You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football - 2020/21

WhiskeyJar

It’s not a pen.  Contact is allowed in the game.  He hasn’t impeded Lacazette and he hasn’t hurt him and it wasn’t reckless.  He tried to block the shot and not tackle him.  Had Lacazette connected with the ball properly I imagine he would have blocked it.  I think if someone completely wipes you out after a shot it’s defo a penalty but this wasn’t that.

It’s another prime example of rule makers and those who decide how to apply it not being fit for purpose.  We seen the “after shot wipeout” for years without it being punished.  Now it seems to have been addressed but as usual they take a sledgehammer to crack a nut.  It’s never a penalty and I can’t believe there are fans thinking it should be.  The only good thing about it is that it’s against Harry Kane, Spurs and Mourinho who are up there with Everton for being the biggest snide cheats in the league.

Personally I’d like to see pens removed altogether for innocuous fouls and handballs.  I know it sounds hypocritical as that would be a sledge hammer but it would take a lot of diving and other snide behaviour that isn’t trying to score or create a goal out of the game.  We are clearly at a point now where players are training the best ways to con a referee.  It’s not the dark arts or thinking on your feet as it used to be and was ignored or seen as intelligent.  It’s game ruining.

41 minutes ago, an tha said:

Fucking irritating looking at a game and thinking mancs winning is best result for us because we are no threat to them and fighting with West fucking Ham for European footy.

Yup , beat wolves tomorrow and we have an outside chance of catching Chelsea - otherwise forget it

4 minutes ago, elvis said:

Yup , beat wolves tomorrow and we have an outside chance of catching Chelsea - otherwise forget it

Hate to say it, but even if we went perfect till the end of the season, I'm still not feeling it. 

Looks like we'll just have to win the European cup, to give us something to natter about in the summer. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Chip Butty said:

Hate to say it, but even if we went perfect till the end of the season, I'm still not feeling it. 

Looks like we'll just have to win the European cup, to give us something to natter about in the summer. 

10 more wins would see us finishing on 73 points, that would pretty much guarantee a CL spot I think. I doubt we'll win more than half of our remaining matches however.

• Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, elvis said:

Yeah 8 pts behind them at moment with tomorrows game to come.

Pretty fair to say its last chance time tomorrow -  it is probably gone anyway already but yeah a win keeps us interested with an outside squeak....fail to win and its definitely done for my money.

4 minutes ago, Herp McDerp said:

10 more wins would see us finishing on 73 points, that would pretty much guarantee a CL spot I think. I doubt we'll win more than half of our remaining matches however.

Love the first sentence, tragically true the second sentence. 

50 minutes ago, Herp McDerp said:

Of our last 10 league games we've won 3 and lost 7 so, 10 wins in a row seems unlikely at this point. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, MegadriveMan said:

Don't we need West Ham to win?

As it stands, United Chelsea and Leicester are on course to finish in the top four so we would need all of them to drop as many points as possible and we need to win virtually every game.

Realistically, Everton, Chelsea, West Ham and Us, all looking for that 4th spot. That’s the best we can do in my eyes. The other teams all need to keep dropping points.

A lot of these cunts play each other in the run in.

We'll have a chance without winning the 10 games. I reckon 7 wins will do it, particularly if we beat the cunts in and around us 

Cunts.

• Upvote 2

We'll need a minimum of 24/25 points I think and that'll take us to 67/68 points. That's 7 wins AT LEAST and 3 draws or 8 wins and 2 defeats. Leicester have a horrible run in with city, Chelsea and spurs to play last 3. If we can get to within 6 of them with 3 to go, they may bottle it again. 

28 minutes ago, niallers said:

We'll need a minimum of 24/25 points I think and that'll take us to 67/68 points. That's 7 wins AT LEAST and 3 draws or 8 wins and 2 defeats. Leicester have a horrible run in with city, Chelsea and spurs to play last 3. If we can get to within 6 of them with 3 to go, they may bottle it again. 

We will bottle it first.

18 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Is it just me who isn't that impressed by Lamelas rabona goal. The way I've heard some go on about it blows my mind. I've little respect for a rabona anyway its the most basic little skill you learn that people go overboard like its magic. 

First I've heard about it so went to check it out. 

I thought it was good, it's not just the skill of the kick, the quick thought to go for it rather than trying to get it out of his feet is what's the most impressive thing. 

22 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Is it just me who isn't that impressed by Lamelas rabona goal. The way I've heard some go on about it blows my mind. I've little respect for a rabona anyway its the most basic little skill you learn that people go overboard like its magic. 

I know what you mean, but it's an unusual way to score, and it's not as if he had ages to think about it.

Pure instinct, a nutmeg, right in the corner with a bit of curl, and to break deadlock in a top division derby.

What's not to like, really!?