You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football - 2020/21

WhiskeyJar

13 minutes ago, Anubis said:

‘It’s not football anymore’ sing the fans who think a handball should be allowed and who’s success is on the back of financial doping.

Also complaining that VAR ruled out a goal but also think VAR should have given them a penalty.

It was a penalty, but tough shit.

Haha, Werner should have had a pen but if Mo doesnt get them, why should anyone else? Correct decision to scrub off both Werner's 'goals.'

Leicester are either going to get very lucky and score against the run of play or chelsea are going to score a couple if they get 1.

0% of the ball. 

100% of Werner.

Surely that should be the definition of clear and obvious?

How can Dean and some bellend with a dozen different camera angles not see it.

Saying that, Salah didn’t get a similar one at Villa before the capitulation. 

5 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Also complaining that VAR ruled out a goal but also think VAR should have given them a penalty.

It was a penalty, but tough shit.

I surprised Dean didn’t give it considering some of the shit he blew for on Sunday 

Chelsea are playing as though they’re all on something illegal, I expect something will deflect in off one of them eventually, unless Leicester wake the fuck up.

Dean doing his best to wind the entitled fuckers up is a real bonus.

I hope it finishes 0-0 and can’t wait to hear from Tuchel afterwards.

We could still fuck it up ourselves of course.

Just now, Stickman said:

I surprised Dean didn’t give it considering some of the shit he blew for on Sunday 

How could somebody watching on a TV with the power to refer not give it? 

Every poster, all the pundits & commentators etc all think it was a pen. It was absolutely nailed on!

Still, I’m glad they didn’t give it. 

Didn't watch the first half but just seen the penalty incident. It's probably a pen. But, I can see why it hasn't been given too. Tielemans intercepts, sets the ball and goes to pass it out of his box. His intention is to pass the ball. He's already committed to and is in the process of executing the pass when Werner cuts into the gap between Tielemans foot and the ball, meaning that Tielemans gets the player instead. 

I'm leaning towards a penalty and I'd definitely fume if we didn't get that decision. But, I also think what Tielemans did is close to stretching the meaning of "foul" beyond what it actually means. 

4 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Can't see Leicester getting back into this

Probably best for us it Chelsea get another couple and worsen the Leicester GD

No doubt. In fact, if Chelsea get a couple more against Leicester now and Spurs beat them at the weekend, we would qualify even if we contrived to lose one of our last two by a couple of goals, just as long as we won the other.

2 minutes ago, angie said:

Need chavs to batter these now 4-0

Not really. We're currently on +21 ,Leicester on +20 since they're losing. If it stays like this, and we win tomorrow, we'll be on at least +22.

So, Leicester would have to beat spurs,who are chasing Europe themselves, by 3 or more goals than us against Palace to go ahead of us. Any defeat for Leicester here and any win for us tomorrow should be enough for us to get 4th if we beat Palace also. 

Just now, TheDrowningMan said:

No doubt. In fact, if Chelsea get a couple more against Leicester now and Spurs beat them at the weekend, we would qualify even if we contrived to lose one of our last two by a couple of goals, just as long as we won the other.

Going to stick with the pessimism, we will lose both