You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football - 2020/21

WhiskeyJar

Just now, Josef Svejk said:

Commentator said it was because two of their players needed treatment.

One was the keeper and I thought they didn't need to come off. 

I think the moral of the story is if a player goes down make sure a team mate fakes an injury to avoid having to go off. 

Decent first half. Newcastle took a surprise lead then City hit two quick goals, the second of which looked like it could be offside, the lines on the screen that usually spend ages on our goals checked City's for about two seconds before giving it.

Newcastle then win a pen on the stroke of half time, again via VAR after the ref initially blew for offside that was nowhere near being.

14 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

Decent first half. Newcastle took a surprise lead then City hit two quick goals, the second of which looked like it could be offside, the lines on the screen that usually spend ages on our goals checked City's for about two seconds before giving it.

Newcastle then win a pen on the stroke of half time, again via VAR after the ref initially blew for offside that was nowhere near being.

How the fuck that Ake wasn’t booked  for hacking down Almiron in the first half when Newcastle broke I’ll never know but then again it’s City so I’ve answered my own question 

Just trying to plan the day, it's cold, the kids are full of colds so can't really do anything with them apart from cuddles and treats on the couch, so football, that'll help...

Screenshot 2021-05-15 at 08.29.41.png

What a holy triumvirate of shite, looks like I'm going to have to find something else to do...

• Upvote 3

30 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Just trying to plan the day, it's cold, the kids are full of colds so can't really do anything with them apart from cuddles and treats on the couch, so football, that'll help...

Screenshot 2021-05-15 at 08.29.41.png

What a holy triumvirate of shite, looks like I'm going to have to find something else to do...

Chelsea v Leicester at 5.15pm.

2 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Chelsea v Leicester at 5.15pm.

Part one of a two part television drama in which Brendan Rodgers shits the bed and the fallout from that. 

Part two will be broadcast on Tuesday 18 May.

2 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Part one of a two part television drama in which Brendan Rodgers shits the bed and the fallout from that. 

Part two will be broadcast on Tuesday 18 May.

Although I won’t be jumping up and down celebrating today if Leicester win, I hope for Rodgers that they do.

I know he’s a greasy second hand car sales man but he did his best of us and was a cunt hair away from delivering. 

I don’t especially like him, but I don’t dislike him either. 

I genuinely don’t know what I want from Tuesday. Chelsea finishing outside the CL would be likely be beneficial for us (I hope City beat them as well, City are going to win it eventually so this is the best bad outcome) but I also don’t want the possibility of CL qualification going down to the possibility of GD. 

I dont have a problem with rodgers, but for the team imploding at Palace and a shit ball by Sakho, we'd have won the title.

I keep hearing shit that the chelsea result was his fault because he didnt play for the draw. But no one was wanting us to play for the draw, in the stadium we all thought if we werent going to blow chelsea away, we'd get the win because of the run we were on.

Anyway, it's all history. Out of the 2 finalists, Id rather Leicester win. Yeah some of their cunt fans were calling for null and void last season. So were chelsea.

22 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

I dont have a problem with rodgers, but for the team imploding at Palace and a shit ball by Sakho, we'd have won the title.

I keep hearing shit that the chelsea result was his fault because he didnt play for the draw. But no one was wanting us to play for the draw, in the stadium we all thought if we werent going to blow chelsea away, we'd get the win because of the run we were on.

Nothing wrong with the pass from Sakho, it was just one of them things, unfortunately.

I don’t think I’ve ever been as tense going to a match. It was a horrible atmosphere as well, Anfield just reeked of desperation. It felt like Goodison on Derby Day.

I had a big fall out with my Dad on the Kop as well. He’d been annoying me all day with tales of when he lives in Scotland & he followed Hearts, how they blew the title twice. In the second half, he told me to calm down and the tension of the day / game and a few other things (I was getting married 6 weeks later and I’ve only just paid it off) I told him to fuck off. Absolutely no excuse and I still feel really shitty about it now.

I took defeat that day miles worse than Wembley 1996, Athens, Basel, Kiev or any other game.

Anyways, it’s in the past now and I’d like to remember that season for Suarez, Sturridge, Sterling, Coutinho & Gerrards brilliance & Hendo turning into the player he is now - hammering the mancs at Old Trafford, twatting The Ev & Anfield at Anfield, that insane City game, scoring 6 at Cardiff and 5 at Stoke &

Spurs, and seemingly having won the majority of home games by half time - it was an insane ride.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Scott_M said:

Nothing wrong with the pass from Sakho, it was just one of them things, unfortunately.

There fucking was, space in front of him, forward passes on and the cunt instead plays it backwards (yeah, remember the shit hendo gets for backward passes?) to Stevie who isnt expecting it. So no, nothing wrong with the pass at all. Fucking hell.

47 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Although I won’t be jumping up and down celebrating today if Leicester win, I hope for Rodgers that they do.

I know he’s a greasy second hand car sales man but he did his best of us and was a cunt hair away from delivering. 

I don’t especially like him, but I don’t dislike him either. 

I genuinely don’t know what I want from Tuesday. Chelsea finishing outside the CL would be likely be beneficial for us (I hope City beat them as well, City are going to win it eventually so this is the best bad outcome) but I also don’t want the possibility of CL qualification going down to the possibility of GD. 

Draw Tuesday

4 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

There fucking was, space in front of him, forward passes on and the cunt instead plays it backwards (yeah, remember the shit hendo gets for backward passes?) to Stevie who isnt expecting it. So no, nothing wrong with the pass at all. Fucking hell.

I’m not getting into an ding dong about it but unfortunately the error rests with Gerrard. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Razoray said:

Draw Tuesday

If Leicester beat Spurs, that would guarantee them 3rd.

Your probably right though. Takes GD out of it & fucks off Chelsea.

Anyways, means nothing unless we take 9 so I’ll focus on that.