You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football - 2020/21

WhiskeyJar

God, the puff pieces are out in force, this is just the Guardian. I haven't read any of them as I've not long had my breakfast, but I did laugh at the Jamie Jackson title- presumably the entire article is, 'he spent hundreds of millions on top of the hundreds of millions already spent'.

image.png

1 hour ago, Mudface said:

God, the puff pieces are out in force, this is just the Guardian. I haven't read any of them as I've not long had my breakfast, but I did laugh at the Jamie Jackson title- presumably the entire article is, 'he spent hundreds of millions on top of the hundreds of millions already spent'.

image.png

Nauseating isn’t it? Worst of all is the Guardian, the home of lefty-liberal outrage, but they’re so far up the arse of a club owned by a misogynistic, homophobic, brutally repressive regime they’re out sight. 

• Upvote 1

Guardiola is going with his second first XI today. Can rely on the first first XIers from the bench if it's not going to plan. 

When you look at their line up and bench today it makes you ask what's the point anymore and makes you realise what an absolutely monumental achievement winning the league last season was. It also raises the question of whether our drop off a cliff this season is due to both injuries and the monumental efforts that we're needed to beat a team effectively playing on cheat mode. 

• Upvote 8

42 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Guardiola is going with his second first XI today. Can rely on the first first XIers from the bench if it's not going to plan. 

When you look at their line up and bench today it makes you ask what's the point anymore and makes you realise what an absolutely monumental achievement winning the league last season was. It also raises the question of whether our drop off a cliff this season is due to both injuries and the monumental efforts that we're needed to beat a team effectively playing on cheat mode. 

Yet no one seems to mind them and no one really gives Klopp and players any credit. 

Last year was basically put down to them being shit and us having tons of favourable decisions as well as the title being forced through just so we could win it, even though we were 20 odd points ahead of them before the league stopped.

Just as long as it's not Liverpool, that all that matters to the rest of the brainwashed twats.

It will take probably 20 years for Man City to be hated like us and Man Utd.

Largely nobody is arsed about them as they don't have any fans outside of their local areas really.

Us and Man Utd have fans all over the land and this is a big driver in the hatred that exists for us both.

In workplaces, pubs etc all over the land supporters of local teams have to put up with those glory hunting whopper supporters who follow us and Man Utd and who rub fans of their local teams noses in it about how shite they are and how great us and Man Utd are.

This creates real resentment amongst those who support their local teams.

Imagine being a born and bred lad from Southampton for example and getting it down the banks from some lad you grew up with and went to school with who is a Man Utd fan or a Liverpool fan - this is a big driver in the hatred for us.

When i moved to London in 2006 i remember meeting a West Ham fan at work - proper 30 year season ticket holder, home and away every week and he said to me as we talked footy:

"Fuck me an actual scouse Liverpool fan....this office is fucking full of Liverpool and man utd fans and they are all London/Essex lads, i hate it - they should support a London club and it pisses me off no end when they have pops at me after they have beat West Ham - cunts, It is worse with Man Utd than your lot, but your lot are bad too"

Must be scores of people all over the country especially in smaller towns with small clubs who feel same.

I have heard some absolute fucking bell ends at work giving it the big one about us and Man Utd to Spurs and Arsenal fans and it makes me cringe as i know from talking with them they never go the match and also i know from talking to them they have no connection to us or Man Utd - simply glory hunters in many cases.

Man City just don't have these fans all over the land so fans of other clubs don't hate them as they aren't subjected to them gloating, taking the piss and talking shite at them.

It will change if Man City dominate for a long time...My lad is 11 and he says there are two Man City fans in his class at school - i know from speaking with their parents that they are not Mancs and the one lad openly said to my lad "I support Man City because they are the best team"....this will grow and become more prevalent across the country and when it does then fans of other clubs will start being bothered about them - but it will take a long time.

And of course as it stands all those people who hate us and Man Utd are happy that Man City have come along and stopped us and the other mancs winning things.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Just checked the line up.... even with rotation, their defence cost £210m. 

1 hour ago, Nelly-Torres said:

I mean we were top at Christmas. Our collapse has been absolutely spectacular and there’s a multitude of factors to it. It’ll be hard to get that aura and momentum back but it’s possible.

18 minutes ago, DaveT said:

Just checked the line up.... even with rotation, their defence cost £210m. 

It's confusing, City look half-arsed about this PL fixture which could all but secure their title.  Palace also at pedestrian pace.  

City saving their best players for the CL. 

That's ESL signatory Man City, now celebrated saviour of the PL Man City, giving zero shits about using their best players in a PL title-decider match.

The game has been a massive pile of shit.  It also goes to show how City are still massively reliant on the fitness of three players.  De Bruyne, Walker, Gundogan.  All just seems flat without them.  

From a lad online,nailed it.

Name another side in world football who can rest 7 players who just played in a Champs League game, bring in 7 others valued at over £500m, and win comfortably 2-0 in a league game.

Imagine thinking this is a level playing field and some incredible achievement. It's ridiculous.

• Upvote 2

It’s like Rogers last full season. We didn’t even have to achieve anything to get top 4, just beat absolute shite at home and a few draws away from home and we’d be sitting pretty. Even that has been beyond us. Sighs all round.

8 hours ago, Nelly-Torres said:

And we had to pick ourselves up to win pl after giving them the fright of their life the year before. 

2 hours ago, niallers said:

Some superb finishing and set piece prowess there. It's a pity he just cant seem to break into our squad. Think his lack of pace and physicality was never going to make him the type of forward player Klopp usually fancies.

Just have to hope we get a very decent fee for him based on his exploits this season. This hattrick should help.