You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football - 2020/21

WhiskeyJar

10 hours ago, Judge said:

One year ago I expected us to beat City, Chelsea and any other team in the world. 

Now the gap from us up to City and Chelsea is so huge that it is absolutely devestating.

Chelsea today; the pressing, the guts, the skills, the pace - very impressive. We were just like that, then we lost it all completely. 

So much of it lies with the CB's.  It's the boring answer but the last two days have proven it. Dias and Rudiger were essential to their wins, but also essential to the work of Kante and Fernandinho, which in turn is essential to feeding the forwards.  

Chelsea played with five defenders and two defensive mids last night.  We have three CBs and a defensive mid out injured for the season. 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, ben48 said:

You watch these Sky twats now, “ this proves that the prem is the best league in the world” whist conveniently forgetting the millions spent, and the fact that the Allardice clones plotting next season’s campaign with 37 draws I win to keep them in the league, park the bus and destroy football.

There you go Carragher in the Daily Star “ Barca and Real are desperate for the super league because they are afraid of what the Prem has to offer,”  yeah Burnley on a Wednesday night, and the ball coming back down with snow on it. 

6 minutes ago, ben48 said:

There you go Carragher in the Daily Star “ Barca and Real are desperate for the super league because they are afraid of what the Prem has to offer,”  yeah Burnley on a Wednesday night, and the ball coming back down with snow on it. 

Dont know what it is with Spit. He seems particularly vocal and allegedly, the font of all knowledge on the ills of football and how to right them these last few weeks.

4 hours ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

So much of it lies with the CB's.  It's the boring answer but the last two days have proven it. Dias and Rudiger were essential to their wins, but also essential to the work of Kante and Fernandinho, which in turn is essential to feeding the forwards.  

Chelsea played with five defenders and two defensive mids last night.  We have three CBs and a defensive mid out injured for the season. 

I completely agree. Stick VVD and Konaté / Gomez / Matip / Kabak (?) back in the side next season and watch us start smothering teams to death again. 

Fabinho being available in the middle and hopefully Hendo being back will be equally important. 

I don’t doubt we need an injection of quality to pick us back off, but I still have high hopes on what we can achieve next season. 

1 hour ago, halewood pete said:

Haven't read any other threads,but has anyone seen that Scott Carson could win a second champions league medal at the same ground

Second or Third choice goalie at a top club is the sort of wheeze dreamed about by elite grifters everywhere. That Stuart Taylor was at Man City for years on about a million a year. A million a year to basically be a glorified training cone!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Geoff Woade said:

Second or Third choice goalie at a top club is the sort of wheeze dreamed about by elite grifters everywhere. That Stuart Taylor was at Man City for years on about a million a year. A million a year to basically be a glorified training cone!

It's my dream gig, I'm not going to lie.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Geoff Woade said:

If only Brad Jones was aware he did not have to be a glorified training cone in actual matches.

47 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

This makes too much sense surely?

I'd imagine the owners of the Ataturk stadium would be pissed if that happens. They've spent a fair bit of money on stadium improvements and surrounding infrastructure, and last year's final was already moved from Istanbul to Lisbon as UEFA set up that mini tournament to get around the Covid issue.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Trumo said:

I'd imagine the owners of the Ataturk stadium would be pissed if that happens. They've spent a fair bit of money on stadium improvements and surrounding infrastructure, and last year's final was already moved from Istanbul to Lisbon as UEFA set up that mini tournament to get around the Covid issue.

You mean they’ve finally finished it? 

I’d assume they can move it back another season?

Lets face it, given the current situation and rules on travel, it would be absolutely crazy to make supporters go there.

They should keep moving the CL away from Istanbul until we get there again!

Apparently they can’t play it at Wembley because the play off finals are that weekend, but surely they could just move those to Spurs, Arsenal or West Ham?

If Arsenal qualify tonight, the EL should be held in the UK as well.

Thank god the good guys helped save football....

Martyn Ziegler
@martynziegler

NEW: Man City set to get ticket allocation of more than 4,000 for Champions League final in Istanbul (where, btw the authorities are very confident it will go ahead with 25,000 spectators):

42 minutes ago, Stickman said:

Martyn Ziegler
@martynziegler

NEW: Man City set to get ticket allocation of more than 4,000 for Champions League final in Istanbul (where, btw the authorities are very confident it will go ahead with 25,000 spectators):

heavy_asterisk_u2731_icon_256x256.png&f=

1 hour ago, magicrat said:

Who the fuck is this woman on comms with Darke doing the Arse game ?

Jesus she makes Hoddle seem interesting.  

That’ll be Karen Carney 

she could cure insomnia 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Stickman said:

Martyn Ziegler
@martynziegler

How can they be confident of 25k, they don’t come out of lockdown until the 17th?

Surely even if they played this at another London ground or Cardiff, they could do 25k as well.

I see Chelsea & Leicester have only received 6250 each for the FA Cup Final at Wembley.