You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football - 2020/21

WhiskeyJar

Leicester had W.Brom tonight and they’ve got Southampton and Newcastle in their next two. After that though, their run in is the mancs, Chelsea and Tottenham, with the FA cup in the middle of those. Keep the gap to 5 points or so going into that last 3 and we’ve a decent chance as I can’t see them gaining much more than 3 points from those matches, personally.

Relies on us winning our games, like. Depressing and all. After getting spoiled the last couple of years to be back to fretting about others dropping points for CL places.

I'm almost certain Chelsea and Leicester will drop more points. I watched Chelsea v Brighton and Chelsea didn't even try to score. As others have said, they're both in cup competitions as well. 

However, I'm absolutely certain we'll drop points. We rarely string a decent 90 minutes together so the idea of multiple games is fanciful. 

We won't get 4th. Our finishing is just way to dogshit to consistently get 3 points. We are to finishing what Rolf Harris is to the art world.

Do you hear me Liverpool, you can't score for shit theres more chance of me scoring with Kelly Brook than you scoring more than the opposition at the weekend. I bet the Prime Ministers life on it!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Vincent Vega said:

How rich is this fella?

Edit - $4.5bn apparently, so at least not oil state rich.

Hearing he’ll insist on a shuffle button, so that if a game is boring he can quickly random things up by throwing Lacazette in goals, Leno in midfield and one of their ‘defenders’ up front. 

DAFE3CCA-1F0C-4304-A00F-D0DA8B3248E8.jpeg

NatMuller.jpg

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, Mark M said:

We needed to win against Leeds and today. 

The draw with Leeds wasn’t preferable but it wasn’t a knife in the kidneys. 

5 minutes ago, Elite said:

Don't do it to yourself. 

I know. I keep telling myself I’d accept 15/18 after Leeds and I genuinely think that would be enough. Win next Sunday and that would be potentially 16/18.

Chelsea have to play Leicester and Man City yet, Leicester have a stinking finish. I don’t feel it’s over because I think they’ll drop points, but it feel it’s a long way back right now. 

If we don’t qualify for the CL, I hope we avoid Europe altogether. 

4 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

The draw with Leeds wasn’t preferable but it wasn’t a knife in the kidneys. 

I know. I keep telling myself I’d accept 15/18 after Leeds and I genuinely think that would be enough. Win next Sunday and that would be potentially 16/18.

Chelsea have to play Leicester and Man City yet, Leicester have a stinking finish. I don’t feel it’s over because I think they’ll drop points, but it feel it’s a long way back right now. 

If we don’t qualify for the CL, I hope we avoid Europe altogether. 

It’s what we are currently doing and have been doing this season.
Look at the sides weve dropping points too this season and recently.
We are struggling to put 5/6 wins in a row for a good while. 

Mane being out of form is killing us. We can’t keep a clean sheet. 

Firmino offers no goals or assists.

If Salah or Jota don’t score we look toothless.

Our midfield has been lost this season even more with Hendos injury.

Just now, Mark M said:

It’s what we are currently doing and have been doing this season.
Look at the sides weve dropping points too this season and recently.
We are struggling to put 5/6 wins in a row for a good while. 

Mane being out of form is killing us. We can’t keep a clean sheet. 

Firmino offers no goals or assists.

If Salah or Jota don’t score we look toothless.

Our midfield has been lost this season even more with Hendos injury.

Yep, I can’t and won’t try to deny it - we’ve been completely & utterly infuriating in certain matches. 

Today and Monday being the prime examples. 

But, so have our Top 4 rivals.

After today, it does feel like a long way back and I absolutely can’t deny that.

However, Chelsea have a local

derby in between a CL semi, Man

City, Leicester and Villa who’ll have a crowd. 

Similarly, Leicester obviously have Chelsea but also have Man Utd and Spurs. 

As I said, he doesn’t look great from here but it didn’t look good for the mancs last season. 

I’m not saying it will happen, but if we win our games, which we can, it’s still possible.