You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football - 2020/21

WhiskeyJar

I think they'll make a go for the super league again within a year, just get fans and media on board next time.  A few small changes such as guaranteed 20 euro tickets for 10 years, and a certain % of games on free to air would go a long way to that. 

The traditional big english clubs, italian and spanish clubs will realise that the longer they wait the stronger the oil money gets, and the smaller they get.  

6 minutes ago, KevieG said:

I think they'll make a go for the super league again within a year, just get fans and media on board next time.  A few small changes such as guaranteed 20 euro tickets for 10 years, and a certain % of games on free to air would go a long way to that. 

The traditional big english clubs, italian and spanish clubs will realise that the longer they wait the stronger the oil money gets, and the smaller they get.  

The way the other fans are carrying on may do a lot of the work for them! Ownership rules and changing the culture of the PL lasted a day at best - now they all demand punishment. 

1 hour ago, KevieG said:

Im not certain they could do. With each national leagues and lesser clubs seemingly amending their rules to chuck out clubs even talking about forming new competition, it will be a huge game of brinkmanship.

The clubs, in the PL at least, would have to bring a successful legal case that rules about new competition was restrictive and couldnt be used to prevent them talking about such competitions leading to expulsion.

Of course you can never say 'never' but I think it is highly unlikely for the forseeable future myself.

3 hours ago, Stickman said:

Just when you thought Lineker couldn't be more of a prick

A cross into the box that somehow Navas let's into the net, a free kick that the wall should block. City played well in the second half when PSG just lost their heads but to suggest it's one of the best ever European performances? Get to fuck jughead.

59 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

A cross into the box that somehow Navas let's into the net, a free kick that the wall should block. City played well in the second half when PSG just lost their heads but to suggest it's one of the best ever European performances? Get to fuck jughead.

I think the fault on that goal lay with the defenders in front of him. He couldn't commit to going for the ball on that side because any deflection could have sent it the other way and left him horribly wrong-footed. Once it bypassed everyone like that, he couldn't cover the ground in time. For the second, the ball found its way through a miniscule gap in the wall. We've had numerous very similar instances in games where the same flighted ball in was dealt with by the defenders, and the same free kick attempt has simply hit the wall.

15 hours ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

Our achievement the two previous seasons can not be overstated. Two consecitive seasons with a points tally like that, and beating those cheats in the second one, is an unreal achievement and probably took more out of the team mentally and physically than we realized. 

They were phenomenal and are Liverpool legends but I still think Klopp’s going to have to find out if they’ve all still got the same hunger and desire to be successful here.

15 hours ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

Our achievement the two previous seasons can not be overstated. Two consecitive seasons with a points tally like that, and beating those cheats in the second one, is an unreal achievement and probably took more out of the team mentally and physically than we realized. 

This.

Imagine the letdown when Covid hit - best team in the world, cruising towards the holy grail with the knowledge of the bedlam that will occur - picturing the parade in your head...

1 minute ago, TheHowieLama said:

This.

Imagine the letdown when Covid hit - best team in the world, cruising towards the holy grail with the knowledge of the bedlam that will occur - picturing the parade in your head...

Will hurt us all forever IMO...after all the near misses, pain like 2014 when we looked like finally it was ours again and then wallop.

All the years of scratching around watching the fucking manc bastards win it over and over again - watching Leicester and Blackburn win it...all the years of just never being close to being good enough  - a holy grail that just seemed to always be out of our reach.

Then finally at long, long last we are on for it and a fucking pandemic stops the world effectively.....3 months or whatever it was of waiting and wondering if will get to finish job off and then when we did finally get to it is all in soulless, empty stadiums - no fans for trophy presentation, no outpouring of emotion from stands to players and Klopp, no basking in the adulation and appreciation of us fans for the players, no spine tingling YNWA in front of an emotional Kop, no hugging with and celebrating with the lads or lasses sitting next to you  - no parade...no days on the ale celebrating with our mates and families etc.

Just shite, our fucking timing and luck is fucking lousy.

All that said you'd like to think it would make all involved all the more determined to go and win it again when crowds are back and to have all the things that come with it.

OK it may not be exactly same as would have been, but still....

Or other side of coin is it becomes a monkey on our backs like the drought was - the desperation to win it again and celebrate/enjoy it properly becomes a new weight.

Cavani dropping into the hole is the main worry on sun. He "won" the foul in the cup game there in Jan for the winner by doing that when fab sneezed on him and he's after playing a fabulous ball for Fernandes just now off a 3rd man run. 

I say main worry in that it's the main one from them. We give my poor nerves plenty to worry bout on our own. Cunts all

17 minutes ago, niallers said:

Cavani dropping into the hole is the main worry on sun. He "won" the foul in the cup game there in Jan for the winner by doing that when fab sneezed on him and he's after playing a fabulous ball for Fernandes just now off a 3rd man run. 

I say main worry in that it's the main one from them. We give my poor nerves plenty to worry bout on our own. Cunts all

Hopefully the mancs rest everybody on Sunday.

If we win on Sunday, do we hand Citeh the title?