Kane to stay.

Maybe but surely Kane’s response would be “I’ve already given 5 years of my career to Pochettino with nothing to show for it, what’s another 3 years going to achieve?”.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Baltar said:

I don't know how you stop it? There are millions of morons around the world that will happily create troll accounts to leave racist abuse. Ban them and they simply recreate another account. 

Of course there are complexities, but there's still a complete lack of will from the providers to actually change things. The weekend boycott a while back was a good start, but it will take more than that for them to pay a blind bit of notice. 

4 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

That would break me tonight if I was a Manc fan. The cat would be getting kicked and the sister in law would be getting shagged. 

Hope you didn't get that sequence mixed up!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Baltar said:

Do nothing.  

Stop trying to eliminate it. 

Ignore them and they will gradually come out more into the open and expose their IDs. 

12 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Do nothing.  

Stop trying to eliminate it. 

Ignore them and they will gradually come out more into the open and expose their IDs. 

How do facebook and twitter compare on the racism front?  Whenever I see talk of racism its always twitter.  Is it mainly a twitter issue?

13 hours ago, Em City said:

How biased was BT's coverage tonight by the way? You could swear it was MUTV.

Three ex Mancs in the studio, one ex Manc youth reject in the commentary practically begging the Villarreal players to miss and Jake Humphreys saying it's not the result 'most of the country would have wanted' like the massive tit that he is.

To be fair I would expect that and would probably be the same if we played.

Loads of twats kicking off about Gerrard being in the Premier League hall of fame from virtually all sets of fans but mainly Mancs. 

I expect the same level of fume when Gareth Bale, Harry Kane, Gianfranco Zola and Marcel Dessaily are inducted as they have never won the Premier League either. 

6 hours ago, Rotpeter said:

How do facebook and twitter compare on the racism front?  Whenever I see talk of racism its always twitter.  Is it mainly a twitter issue?

I'd imagine the anonymity that twatter affords compared to facebook is a big factor.

On 27/05/2021 at 07:03, Elite said:

I was hoping this shit-fest would have been over in 90 minutes.

I was thinking the exact same thing at the time, and what an abortion the EL is.

But then, after the shootout, I thought... watching United lose the trophy that we used to win so gloriously once upon a time, WAS FANTASTIC!!!

I did, I have to admit though, feel a tiny bit gutted for de Gea.

What a crowning turd of a last game for him at United, perhaps.

The UEFA cup could easily regain some credibility.

For starters stop the dropping down into it of the failed european cup group stage teams who finished 3rd in 4 team groups.

Differentiate it from the european cup by reverting back to it being a knockout competition as it was up until 2004 with 2 leg knock out ties.

Oh and drop the stupid name and call it the uefa cup again.

• Upvote 3