You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football - 2020/21

WhiskeyJar

I wouldn't have minded a spurs win, be good to have them to have something to play for last game of the season v Leicester.

I think we've pretty much got to win 6 games out of the remaining 7 otherwise

3 minutes ago, Stickman said:

The sycophantic shite Tyler comes out with when sitting next to Neville when Utd are winning is vomit inducing . If I was a Spurs fan listening to those two I'd be pissed off 

It really is....'so Gary which of the current United first eleven would you like to spoon?'.

16 minutes ago, bizzle10 said:

Kane must surely want to leave Spurs to win trophies

Probably go to one of the manc clubs if does though.

Frankly i'd rather he stayed at Tottenham, as they are no threat for anything and he improves our rivals massively.

6 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

Todays results basically mean that its 6 teams going for 2 places. One advantage we sort of have is that we don't have to play any of those teams, whereas they will all take points odd each other. 

Aye. Isn’t it fucking surreal that we find ourselves here. It was only Christmas when we were talking about another title procession. Unreal

9 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

How the fuck has an Ole managed United become the second best team in the league. Aside from being officiated to a different standard.

Aside from being officiated to a different standard, which they definately have benefited from, they have lots of very good players. Also they haven’t had too many injuries to their best players.

When it comes to Solskjaer I have no reason to believe he’s as clueless as many on here like to believe. There is absolutely no reason to believe he’s a top manager either, far from it, but he seems to be able to keep the players fairly happy, and with the individual quality they have they will always get goals.

• Upvote 3

Just now, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

Aside from being officiated to a different standard, which they definately have benefited from, they have lots of very good players. Also they have haven’t had too many injuries to their best players.

When it comes to Solskjaer I have no reason to believe he’s as clueless as many on here like to believe. There is absolutely no reason to believe he’s a top manager, far from it, but he seems to be able to keep the players fairly happy, and with the individual quality they have they will always get goals.

He's like lampard, tactically inept. Good players, favourable VAR and ref decisions will get you so far, that's all. The last couple of percent is down to being an excellent manager. And he aint.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, etho said:

I wouldn't have minded a spurs win, be good to have them to have something to play for last game of the season v Leicester.

I think we've pretty much got to win 6 games out of the remaining 7 otherwise

Aye, let’s face it we ain’t beating Utd at Greyskull which means we have to win all our games. Don’t see us beating Leeds tbh, I can’t see anything other than Thursday night football next season. I will be amazed if it’s not the case

2 hours ago, Stickman said:

I agree with you regarding Chelsea I was only going on the number of points both of them have got at the minute and to be fair Chelsea were hindered by having Fat Frank for over half a season otherwise they could have been challenging City 

In Chelsea’s last seven PL games they have one loss, three draws and three wins. They have lost 9 out of the last 21 points availible.

Its not exactly like they are flying. 

The way people talk about them, you could think they had won every game under Tuchel. 

11 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

United win is probably best for us but I can't help but watch it and feel a bit depressed at how far we have fallen in such a short time. From miles away from us to being better. Fuck this year its shite.

12 months ago, you wouldn't have put any of their players in our team. Maybe you could have questioned one or two as being close calls.

I do think that we have had a horrible season where everything goes wrong, 9-12 points imo lost to bad decisions, multiple injuries including the most important pound for pound player in the whole league out for the whole season, stalwarts out of form, lack of fans in the stadium, Jurgen losing his mum. United have a big squad with pretty much no injuries and lots of decisions going their way.

I still think next season will be between us and City. I think we will be a very different beast next year. Chelsea will be a danger to be fair, but I just don't see Ole's United win the league. One thing I will say is that they have a lot of very good players, so they aren't far off. United seem to have a younger age profile so I'd like us to address that this summer.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

God I fucking detest Solksjaer , the cunts strutting about like a latter day Rinus Michels. Truly detest the cunt.......How the fucking hell did we end up back here so fucking soon.

In the grand scheme of things, they're doing nothing. They'll finish second and maybe win the Europa League. So what? Mourinho was doing that. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, 3 Stacks said:

In the grand scheme of things, they're doing nothing. They'll finish second and maybe win the Europa League. So what? Mourinho was doing that. 

We’ve gone from Champions to probably falling out of the top four. I’d say we’ve got our own problems in fairness. Utd are better than us, how the fuck did that happen?