You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football - 2020/21

WhiskeyJar

34 minutes ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

Lille beat PSG today to go 3 points clear at the top of the table. What a crazy season this is, just everywhere results are all over the place. Might see PSG spend 400m to finish 2nd.

Good to see Pochettino finally prove he's a winner.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Poster said:

Bruyne is such a twat, it’s that club that does it to them.

People talk about Mane and Salah going down easily but I can honestly say I’ve never seen any of our players try to get an opponent sent off 

With Abu Dhabi FC winning at Leicester, we've now officially been dethroned as league champions as we cannot catch their points tally. After winning a trophy, we've generally made a bit of a hash of retaining it. The last time we won a trophy back-to-back was in 1984!

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

Looking at their fixtures, I doubt we can afford anything less than seven wins and one draw if we’re to have a chance of finishing above Tottenham.

Eh?

Spurs have United, Everton, Villa and Leicester.

There is every chance they lose more than 6 points from their remaining games.

We can afford to lose 1 more in my opinion.

Just now, m0e said:

Eh?

Spurs have United, Everton, Villa and Leicester.

No chance they get more than 18 points from their remaining games.

We can afford to lose 1 more in my opinion.

Actually, I missed the Everton game - that could be tricky.

Villa and Leicester will be straightforward. United is the most likely candidate for dropped points, although I’d rather be in their position with the home fixture instead of ours with a trip to Old Trafford.

19 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

Villa and Leicester will be straightforward. United is the most likely candidate for dropped points, although I’d rather be in their position with the home fixture instead of ours with a trip to Old Trafford.

How did you work out that those 2 will be straightforward?

59 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

Looking at their fixtures, I doubt we can afford anything less than seven wins and one draw if we’re to have a chance of finishing above Tottenham.

Despite it mathematically not being so, I 100% think CL qualification is in our own hands. 

If we put a good run together, we’ll do it. 

All the other clubs play each other to often. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TheDrowningMan said:

Looks like you missed today's game too.

Little chance Spurs make 4th, in my opinion, irrespective of what we do. They're simply not good enough.

They've had enough time under Shitcoat now, with one of the best strikers in the world, and more than enough cover in each position.

13 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Despite it mathematically not being so, I 100% think CL qualification is in our own hands. 

If we put a good run together, we’ll do it. 

All the other clubs play each other to often. 

its between us and chelsea for 4th spot we can do it got a kind fixture list too.

Leicester are not home and dry either. That big Turkish grock is still in Turkey as he got covid on international duty. And the last three for them is Utd Away, Chelsea Away and Spurs home l. Not to mention Newcastle and West Brom who will be scrapping like fuck for points and West Ham next week. I'd expect them to win the Newcastle, West Brom and West Ham games still but any slip ups going into the last three and they'll be worried. 

Guest Alex_K

Levy is an absolute disaster. Squandered generational talents & unprecedented wealth over there with atrocious managerial decisions & pursuing the foolish white elephant that is the Hotspur stadium. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. He and Mourinho are made for each other.