You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football - 2020/21

WhiskeyJar

Leicester, Chelsea and WHU have very winnable fixtures over the next couple of weeks.

We need to beat Leeds and Newcastle and keep ourselves in there for when they all play each other in the last weeks.

Although not mathematically in our hands, I fully think if we win our games, it’ll be enough. 

Just now, Scott_M said:

Leicester, Chelsea and WHU have very winnable fixtures over the next couple of weeks.

We need to beat Leeds and Newcastle and keep ourselves in there for when they all play each other in the last weeks.

I’m sort of glad we’re playing Leeds away. We’ve been a better away side of late and their more impressive results have been away.

2 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Looking at the fixtures, we could be 4 points off with 3 games to play, going on the fact we have Leeds and away at mancs. Leicester have spurs Chelsea and United last three games...

West ham have Chelsea in 2 weeks and I still think they'll come up short, and Spurs are Spurs.

So it's in our hands if we can just be slightly less shit than the rest

7 minutes ago, joe_fishfish said:

Have to say, Jesse Lingard firing David Moyes' West Ham United into the Champions League is certainly one story I never saw coming.

The media narrative will be Ole put a fire in his backside to prove himself on loan rather than the question being asked why a clearly talented player has been generally awful for years - to be fair under Mourinho as well. 

Personally, I'd class Lindgard as being in the same class as Ox. Good players that can have spells where they are very good but by and large not good enough outside of being a bench option or squad filler for any team with designs of challenging for the biggest trophies.

11 minutes ago, etho said:

Looking at the fixtures, we could be 4 points off with 3 games to play, going on the fact we have Leeds and away at mancs. Leicester have spurs Chelsea and United last three games...

West ham have Chelsea in 2 weeks and I still think they'll come up short, and Spurs are Spurs.

So it's in our hands if we can just be slightly less shit than the rest

I’ve written that off already. Anything would be a bonus. 

9 minutes ago, Stickman said:

If we don't get top four (which I doubt we will) we’ll only have ourselves to blame as we should be about 10 - 15 points ahead of the likes of West Ham and Chelsea 

Losing 6 at home on the bounce doesnt help but we have been robbed of at least 6 points due to shite ref \ VAR decisions. In fact, Id say it's nearer 9 points. All makes a difference at the end of the day.