You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football - 2020/21

WhiskeyJar

Dry your eyes, lad....

More from Rashford: "People say a lot about Man Utd going downhill, blah, blah, blah, blah but for me, the club, desire, hunger, talent, ability, the squad, we have everything to compete at the highest level. We just have to show it to the world and ourselves, show why we belong in the top places and why we need to win finals like this.

"Second doesn't count for nothing. Manchester City win the league, we finished second. Doesn't mean nothing. Villarreal won the Europa League, we finished second. For us it's nothing. I don't want to here 'they were so close' because it means nothing. One winner, one loser. Today we lost. We have to find out why and make sure next time we don't lose.

"I'm 100% sure [we can compete because of] sacrifice. To win big trophies you have to show sacrifice. I could walk you into the dressing room and show you five, six, seven players - and me - who have had injuries from the start of the season. We all stayed and fought to be succesful for trhe club.

"We have to go away and clear our heads. When we come back we start fresh.

"When Ole came in we had a process. We believe in the process. Part of the process is ups and downs. Just because we lose today I promise the fans no chance we give up.

"We will come back next season with more desire and hunger. We have to give 110%.

"I know in every club they don't have this sacrifice. In the top clubs they do. That's why they win trophies.

"We're close, I promise we're close."

Asked about whether he'd be fit for the Euros: "Forget about the foot for now. The disappointment of today, I don't feel the foot."

2 minutes ago, Em City said:

How biased was BT's coverage tonight by the way? You could swear it was MUTV.

Three ex Mancs in the studio, one ex Manc youth reject in the commentary practically begging the Villarreal players to miss and Jake Humphreys saying it's not the result 'most of the country would have wanted' like the massive tit that he is.

Ian Darke is an absolute weapon. I can’t stand the cunt. If you’re on Twitter pass the message on please, I’m not allowed. 

2 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Ian Darke is an absolute weapon. I can’t stand the cunt. If you’re on Twitter pass the message on please, I’m not allowed. 

I don't have Twitter but if I'm passing his house, I'll make sure to stuff his letterbox with dogshit.

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, RobbieOR said:

This season was absolutely terrible until those cunts got that game called off. We've been perfect since and they've gone to pieces. You love to see it.

Quite.

The Rice Krispie Kid was right after all. The protests DID affect the players.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Scott_M said:

But in these circumstances, can you Inter for wanting to recoup losses? Italian clubs are hardly rolling in it these days.

I definitely blame Inter for their lack of long term approach. They signed Young and Sanchez on high wages, 2 of them who are old and have 0 resale value especially Sanchez who everyone knew was on 450k a week and was stinking the place at United. 

Anyways, to follow up on the decision of their board, their owners Chinese won the china league and after a few months said they were going to close the club because of financial constraints. Looks like Inter will be on sale soon.

6 hours ago, Josef Svejk said:

Why would you choose to go second in a penalty shootout? Thereby losing choice of ends as well as advantage of scoring first?! 

That together with the use of substitutes proves what an absolute weapon Ole is... 

That is crazy! Haha 

6 hours ago, an tha said:

"We're close, I promise we're close"

Sounds almost like that "It's our year this year" thing that people reckoned we always said.

Here's hoping for them to mimic us (post Kenny '91 - pre Klopp) by finishing second and then being absolutely shit for the next five seasons.

Still laughing my head off about last night, just brilliant.

Villarreal were brutal to watch but the mancs didn’t do nearly enough, I think they just expected to turn up and win. No pace to their play, just slowly work it wide and drill it in the box.

Unless they go on a gigantic spending spree this summer (ie Kane, Sancho, Verane, a quality central midfielder) that side has peaked.

That collection of players, although it does have some talented players in it, isn’t going to seriously compete for the Premiership or CL. They certainly might pick up an odd trophy here or there (like they have been), but they won’t compete at the very, very top of the game. 

This is their Roy Evans era. Lots of good, young, homegrown players. A likeable “club man” as the coach. A good side, but never good enough to take that final step.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, dandyman said:

Nice to see great punditry from Rio, Scholes and Hargreaves.... go buy more players

close to a fuckin billion pounds spent in 8 years and yet they need to spend another 2-300 mill

#Glazersout.

7 hours ago, Em City said:

How biased was BT's coverage tonight by the way? You could swear it was MUTV.

Three ex Mancs in the studio, one ex Manc youth reject in the commentary practically begging the Villarreal players to miss and Jake Humphreys saying it's not the result 'most of the country would have wanted' like the massive tit that he is.

It’s been the same in our favour when we’ve played in European finals, and so it should be. 

if the CL final coverage has bias when there’s 2 English teams, then fair enough complain but otherwise, nah.

our run to the UEFA Cup win in 2001 was on BBC from memory and was chock full of reds, plus Lineker.

• Upvote 4

8 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

Something else the goblin got wrong.

Last penalty save was against Everton in 2016

DeGea getting stick on Twitter last night for refusing to sign any autographs after the game.
His excuse being he misplaced his pen 

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Poster said:

Avoided this, so it was nice to wake up this morning and see they lost… especially amusing they lost on penalties. Karma is such a bitch.

image.jpeg

How am I doing boss ?

You hate to see it, you really do.

1 hour ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

It’s been the same in our favour when we’ve played in European finals, and so it should be. 

if the CL final coverage has bias when there’s 2 English teams, then fair enough complain but otherwise, nah.

our run to the UEFA Cup win in 2001 was on BBC from memory and was chock full of reds, plus Lineker.

Ian Darke in the 90th minute: "Extra time to find out if Man United can win the Europa League."

No doubt coverage is always biased towards English sides but I don't recall Jim Beglin in the 05 final saying Serginho will miss his peno or shouting "Go Germany" when Didi scored his, because that's the sort of stuff Savage at last night.

Anyway, fuck them. It was like a funeral in the studio afterwards and I couldn't have it enjoyed it more.