You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football - 2020/21

WhiskeyJar

9 minutes ago, Elite said:

Anyone going to watch the league cup final?

The weakest trophy of the bunch but was still interesting until City's cheating and easy draws completely sucked the life out of it.

Hope Spurs win. Somehow.

Nope. In fact the only game I’m definitely going to watch for the rest of this season is the u18s FA youth cup match on Friday. Yesterday’s just about done me in and most games I’ve watched this season not involving us have been utter dross anyway 

Was watching Burnley earlier on, no sound on, silence.  It's a good way to analyse the game, just watching without distraction.  Anyway, I can't decide what I think about their style.  They seem unplayable at times, all players ganging up on the he opposition, hunting in two's or three's, everyone back behind the ball when defending, then everyone pushing up.  They practically play with two full backs on each side, and four or five packing the centre when defending, and then leaving two up top to win aerial balls and hold the ball up to build attacks.  But 39 games in total across all comps.

Their record in the league include:

Palace (2 wins)

Arsenal (1 win 1 draw)

Wolves (2 wins)

Liverpool

Villa (1 win 1 draw)

Everton (1 win 1 draw)

But to my eye they're dirty, they should have way more fouls given against them for being overly physical, and yet this season they have only committed 340 fouls.  By comparison, we have committed 334 fouls. The likes of Chelsea, United, City have fouled more.  Even the likes of Fulham, Southampton, Leicester, Villa, Wolves, Brighton are apparently dirtier than Burnley.

And yet, only 42 yellow cards.  Only three teams have been shown less yellows, and two of them are Liverpool and City as you might expect.  At the top of the table are the team I think most closely resemble Burnley's style, that being Sheffield United, who have 21 MORE cards than Burnley.

It makes no sense. 

7 minutes ago, LFC 6 Times said:

I really dislike Phil Foden. I guess that’s a good thing, becoming far too ambivalent about some opposition players.

I'm sure he's a little manc bellend and that haircut is just screaming "take a run up and knock me clean out" but he's some player. Terrifying how good he could become. 

Also, as we have all suspected, the refs give fuck all against us.  Liverpool awarded only 307 free kicks as a result of opposition fouls.  Second lowest in the league, behind Sheff Utd, who are likely bottom due to such little time on the ball. That's 9.5 free kicks we get each game compared to 15 per game for Villa. 

Top six dirty teams by fouls committed: 

1. Fulham 

2. Sheff Utd

3. Man Utd

4. Spurs

5. Brighton

6. Chelsea

Top six teams by yellow cards:

1. Sheff Utd

2. Newcastle 

3. Fulham

4. Villa

5. Man Utd

6. Leicester

Hmmm....

3 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Fuck me, Spurs name might just be on this trophy.

If it inexplicably happens, Ryan Mason will be the first English manager to win a major (!) trophy in this country since 2008, and the first to win this particular trophy since 2004. The last Englishman to manage the league champions pre-dates the Premier League era. The LMA would still insist that our lot are the elite of global coaching standards.

8 minutes ago, Tj hooker said:

90032718-a-man-giving-bribe-money-in-a-brown-envelope-to-another-businessman-in-a-corruption-scam.jpg

Yep.  They're the key, the weak link, and are totally protected from scrutiny.  It's much easier to be a ref on the take than it is to be an MP on the take.  And we know MPs are on the take, even when it's 'legal', it's declared on their register.  

Where is the referee register of interest? 

• Upvote 1

Tyler might well be a biased Man Utd loving cunt but I think his biggest fault is he's a fucking awful commentator. Just drones on and on about absolutely nothing without bringing a hint of joy or insight to the occasion 

It's amazing that Sky still employ him 

• Upvote 1

This game is just like the game earlier, and the game earlier, one team of half decent players trying to pass their way through an eleven man defence, the game as the one earlier totally fucked up by an incompetent referee and two idiots talking about the wonderful sky spectacle, it’s all fucking mundane garbage.