You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football - 2020/21

WhiskeyJar

10 minutes ago, m0e said:

Doesn't that contradict your initial point?

Not really

I'm saying the injuries aren't a good enough excuse for us. Thet are part of the reason but poor form aswell. Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs have just been shite and not had the same things to deal with. 

6 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Not really

I'm saying the injuries aren't a good enough excuse for us. Thet are part of the reason but poor form aswell. Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs have just been shite and not had the same things to deal with. 

Yes. Hence our poor form this season.

Hence, the fact we're above 3 of those 4 is a decent feat, no?

I think we'll get top 4 now, and maybe even top 3. Once the Utd game is out of the way we've got relatively easy games against opposition with not all that much to play for. Our rivals for top 4 will meet several times over the coming weeks too.

I expect us to get 15 pts from our remaining 6 fixtures. That will land us on 68. I think only Leicester are capable of racking up the same amount, and their last 3 games are brutal. Chelsea have some really tough league games coming up too, as well as having CL Semi Finals and an Fa cup final to sandwich in between.

I actually think West Ham has the best chance to join us in the top 4 other than Leicester. I might be hoping for a draw in their game against Chesea on the 24th...

Yes, I’m sure the thought of the ESL was running through the players minds for that 45 mins in the second half when we turned to shit.  It also made Klopp pick a player who’s offered fuck all for three years stand ideally whilst every fucker could see we’d concede if something wasn’t changed and make some of the most baffling substitutions going that compounded our issues.

Saying all that in Klopp case if you’re going into a match where you need to make decisions on the fly and focus yet these gimps at Sky etc are allowed to question managers in general just before kickoff is a joke.  It’s not the first time they’ve questioned him about external things other than the actual match just to end up with him wound up.

• Downvote 1

6 hours ago, J-V said:

Yes, I’m sure the thought of the ESL was running through the players minds for that 45 mins in the second half when we turned to shit.  It also made Klopp pick a player who’s offered fuck all for three years stand ideally whilst every fucker could see we’d concede if something wasn’t changed and make some of the most baffling substitutions going that compounded our issues.

Saying all that in Klopp case if you’re going into a match where you need to make decisions on the fly and focus yet these gimps at Sky etc are allowed to question managers in general just before kickoff is a joke.  It’s not the first time they’ve questioned him about external things other than the actual match just to end up with him wound up.

What does this even mean. I'm guessing from your previous crusade towards him that you're talking about Firmino. Take a look at how we played against Real away from home (when you and others wanted him dropped to shoehorn Jota into the front three), and the contrast in pressing and team play in the return leg (and the first half here). 

We ARE a much better TEAM when Bobby plays, and Mane and Salah get way more chances their way when he plays. It's Bobby, Salah and Mane OR Jota for me if we're to continue down Klopp's path of high press/gegenpress.

A lot of our players ran out of gas on Monday. That's a worry, even if Leeds probably are the fittest team in the league. Hopefully it was because (Milner alluded to it) the Real game/experience took a lot out of us.

Bobby was on fumes in the 2nd half, and probably should have given way once we opted for the counter attacking approach. It was clearly visible that we lost even more of a footing in the game when he vacated the no 9 spot to Salah, though.

Anyway, negged (as always) for your crusade against one of our best players over the last 5 years.

• Upvote 1