You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football - 2020/21

WhiskeyJar

4 minutes ago, magicrat said:

Ah but I missed out the bit about the payback lasting for 10 seasons . 

Still worth it.

I wanted to see us win the league and at times it felt like it would never happen, a nice little European cup chucked in as well.

• Upvote 2

I, quite happily, would share the title with City throughout this decade. Now we have that 19th title after being stuck on 18 for so long was just the fucking ultimate for me.

I always remember an exchange between a Liverpool fan and a Manc twat in the mid 2000s on a YouTube video about how they'll never beat 18+5. The Manc cunt replied with "18+5. You'll never change that".

I wonder how many nights the cunt has cried himself to sleep. Prick.

This team will be back fighting for the title again next season with a few additions and some deadwood being shipped out.

15 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

The Europa League is one of those things you're happy as a fan if your team wins it, but it means fuck all if your rival wins it. United could win the Europa League every year for all I care. 

If we finish 4th and there's two all-English European finals then having the red mancs win is the lesser of two evils.

As funny as it'll be watching both Manchester teams lose, if Chelsea and arsenal both win it then we will get our champions league place taken off us by the cockney cunts. 

1 hour ago, Preston Red said:

I, quite happily, would share the title with City throughout this decade. Now we have that 19th title after being stuck on 18 for so long was just the fucking ultimate for me.

I always remember an exchange between a Liverpool fan and a Manc twat in the mid 2000s on a YouTube video about how they'll never beat 18+5. The Manc cunt replied with "18+5. You'll never change that".

I wonder how many nights the cunt has cried himself to sleep. Prick.

This team will be back fighting for the title again next season with a few additions and some deadwood being shipped out.

The last two seasons have been outstanding and due to Klopp we have punched above our weight imo. You have un-realistic expectations if you think we are on a par with City . United and probably Chelsea are on an upward curve and currently ahead of us.  

18 minutes ago, magicrat said:

The last two seasons have been outstanding and due to Klopp we have punched above our weight imo. You have un-realistic expectations if you think we are on a par with City . United and probably Chelsea are on an upward curve and currently ahead of us.  

Nah. I love Jurgen but in my opinion, it was all about getting the right manager in with the right ambition at the right time. I dont think we'll fall to pieces just because Jurgen leaves. It's got to be remembered while Jurgen had had success in Germany his teams had kind of flatlined.

If (yeah ok!) the next managerial selection is right, Im not saying we'll go one and win shitloads of titles but we'll certainly there or thereabouts.

I think someone on here claimed Tuchel was a 'fraud' when he got the chelsea job. Each to their own but his record is there to see and he was clearly not just head and shoulders above fwank, but on a bleeding step ladder. chelsea will be a threat now they have a manager who's at least tactically aware.

Similarly, that fucking gimp at united is just like fwank. He hasnt a clue. Yeah, if his team get to play arsenal in the Europa League Final, they'll probably win it. Against Emery, Im not so sure.

While united have that gimp stays as manager, I dont see them winning the Premier League any time soon.

City are always going to win the European Cup at some point, you literally can’t spend this sort of money and not win it . The fact that they will probably do it for the first time in a stadium with no fans is  the best you can hope for . A major part of Liverpool winning in 77 and 05. was that fans trek in getting there, the emotions that went with it and the players sharing that special moment with them . Personally three of my brothers went over to Rome to watch it and the tales they have told me are what makes it even more special .

I know the media and their new fans won’t care but for proper fans of any club going abroad for a European Final are what football memories are all about so fuck em they’ve become w soulless club so it’s kinda apt they should maybe win it this soulless way 

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, Stickman said:

City are always going to win the European Cup at some point, you literally can’t spend this sort of money and not win it . The fact that they will probably do it for the first time in a stadium with no fans is  the best you can hope for . A major part of Liverpool winning in 77 and 05. was that fans trek in getting there, the emotions that went with it and the players sharing that special moment with them . Personally three of my brothers went over to Rome to watch it and the tales they have told me are what makes it even more special .

I know the media and their new fans won’t care but for proper fans of any club going abroad for a European Final are what football memories are all about so fuck em they’ve become w soulless club so it’s kinda apt they should maybe win it this soulless way 

I agree. Going to Rome in 84 was magical. Even the old girl came along and the camaraderie on the coach there and back was something else.

Out of the cunt clubs left, Id plummed for PSG to win it but Ive a sneaky feeling chelsea's name might just be on it even if they end up playing city. I worry that UEFA will let some fans in to the final (I think they have said they will let some fans in) so Im not sure we can cling to the fact if city (or even chelsea) win it, there wont be any of their fans there. I just hope UEFA dont switch the final if 2 English clubs reach it. Turkey's in a dark place with the virus right now so hopefully they dont switch the final and no city and chelsea fans can go see.

Bit of a cunt's view but fuck me, the shit those 2 sets of fans threw at us with null and void last season, well, I see it a bit like glen hoddle's 'karma.' Fuck em!

7 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

I agree. Going to Rome in 84 was magical. Even the old girl came along and the camaraderie on the coach there and back was something else.

Out of the cunt clubs left, Id plummed for PSG to win it but Ive a sneaky feeling chelsea's name might just be on it even if they end up playing city. I worry that UEFA will let some fans in to the final (I think they have said they will let some fans in) so Im not sure we can cling to the fact if city (or even chelsea) win it, there wont be any of their fans there. I just hope UEFA dont switch the final if 2 English clubs reach it. Turkey's in a dark place with the virus right now so hopefully they dont switch the final and no city and chelsea fans can go see.

Bit of a cunt's view but fuck me, the shit those 2 sets of fans threw at us with null and void last season, well, I see it a bit like glen hoddle's 'karma.' Fuck em!

Hope you’re right and they don’t let them have any fans over there but even a couple of thousand isn’t the same as no doubt the majority will be the “UEFA family” , Even  that will be shite compared to the mass exodus you have leaving from airports on the day that is all over the news and sort of adds to the whole occasion . 
I mean let’s be honest you wouldn’t watch the whole of the 2019 final but I do still watch the 15 minute YouTube highlights of that day and the Liverpool fans in Plaza Felipe II square 

But all things being equal I hope they both go out next week although I do think City are through already 

13 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

Ramadan breaks, that's a new one.

Leicester did it in their last game too. It allows the Muslim players (defender Fofana is one) to take on water because their faith doesn't allow them to break their fast by consuming anything until the sun sets.

21 minutes ago, LFC 6 Times said:

We should sign Ward-Prowse as a Wij replacement. He’s a great player.

Good shout be great to have a player that’s so good from corners and free kicks.

his corners would be worth 15million alone........ where did I hear that before?!?