You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football - 2020/21

WhiskeyJar

11 hours ago, Scott_M said:

I was surprised to hear that Firmino has still out scored him this season.

He seems to be bigged up by everyone who ever talks about him. I've only ever seen him play against us, but he's always been shite when we've played them and his goal scoring record in general is average at best.

Yet he's talked about like he's some kind of awesome ultra lethal footballing machine. 

7 hours ago, Anubis said:

Oh yeah, and Antonio nailed him in his interview. Apparently the slug thinks he’s been disrespectful.

He just has big men who play in the channel and his only argument is "well they're only 5'9" and 5'10". His entire managerial career has been lump it into the channel.

30 year managerial career, won the League of Ireland once and the 3rd Division once yet he thinks he's Paisley, Ferguson, Mourinho and Pep all rolled into one. He's a shit cunt. 

• Upvote 4

Hopefully this is the last we see of the corrupt fat fraud but no doubt the turd remains unflushable and come December some dickheads down the bottom will give him another pay day. 

11 hours ago, Scott_M said:

I was surprised to hear that Firmino has still out scored him this season.

Sky makes it sound like he’s peak Bebeto. 

More like a peak Bebe. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Chocoholic said:

Very possible, and even probable, that the Blueshite finish 10th in their 'best season in years'.

Current standings

Everton  +4   59       Away v Man City

Arsenal  +14  58      Home v Brighton

Leeds    +6    56      Home v West Brom

There's not a chance they get anything at Man City, while both Arsenal and Leeds should be winning their home fixtures. it's a long way from the title in September.

They've got five games in hand.

41 minutes ago, Chairman Meow said:

He seems to be bigged up by everyone who ever talks about him. I've only ever seen him play against us, but he's always been shite when we've played them and his goal scoring record in general is average at best.

Yet he's talked about like he's some kind of awesome ultra lethal footballing machine. 

He just has big men who play in the channel and his only argument is "well they're only 5'9" and 5'10". His entire managerial career has been lump it into the channel.

30 year managerial career, won the League of Ireland once and the 3rd Division once yet he thinks he's Paisley, Ferguson, Mourinho and Pep all rolled into one. He's a shit cunt. 

He won the League of Ireland 1st division, the 2nd tier. They had just been relegated and he took them back up. It's not as if he worked miracles. That's not the way he tells it though, obviously.

1 hour ago, Chairman Meow said:

"Disgusting" to criticise another team's style of play, "beyond the pale" for a manager to celebrate a goal with a dismissive hand gesture, but demanding all players at your club use your mate as an agent when renewing their contracts is just fine and dandy.

Thin skinned gravy drinking shithouse.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Razoray said:

He won the League of Ireland 1st division, the 2nd tier. They had just been relegated and he took them back up. It's not as if he worked miracles. That's not the way he tells it though, obviously.

I thought 1st division had meant top tier. So he's even shitter than I thought, which takes some doing as it's near impossible to articulate just how shit I think he is. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Stickman said:

He’ll be back on Talksport the spiritual home of Brexiteer English Managers (Warnock and Holloway) by the end of the month the bitter slob 

https://thefootballfaithful.com/allardyce-british-football-brexit-mentality-huddersfield/

E1yJVeoXIAIT33C?format=jpg&name=medium

His interview last night was even more deranged than usual. " People see me as a short term manager" . The answer to that is fucking obvious. I hope to God we have seen the last of him not just because of his style of football but because I firmly believe he is a very unpleasant , selfish individual with some ridiculous opinions and is as thick as pigshit. Not being an individual with any self awareness as to his mental limitations he tries to compensate by shouting louder . Allardyce needs football but it sure as hell doesn't need him. Fuck off you cunt. 

• Upvote 1

That interview from Ferguson's pet hippo last night was absolutely incredible. Basically he wants no part of trying to get WBA out the Championship because the media has pigeon-holed him as a miracle worker, nothing to do with his own choice of gigs you see, it's the media sainting him as the firefighter extraordinaire. Then he tries to change the subject to a bizarre rant about Michail Antonio to deflect from the interviewer probing him about why he's leaving WBA. He's a fucking walrus and I hope we don't have to line up against any of his cave dwelling sides ever again.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Chairman Meow said:

His entire managerial career has been lump it into the channel year managerial career, won the League of Ireland once and the 3rd Division once yet he thinks he's Paisley, Ferguson, Mourinho and Pep all rolled into one. He's a shit cunt. 

He did not win the League of Ireland! He won the equivalent of the Irish Championship! 

So, Its everyones fault that he is seen as a short term Manager, inc Sky?  He points out that he's " a lot more than that"

But, he then declines a long term job?.

The truth is, he takes short term jobs on medium term contracts and tries to milk as much money as he can.  If you don't like being seen as a short term manager, take a long term job that is on offer.

The only thing i can deduct from this is that he is a greedy fucker who would rather take 2 jobs in 2 seasons to get as much money as possible than take any longer term role to help a club utilise the abilities he thinks he has and doesnt like to talk about ?

• Upvote 5

6 hours ago, Chairman Meow said:

He won the League of Ireland second division. Even that was in 1991/92.

What a truly illustrious career for the Brexit-headed gravy swilller.

Edit: it's already been said. Apologies, Chairman Meow. I was a bit to over eager to lay into the walrus.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Chairman Meow said:

I hate to be fair to him but he did stick it out at Bolton for 7 or 8 seasons, got them promoted and into Europe a couple of times. That said Bolton were a horrible club in his own image. 

7 hours ago, sir roger said:

Fancy having a go at Antonio and not mentioning those shorts.

In a loose reference to that, pulling the socks over the knee used to be my main gripe of modern football, and still think it should be a booking, but this rolling the sock as low as you can is even worse. It might look absolutely super to them close up as they marvel at their calf muscles in the mirrors in the changies, but on tv it makes them look like sex offenders. Like your mate’s weird uncle when you were growing up who’d constantly wear tiny running shorts and no socks. It screams out wrongun

• Upvote 3

Surprised nobody has mentioned the little spat (pun intended) that resulted in McNeil reporting Alioski to the ref in the Burnley v Leeds game.

McNeill fouled Alioski who went down like he’d been machine gunned. McNeil then lent over him and appeared to say something to him, although it is now suggested he spat at him.

E1b5S8mXsAMtrYj?format=png&name=small

Aloski them jumped up, made this gesture at McNeil and after brief handbags both managers were called to the ref on the touchline and afterwards, Dychebag confirmed a report had been made to the ref. Although he wouldn’t say what it was it has been suggested it is a racial gesture (monkey face?) as McNeil is mixed race. McNeil was immediately hooked.

43023714-9582057-Leeds_supporters_were_l

4 hours ago, Anubis said:

Surprised nobody has mentioned the little spat (pun intended) that resulted in McNeil reporting Alioski to the ref in the Burnley v Leeds game.

McNeill fouled Alioski who went down like he’d been machine gunned. McNeil then lent over him and appeared to say something to him, although it is now suggested he spat at him.

E1b5S8mXsAMtrYj?format=png&name=small

Aloski them jumped up, made this gesture at McNeil and after brief handbags both managers were called to the ref on the touchline and afterwards, Dychebag confirmed a report had been made to the ref. Although he wouldn’t say what it was it has been suggested it is a racial gesture (monkey face?) as McNeil is mixed race. McNeil was immediately hooked.

43023714-9582057-Leeds_supporters_were_l

I saw that at the time - he then did the "face" to a steward lady on the sideline. Strange.