You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football - 2020/21

WhiskeyJar

7 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Okay. They’re a brilliantly managed side that have a real chance of winning the title and the European Cup this season, you know, those competitions that we very nearly doubled up on in recent years.  Is that better?

Was more focusing on your Utd are an irrelevance nonsense. Utd are never an irrelevance when it comes to Liverpool.

2 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

I don't get it, though. You keep assuring us that Man United have been a very good team and that we've been terrible for a while, yet you have no idea how they've ended up above us? Seems like you're just confused.

I am, very. It’s been a fucking massive turn around in a relatively short space of time.

32 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

I'm not sure really because if we finish somewhere between 5th and 7th the big picture for next season will be trying to get into the top four. 

I can't see us getting near City. It would need VVD and at least one of Matip or Gomez to come back at the level they were previously, Firmino and Mane to both stay and get their form back, the owners to spend some money, etc, etc. I don't see it.

Of course we’ll struggle to catch City and Chelsea next season, but I don’t think we’ve too much to fear elsewhere. 

18 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

I am, very. It’s been a fucking massive turn around in a relatively short space of time.

An insane turnaround. I think the centreback injuries has been massive but it doesn't excuse some of the performances of players, often the team or even some managerial decisions. We dropped points to most of the bottom 6 sides where not one single player would make it into even our weakest side. Its been a shitshow on every level. We have to hope that this season is just an anomaly, everything hit us at once, its just going to be tough to rebuild that mentality with the players, they've lost that invincibility and unless we do something exciting in the transfer window I dont think "we go again" cuts the mustard.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

An insane turnaround. I think the centreback injuries has been massive but it doesn't excuse some of the performances of players, often the team or even some managerial decisions. We dropped points to most of the bottom 6 sides where not one single player would make it into even our weakest side. Its been a shitshow on every level. We have to hope that this season is just an anomaly, everything hit us at once, its just going to be tough to rebuild that mentality with the players, they've lost that invincibility and unless we do something exciting in the transfer window I dont think "we go again" cuts the mustard.

Aye. I’m 56 years of age and I’ve followed football since I was a child, I’ve never seen a turnaround like it. We’ve gone from being virtually unbeatable, tearing up all sorts of records and being touted as one of the greatest sides of all time to getting twatted at home by all manner of shite and wrestling with the likes of Everton for a sniff of one of the last CL places, all within the space of less than one season. It’s fucking mental and dare I say bizarre.

8 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

Aye. I’m 56 years of age and I’ve followed football since I was a child, I’ve never seen a turnaround like it. We’ve gone from being virtually unbeatable, tearing up all sorts of records and being touted as one of the greatest sides of all time to getting twatted at home by all manner of shite and wrestling with the likes of Everton for a sniff of one of the last CL places, all within the space of less than one season. It’s fucking mental and dare I say bizarre.

VAR, injuries to top player, no investment to replace injured superstar. Covid fuckery, no fans at anfield, Klopp mum dying etc. Hardly fucking bizarre is it. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

5 of the main players in that team were missing from that side pretty much the entire season, either completely, or from their proper positions.

4 of the 5 are starting every game, if fit.

That's more than a third of the starting line up.

On top of that, our fresh blood signings missed 3 months each.

How many times has that happened in your 57 years?

• Like 1

Hope this true . Kane out , Mophead in. 

Tottenhamboss Jose Mourinho is planning a possible reunion with former Belgium midfielder Marouane Fellaini by bringing him to Spurs. The 33-year-old, who worked under Mourinho at Manchester United, has been with Chinese club Shandong Luneng since leaving Old Trafford in 2019. (Voetball 24 via Su

1 hour ago, magicrat said:

Hope this true . Kane out , Mophead in. 

Tottenhamboss Jose Mourinho is planning a possible reunion with former Belgium midfielder Marouane Fellaini by bringing him to Spurs. The 33-year-old, who worked under Mourinho at Manchester United, has been with Chinese club Shandong Luneng since leaving Old Trafford in 2019. (Voetball 24 via Su

Then in January, Jose out.

Daniel Levy is almost always very shrew and calculated but as soon as Mourinho fluttered his eye-lids at him he dropped his pants like a Phuket brass. His days as a top level manager are gone. In-fact he is that toxic no owner should want anything to do with him. 

Maureen's been on the wane for almost a decade now. Only the dumbest, dumbest owner would give him a long-term gig at a top European side after this. The obscure far-east club/international team circuit is where he's headed next, I'd have thought.