You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football - 2020/21

WhiskeyJar

29 minutes ago, Code said:

Leicester collapsed last season, Rodgers is not exactly known for delivering under pressure, it can certainly happen again. 

We are the second best team in the league, even with our current injuries. 

Sadly we had to play midfielders at the back for too long, we dont anymore. 

This is what happened to Leicester last season, they are already starting to slip up. 

Im not saying it will happen, but I would not be surprised if it did. 

7CAFEDE0-B906-4A34-AAAA-CB5BC50E69B9.jpeg

B60FA303-BE56-48AD-BFC4-91F6FFC2ED3F.jpeg

I’m not saying it won’t happen, I’m saying it’d take a lot for it to happen.

IMO, catching Leicester would leave virtually no margins for error. We can already write off at least 2 points at Old Trafford. 

If we were to catch Leicester, we’d likely need 7 wins and 1 draw for 3rd.

Again, not un-achievable, but certainly a stretch. 

I think 6 wins and 2 draws would be enough for 4th. 5 wins and 3 draws at a push. 

I will caveat this with that after the Crystal Palace 7-0 win, I full expected us to be wrapping the title up now, so what do I know?

I agree I don’t  think we’ll get top four either as I think we’ve left ourselves too much to do and I think we’ll eventually get caught out at the back 

It’s pretty bizarre  when you think of the points we’ve thrown away.I mean even we had won half of those games we’ve lost at home to shite teams we would be 5 points clear of Chelsea 

14 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

They're a sorry team are Brighton. Seem to play well every week and find a way to not win. 

Could have been a different story if Brighton got the stonewall penalty they should have got at 1-1.

AF34932C-D0BE-483F-8FC4-A206873A44BB.jpeg

• Upvote 1

"Same coach, different players."

Mourinho has tried to throw his players under the bus but surely this says more about his coaching than his team's ability? 

2 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

"Same coach, different players."

Mourinho has tried to throw his players under the bus but surely this says more about his coaching than his team's ability? 

He’s been a truely pathetic figure for quite a few years now. 

Is it too much to ask that Pep leaves in a year or two and Mourinho can have a go at City?

Any journalist worth their salt should ask ‘And as Spurs manager on £15 million a year, whose responsibility it is to field a Spurs team of players who can follow tactical instructions?’

Any British journalist, ‘ The enigmatic genius speaks, all hush’

18 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

Ashley is playing a dangerous game.

Not really, he doesn't give a fuck if they get relegated.

He figured out quite a long time ago that it didn't really make all that much difference investing in players when you have the parachute payments.

Getting promoted and spending very little is a good earner, if you stay up then excellent you get another season of extra cash, if you go down you get the parachute payments and most likely bounce back up again within a couple of seasons.

He's a horrible piece of shit and a massive cunt. But no matter what you think of him, he's pretty switched on when it comes to milking money out of something. 

• Upvote 2