You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football - 2020/21

WhiskeyJar

11 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Two more today so just the 34 goals in 36 games for Haaland this season. All pie in the sky for obvious oil-related reasons, but have to laugh at the idea touted a few times on here that he wouldn’t be suited to playing for us. Ridiculously talented kid.  Call me insane, but I reckon Jurgen would find a role for him. 

A striker scoring goals, would never catch on with us. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, elvis said:

When pep gets bored and fucks off , so will the trophy trail . 

Just like when sir Bob left , only he left with his head held ( justifiably) high.  

I’m not so sure, unfortunately. I reckon managers like Tuchel and Rodgers would easily keep winning domestic trophies for them. They’re playing with a stacked deck.

Hopefully Bayern will put them in their place in the semi-finals this year. Wouldn’t be hugely confident in Dortmund landing a globe on them, but who knows. 

Apart from us city have won everything domestically and if we don't win anything I hope it continues with city cleaning up as it will then dawn on all the other clubs cunt fans who cheered them on when they pipped us to the league that their clubs have no chance of winning anything. 

1 minute ago, Leyton388 said:

Apart from us city have won everything domestically and if we don't win anything I hope it continues with city cleaning up as it will then dawn on all the other clubs cunt fans who cheered them on when they pipped us to the league that their clubs have no chance of winning anything. 

They were all on at City "saving" football last year. Wonder who will save it the next few seasons while City keep winning everything?

Isaac hayden injury.png
Funny looking Stretcher.png

Some funny looking stretchers they have on the south coast!

Brighton now 2-0 up against Cabbage Head. If Scott Scotty Parker can get a few results with Fulham, this season could see the end of Allardyce and Bruce in one fell swoop. Who says this league season is a write-off?

1 hour ago, El Rojo said:

Two more today so just the 34 goals in 36 games for Haaland this season. All pie in the sky for obvious oil-related reasons, but have to laugh at the idea touted a few times on here that he wouldn’t be suited to playing for us. Ridiculously talented kid.  Call me insane, but I reckon Jurgen would find a role for him. 

I don't think anyone ever said he's not good enough or doesn't suit the style of play. 

What's been said at least by me is that him, Mane and Salah is a bizarre trio and they'd never pass each other the ball. People complain that Mane and Salah kind of avoid each other but then think a striker that wants to shoot on goal as much as possible would be the right player to put in the middle of those two. It doesn't really make any sense. But then also we'd have to sell Salah to even afford Haaland so that makes the whole thing moot anyway.

1 hour ago, Leyton388 said:

I could pretty much guarantee if on the 29th May in Istanbul us and City line up for the final with them going for unprecedented quadruple 95% of the country and pretty much every Utd fan would want a City win...
Taking out the obvious hate for us the main reason being nobody cares what they win, and  ironically having all that money has pretty much diluted any local rivalry they have with Utd 

At what point does the footballing world open its eyes and say hmmmm man City winning every single domestic trophy and title and maybe European titles coincides with them being bought by a fucking oil state and not some kind of clever scouting system and being managed by some genius who just understands football beyond any other mere mortal. They're the fucking Ben Johnson of football except everyone already knows the truth before every single fucking race but we accept it because its a club nobody gives a shit about. Man City are the death of the game. Sorry not man City abhu Dhabi or the city group whatever the pricks call themselves they are the death of our game.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, an tha said:

Watching rugby.

Not really a fan of the sport, but have to say the way they use the technology and way ref talks with the players and the people operating the technology is something football could really learn from.

It won't of course.

Players seemed to show the ref some respect too instead of being whinging cunts and surrounding him to appeal for every throw in

10 minutes ago, an tha said:

Nobody seems to dislike them except us and the other mancs.

Bizarre.

Yet most of these fans moan about the state of modern football but turn a blind eye to a Man City. 

Before 2008 their trips to Wembley involved playing Gillingham in a Division 3 play off final. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, El Rojo said:

There were a few pearl clutching nuggets on here who "coldn't believe that someone would want to sell Salah" when I mentioned that I wouldn't be averse to cashing in on Salah if it meant we were able to land this kid. He's a freak and whichever club lands him will be set in the center forward department for the next 10 years at least.

• Downvote 2

7 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

At what point does the footballing world open its eyes and say hmmmm man City winning every single domestic trophy and title and maybe European titles coincides with them being bought by a fucking oil state and not some kind of clever scouting system and being managed by some genius who just understands football beyond any other mere mortal. They're the fucking Ben Johnson of football except everyone already knows the truth before every single fucking race but we accept it because its a club nobody gives a shit about. Man City are the death of the game. Sorry not man City abhu Dhabi or the city group whatever the pricks call themselves they are the death of our game.

I've got to bo honest I was absolutely smashed when I wrote that, it was a surprise to see it.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, El Rojo said:

I’m not so sure, unfortunately. I reckon managers like Tuchel and Rodgers would easily keep winning domestic trophies for them. They’re playing with a stacked deck.

Hopefully Bayern will put them in their place in the semi-finals this year. Wouldn’t be hugely confident in Dortmund landing a globe on them, but who knows. 

I'd agree , your average Joe could win a cup of two , but they won't last long - then a Chelsea style manager-go-round will start up when they do nothing in Europe. 

Dortmund could beat them , but it'll be a tough one. 

Can't see anyone but Bayern winning it to be honest though

Apart from our top 4 or 5 competitiors, fans of most other PL clubs know they arent competiting with city on any level. I guess it comes down to they'd rather see city beat the 'established' clubs for trophies as they're some sort of new kids on the block despite all the money laundering that goes on at city.

Guest Alex_K

City can’t really be criticised this season IMO. Their upturn in form isn’t related to sudden expenditure on players but Guardiola completely restructuring how they play. Easily his best season to date in my opinion given the players he is working with - who are a clear notch down on the Aguero/Silva/prime-Fernandinho’s of yester-year. They looked very, very wobbly in the autumn but he pulled them out the fire. Both teams fully fit, they still only have 3 or maybe 4 players I think would crack our 11. Kudos.