You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football - 2020/21

WhiskeyJar

1 hour ago, Razoray said:

Chelsea had 22 points from 12 league games when Lampard was sacked. 
They have 42 points from the last 24 league games.

Has the cup success glossed over an ordinary season? They look more organised and leak less goals but they also score less. Is Tuchel as good an appointment as we are being led to believe? Obviously if they win the CL they are proved right but they could also end up with no silverware and Europa league next year

They look vastly improved to me. But that may owe to my bias against fat Tory cunts who make German peados with comb overs look tolerable. 

• Upvote 1

On 11/05/2021 at 19:52, Preston Red said:

If we lose on Thursday, I hope everything in the league is settled before the final round of games.

Sell that you Sky cunts!

Over the next few years I reckon it's going to be over well before the last games.

It's going to be City by 15 points plus every year while Sky et al try and pretend it's interesting watching someone walk the league then spend another few hundred million and then doing the same over and over again.  

8 hours ago, Razoray said:

Has the cup success glossed over an ordinary season? They look more organised and leak less goals but they also score less. Is Tuchel as good an appointment as we are being led to believe? Obviously if they win the CL they are proved right but they could also end up with no silverware and Europa league next year

If they buy a good goalscorer they'll be a proper force next season. 

8 hours ago, Josef Svejk said:

They look vastly improved to me. But that may owe to my bias against fat Tory cunts who make German peados with comb overs look tolerable. 

I’m not convinced by Tuchel either. 

However, Lumpard was making a right pigs ear of it & has inherited a good squad.

No doubt he’s done well so far, but IMO, they were always going to improve and it wasn’t going to be that difficult to look good. 

It’s no surprise that while the rest of the big boys couldn’t significantly strengthen last year, the two clubs who did are in the CL Final.

I said a few pages back, this is the worst CL season I can remember, there has been nothing notable about it. La Liga is poor, Seria A is poor, apart from Bayern and PSG, those leagues are poor...

If we’d have faced Real Madrid with a fully fit squad, we’d have knocked them out as well. 

11 hours ago, Razoray said:

He's clearly a better coach \ manager than lampard is \ was. lampard struggled at Derby, he was out of his depth in the PL.

Im not here defending Tuchel but, if people cannot see chelsea will be a more organised side and tactically, they have someone who's head and shoulders over lampard, we've just got a circular argument.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

He's clearly a better coach \ manager than lampard is \ was. lampard struggled at Derby, he was out of his depth in the PL.

Im not here defending Tuchel but, if people cannot see chelsea will be a more organised side and tactically, they have someone who's head and shoulders over lampard, we've just got a circular argument.

Oh I agree he is better than Lampard. Of course he is but Tuchel is on a pedestal with Klopp and Pep at the moment and he hasn't deserved it in my opinion, yet. 

5 hours ago, Chairman Meow said:

Over the next few years I reckon it's going to be over well before the last games.

It's going to be City by 15 points plus every year while Sky et al try and pretend it's interesting watching someone walk the league then spend another few hundred million and then doing the same over and over again.  

The league is heading towards SPL levels but everyone is happy Liverpool aren't/won't be winning it as that's the narrative being spun by a manc twat and an Uncle Tom.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Razoray said:

It’s the modern fans mentality to think it’s a good/ appointment based on one game. ( the CL final) Or to jump to criticism after a defeat. They have improved a lot and the first 24 league games is hardly giving him time to implement methods. 

3 hours ago, Razoray said:

Oh I agree he is better than Lampard. Of course he is but Tuchel is on a pedestal with Klopp and Pep at the moment and he hasn't deserved it in my opinion, yet. 

I agree he isnt on a pedestal of such luminary colleagues. Even Di Matteo won chelsea their only CL win so yes, he has some way to go.

9 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Blatant dive by the Pigeon rewarded with a free kick by Atkinson.

The twat's face is permanently stuck with the same look given by sulky teenagers the world over when their mum tells them to get off the Xbox and come down for dinner.

9 minutes ago, magicrat said:

Hinchcliffe is fucking awful. I just hate his faux urgent delivery where he pretends he has something very important to say that everyone must listen to. Just fuck off you cunt. 

Yeah, he's another blue who has managed to get a career as a pundit despite the club winning fuck all for 26 years. There are loads of them - disproportionate their actual success.

But get High Horse FC onto the Liverpool Media!