You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football - 2020/21

WhiskeyJar

5 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

12 months ago, you wouldn't have put any of their players in our team. Maybe you could have questioned one or two as being close calls.

I do think that we have had a horrible season where everything goes wrong, 9-12 points imo lost to bad decisions, multiple injuries including the most important pound for pound player in the whole league out for the whole season, stalwarts out of form, lack of fans in the stadium, Jurgen losing his mum. United have a big squad with pretty much no injuries and lots of decisions going their way.

I still think next season will be between us and City. I think we will be a very different beast next year. Chelsea will be a danger to be fair, but I just don't see Ole's United win the league. One thing I will say is that they have a lot of very good players, so they aren't far off. United seem to have a younger age profile so I'd like us to address that this summer.

You may be right I'm slightly concerned we may have a stubbornness when it comes to change be it of players or the system, alongside owners who aren't really going to spend.

29 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

United win is probably best for us but I can't help but watch it and feel a bit depressed at how far we have fallen in such a short time. From miles away from us to being better. Fuck this year its shite.

They're not better than us . When big virg and the crowds come back , we'll be back to looking down at the cunts and laughing. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

We’ve gone from Champions to probably falling out of the top four. I’d say we’ve got our own problems in fairness. Utd are better than us, how the fuck did that happen?

Man United have nothing to do with our problems. They're an irrelevant secondary club in the world right now. They have a decent squad and seem to have a good morale in the squad. Congrats to them, they still aren't very good. They have an average points total. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Code said:

In Chelsea’s last seven PL games they have one loss, three draws and three wins. They have lost 9 out of the last 21 points availible.

Its not exactly like they are flying. 

The way people talk about them, you could think they had won every game under Tuchel. 

Yeah, I think the best thing you can say about Tuchel is that he is doing what any half-competent manager would with that squad. Replace Lampard with any middling European manager by early December, and given the nature of this season, they’re probably sitting in second by now.

3 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

We’ve gone from Champions to probably falling out of the top four. I’d say we’ve got our own problems in fairness. Utd are better than us, how the fuck did that happen?

First and foremost they were never as bad as some on here liked to believe nor was OGS a complete donkey.

They made some good signings and got Pogba back in his box. Players like Shaw and McGuire improved , Greenwood, McTominay and Henderson grabbed their chance whilst we on the other hand ran out of gas and hit a tree when our CB's went awol. 

36 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

I can’t see anything other than Thursday night football next season. I will be amazed if it’s not the case

I think if we finish 7th we get in to the Caramel Freddo Plaque. Fuck knows what day that is on. I think QVC might be showing it on Friday mornings at about 8:30am. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Man United have nothing to do with our problems. They're an irrelevant secondary club in the world right now. They have a decent squad and seem to have a good morale in the squad. Congrats to them, they still aren't very good. They have an average points total. 

Yeah, I never said they did I was simply making a point to illustrate how turd we have become

8 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

You may be right I'm slightly concerned we may have a stubbornness when it comes to change be it of players or the system, alongside owners who aren't really going to spend.

I love Gini, but signing the lad from Ajax as his long term replacement might be a good thing. Ideally keep them both, but if not it would be a shrewd signing. Love us to look at the likes of Tielemans ,Maddison or Grealish as well. Whoever we bring in this summer needs to be that quality. 

Sadio is still world class but I hope to God he sorts himself out before next season. He has been woeful for the last 3 or 4 months. Bobby hasn't been shite but he hasn't been the Bobby of 2 or 3 years ago. Mo is Mo. Jota has been a breath of fresh air, but ideally you would love us to have another menace brought in. You look at Cavani and if we had him this season we could genuinely be about 10 points better off. Possibly more. You think back to January and February and all those home games when we did everything but score and hard to not see if we had him up front we would not have had such a fall. 

9 minutes ago, magicrat said:

First and foremost they were never as bad as some on here liked to believe nor was OGS a complete donkey.

They made some good signings and got Pogba back in his box. Players like Shaw and McGuire improved , Greenwood, McTominay and Henderson grabbed their chance whilst we on the other hand ran out of gas and hit a tree when our CB's went awol. 

Be that as it may they were fucking light years behind us not 18 months ago, now they are comfortably better than us, it’s fucking bizarre.

1 minute ago, Captain Howdy said:

Be that as it may they were fucking light years behind us not 18 months ago, now they are comfortably better than us, it’s fucking bizarre.

Better than us because we have our 3 best centrebacks injured. 

• Upvote 1

We were a 9.5 last season, Manchester United were a 6.5/7. We’re a 4 this season and Manchester United are still a 6.5/7. 

We need to be doing a lot better than they’re doing to challenge for trophies again next season. 

They’re still an irrelevance to the bigger picture, though of course it isn’t helpful that  they’ll take a top four spot. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

We were a 9.5 last season, Manchester United were a 6.5/7. We’re a 4 this season and Manchester United are still a 6.5/7. 

We need to be doing a lot better than they’re doing to challenge for trophies again next season. 

They’re still an irrelevance to the bigger picture, though of course it isn’t helpful that  they’ll take a top four spot. 

Utd an irrelevance to the bigger picture? I think I’m pretty much done here

3 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

I'm not sure really because if we finish somewhere between 5th and 7th the big picture for next season will be trying to get into the top four. 

I can't see us getting near City. It would need VVD and at least one of Matip or Gomez to come back at the level they were previously, Firmino and Mane to both stay and get their form back, the owners to spend some money, etc, etc. I don't see it.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

Its a dramatic fall from grace for sure. I think Klopp had us playing out of our skins for two seasons and we perhaps over-achieved but we have been a pricked balloon since the turn of the year for sure.

I don't know what the huge outcry was on sky about their goal being disallowed. It was soft but still a foul. Bet if Sir Harry of England went down instead of Son there would have been fuck all said.  

Anyway good result for us I suppose. Ole is a detestable Rice Krispie looking cunt. 

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

Utd an irrelevance to the bigger picture? I think I’m pretty much done here

Okay. They’re a brilliantly managed side that have a real chance of winning the title and the European Cup this season, you know, those competitions that we very nearly doubled up on in recent years.  Is that better?

Just now, Captain Howdy said:

If say next September they lose Rashford and Fernandes for most if not all the season and have regular injuries to other key players, they would be in deep shit. There's no point in talking about them not getting decisions because they have always got more go their way than not, even if it seems to be crazy the last 2-3 years. 

Interesting Cavani seems to be taking not seeing his family really hard. No surprise there as these lads are only human, but as much as our lads love winning and love playing here, you can't help but think that Covid has really impacted the likes of Sadio being away from his nearest and dearest. I can imagine the money means jack shit when you could go months from seeing your parents, friends or siblings back in Africa or South America. After the 2-3 years these lads have put in, you can see how it's harder to get up for it, whereas the likes of City at least have a point to prove. 

I expect us bang up for it next season and if we aren't, then it's rotten wood that needs to be thrown out and the rebuild should happen sooner than I want.