You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football - 2020/21

WhiskeyJar

4 hours ago, Jairzinho said:

I think it's fantastic for English football that the team at the top of the table are experimenting, with their reserves, with a formation seemingly half of them don't understand, against probably the second best team in the league. 

It's a great watch. One team doesn't want the ball and the other one has one midfielder. 

And it's live. 

City with 9 outfield players that didn't start v PSG. Today's XI cost £517m. You can see why Barca and Real are panicking 

10 hours ago, Razoray said:

City with 9 outfield players that didn't start v PSG. Today's XI cost £517m. You can see why Barca and Real are panicking 

So should everybody else be but it only seems us who are bothered.

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, dave u said:

Theres absolutely no way we win all of our games. In fact, based on the last four months it's more likely that we win none of them.

We had a really bad period lasting 11 games from the 17th of January until the 7th of March, we only got 10 points from those 11 games. 

Apart from that period we have 47 points from 23 games, in our last 6 league games we have four wins and two draws. Our form is not bad at all, thats above our points average from our season excluding that poor 11 game period. 

Leicester last six games have seen them lose three, draw one ond won two. 

I think our chance is pretty good, we can even do it with one loss in our remaining games, but realisticly I hink we need four wins and a draw. 

706403FB-F348-42FE-8732-B6E8ABFF2E76.jpeg

C6391D95-48DE-4823-BE36-84DCCAC9C3E6.jpeg

F8E7A426-C5EC-4EB4-B78C-80F34AFD6CB5.jpeg

4 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Pathetic short-term thinking has been fucking the world over since time immemorial; why would football be any different? Chairmen and executives from those outfits will be running around with their sob-stories when the end result is declining interest, less money and shattered clubs, but no-one influential enough will set the record straight, least of all a media who’ll keep sucking blood until there’s none left to draw.

4 hours ago, Scott_M said:

they made a mockery of FFP who would have though Uefa would bend over and take it, everyone that’s who. Imagine how much money changed hands there. These cunt clubs and fans would be happy seeing City win everything as long as the Tv revenue stays the same. 

2 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

United dropping points today is probably the best scenario for us as they’ll be less likely to phone it in against Leicester.

Not that there’s ever a bad time for them to drop points. 

Anytime where we’ve really needed them to take points off someone they have spectacularly failed and were royally bummed. 13/14 and 18/19 city absolutely wiped the floor with them at OT.

The mancs have Fulham at home in their last home game of the season, before finishing at Wolves three days before the EL final. 

It would obviously be amazing if they lose three in a row now, but I feel they have got a get out of jail for free card there. 

9 minutes ago, Code said:

The mancs have Fulham at home in their last home game of the season, before finishing at Wolves three days before the EL final. 

It would obviously be amazing if they lose three in a row now, but I feel they have got a get out of jail for free card there. 

Agreed.

skysports-manchester-united_4861217.jpg

23 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

United dropping points today is probably the best scenario for us as they’ll be less likely to phone it in against Leicester.

Not that there’s ever a bad time for them to drop points. 

I was thinking the opposite, if they win they still mathematically have a chance of the league so can't phone it in against Leicester

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, fungus said:

I was thinking the opposite, if they win they still mathematically have a chance of the league so can't phone it in against Leicester

I was more thinking that they won’t want to drop behind Leicester and Chelsea. I’ll admit that I’m clutching at microscopic straws at this stage. 

2 minutes ago, Tj hooker said:

I just detest Utd never want to see them win even a raffle 

Of course, but they aren't winning this league - we are not a threat to them for anything, so keeping them in with some hope v Leicester could help us.

Be interesting actually to see what they do, because if they play reserves/rest loads when mathematically they could still win title and put a bit of pressure on the cheats, then they are going to surely get dogs abuse for it.

2 minutes ago, an tha said:

Of course, but they aren't winning this league - we are not a threat to them for anything, so keeping them in with some hope v Leicester could help us.

Be interesting actually to see what they do, because if they play reserves/rest loads when mathematically they could still win title and put a bit of pressure on the cheats, then they are going to surely get dogs abuse for it.

Fair point 

3 hours ago, Code said:

We had a really bad period lasting 11 games from the 17th of January until the 7th of March, we only got 10 points from those 11 games. 

Apart from that period we have 47 points from 23 games, in our last 6 league games we have four wins and two draws. Our form is not bad at all, thats above our points average from our season excluding that poor 11 game period. 

Leicester last six games have seen them lose three, draw one ond won two. 

I think our chance is pretty good, we can even do it with one loss in our remaining games, but realisticly I hink we need four wins and a draw. 

706403FB-F348-42FE-8732-B6E8ABFF2E76.jpeg

C6391D95-48DE-4823-BE36-84DCCAC9C3E6.jpeg

F8E7A426-C5EC-4EB4-B78C-80F34AFD6CB5.jpeg

You can't just exclude an 11 game chunk of the season and say "apart from that we've been sound". It's 11 games, basically three months! 

• Upvote 5